Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Off Topic Thread (2015/16)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

Beca19 wrote: »
    Want an A1 in chemistry and should get it if my cramming skills stay strong :pac: low B in Irish, don't really care what I get as I hopefully won't be counting it, and an A2 in French if I find the time to learn my opinion pieces.. Maths was way easier than expected today so hoping for an A! English was another story... And you?

Had biology and geography today, so hoping for an A1 in both but a A2 or even B1 in geography is what I'm bound to get.

Have Italian and religion tomorrow. Hoping for a B1 in italian, managed to get a B on the oral but I'm not counting it for the LC. Not studying for religion.

You must be great with the maths. Have it on Friday....need at least B or I'll be doomed :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

Had biology and geography today, so hoping for an A1 in both but a A2 or even B1 in geography is what I'm bound to get.

Have Italian and religion tomorrow. Hoping for a B1 in italian, managed to get a B on the oral but I'm not counting it for the LC. Not studying for religion.

You must be great with the maths. Have it on Friday....need at least B or I'll be doomed :D.
    What's religion like?

I'm not that good, I studied loads and literally none of it came up, 80% of the test was stuff that was on the junior cert course, no joke :|

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Oh yh!!!
    I completely forgot about the oral.
    Mine was way easier then I expected.
    General conversation we were supposed to learn 13 questions. 10 of the 13 would be asked of us.
    Teacher on the day only asked 5!!!
    Roleplay went very smooth.
    Got full marks, 20% of our summer tests.

I had Business and English today.
    I am expecting a high B, ran out of time. Was supposedly going for an A, because I studied for it so much. And all that to waste.
    English. Went alright I guess. I aiming for a high C. Not counting English for my actuall LC though.
    When is the rest of ye off?
    I am finished Thursday :P

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

I had Ag Science Irish and Physics today lol :p
    Irish was dire lol the poem and story I studied didn't come up.

I have Chemistry Maths and French tomorrow I haven't even looked at chemistry yet lol..... Well im still expecting an A to say the least !
    Im finished on 11 o'clock on Thursday too haha Cant wait for the summer so :D !

What's religion like?

I'm not that good, I studied loads and literally none of it came up, 80% of the test was stuff that was on the junior cert course, no joke :|

Just did religion. It's not an exam subject... But we still get teared on it. It's basically history, just Learn names and dates and keywords.

• Advertisement

Just did religion. It's not an exam subject... But we still get teared on it. It's basically history, just Learn names and dates and keywords.

They test you and it's not an exam subject?! Dafuuuq

They test you and it's not an exam subject?! Dafuuuq

Yeah, it's a waste of a class period and time.

Welcome to my school :p

• Registered Users Posts: 30 kitkat98

I'm so happy 1 more exam tomorrow then I'm free:-):-)It's Irish too so finish on one I like. Altogether this week was alright
    Tuesday: English - grand bishop and king Lear question on good vs evil characters came up, unseen was weird but ok.
    German : was grand except I screwed up imperfect tense
    Wednesday Maths ...HORRIBLE on sections I find really hard and from exam paper rather than usual class test. Lucky to get C1.
    Geoography handy out
    Today biology was grand except what's the function of nitrogen cycle, and hats nitrification?
    Business was beautiful:-)
    hope tomorrow will b ok :-)<3:-):-)<3

• Registered Users Posts: 7 G_G

Have maths tomorrow :( Safe to say I am not looking forward to it

G_G wrote: »
    Have maths tomorrow :( Safe to say I am not looking forward to it

Same. Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 G_G

Same. Good luck!

Thanks! Good luck to you too

Finished yesterday :D:D already got Irish, French and English back. It actually doesn't feel like summer at all this is so strange... 5th year went so quickly :O

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

Got 85% in Japanese and am quite happy with that :cool: haven't gotten anything else yet

emersyn wrote: »
    Got 85% in Japanese and am quite happy with that :cool: haven't gotten anything else yet

Wow nice. You interested in Japanese culture?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

Wow nice. You interested in Japanese culture?

Well I love languages so I'm doing it more because of that (also because my school is one of only a handful in this country who teach the subject so it would be silly not to give it a go). I'm not overly interested in the culture but I still like learning about it!

emersyn wrote: »
    Well I love languages so I'm doing it more because of that (also because my school is one of only a handful in this country who teach the subject so it would be silly not to give it a go). I'm not overly interested in the culture but I still like learning about it!

So jealous of your school. Very handy language to know especially if you're planning to do business or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

When is everyone planning into going 'Leaving Cert Mode'
    For me this month, going to Denmark next week. I am just going to enjoy life, workout, clean up the house, watch LOTS of movies and shows.
    Reason why I am starting so early is simply because I am doing 2 subjects outside of school, I am planning to get Economics and Ag Science course done in my summer, along side with the project.
    I also will practise maths exam questions.
    Obviously I won't be going to such extend of studying like 5 hours a day from next month, 2 hours I think would be enough and then have the weekends off.
    What is everyone elses summer plans ?
    Any one going abroad ?

For me this month, going to Denmark next week. I am just going to enjoy life, workout, clean up the house, watch LOTS of movies and shows.
    Reason why I am starting so early is simply because I am doing 2 subjects outside of school, I am planning to get Economics and Ag Science course done in my summer, along side with the project.
    Obviously I won't be going to such extend of studying like 5 hours a day from next month, 2 hours I think would be enough and then have the weekends off.
    Any one going abroad ?

I'm gonna take June and July off. In august I'll start revising and practicing my subjects. I'll try cover half of AP maths this summer, as I'm doing it also outside school.

Going to tenerief and Germany.

Working out, eating, gaming, and sleeping basically sums up my rest days :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 fjollybxo

@dublinarnie I'm doing AP maths outside of school also, what questions are you planning on covering?

fjollybxo wrote: »
    @dublinarnie I'm doing AP maths outside of school also, what questions are you planning on covering?

I already have linear motion done. Gonna move onto the next three questions or so, but I'm not gonna rush it.

Thankfully there arent many questions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

Any one going abroad ?

Do nothing at all and be refreshed for September. Maybe read your comparative texts to ease the pressure, but don't study! You'll be burned out very quickly if you study over summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 kitkat98

Any one going abroad ?

I have to start in August after I get back from the Gaelteacht. I don't mind though. Just enjoyin everyday as it comes:-) anyone goin to Gaelteacht r doin Meitheal?:-)

365 Days until we sit English paper 1 ....

Trying not to think about it. :o

If you study 2 hours everyday in summer you'll probably be burned out by November :O I'm not doing anything except a bit of practice for the UKCAT probably :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jdoe

Anyone else here doing exam attendant?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

372 actually :p Our exams are starting on the 8th of June :eek:

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    372 actually :p Our exams are starting on the 8th of June :eek:

Is the 1st not more likely? 8th is sooo late

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

If it makes you feel any better, 2016 is a leap year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Nope it says it in the notes on this years timetable.

Note 7: https://www.examinations.ie/exam/Leaving_Certificate_Examination_Leaving_Certificate_Applied_Timetable_2015.pdf

• Advertisement

Be happy, more time to study for us :D:D:D:D:D:D

Advertisement