Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Off Topic Thread (2015/16)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Be happy, more time to study for us :D:D:D:D:D:D

honestly, by that stage you'll just want them over and done with. Sick of talking about the leaving cert -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

Jdoe wrote: »
    Anyone else here doing exam attendant?

I am too, I was originally a substitute but someone went off to Tenerife so I'm replacing her :D It was a bit more boring than I expected today after the heavy labour of moving all the tables and chairs yesterday. I'll have to bring the laptop tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Lee_la

I am too :P the time passed much slower than I thought it would, I was going to bring my laptop but the plug was across the hall and my lead wasn't long enough so I just read a book instead

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭koolis02

I am! its so boring omg, the hours go by so slow and it doesnt help im outside a freezing hall with like 20 spiders hanging from the roof , save me :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

koolis02 wrote: »
    I am! its so boring omg, the hours go by so slow and it doesnt help im outside a freezing hall with like 20 spiders hanging from the roof , save me :eek:
    I'd jump into a hole full of spiders if I was going to get the money all you exam attendants are getting :D

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭lumosteph

Anyone else really eager to find out what poets came up on Paper 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

koolis02 wrote: »

In 6th class my desk was right underneath a hole in the ceiling where these tiny spiders would constantly pop out of. Turns out a spider had laid its eggs up there and they were all hatching. I still have nightmares

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jdoe

lumosteph wrote: »
    Anyone else really eager to find out what poets came up on Paper 2?

I'm doing exam attendant and from what I heard after they came out - frost, montague, Harding and ní chuillean came up, they said on the radio that the predictions were right anyway !

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭lumosteph

I'm doing exam attendant and from what I heard after they came out - frost, montague and possibly ní chuillean came up, they said on the radio that the predictions were were anyway !

Yeah it seemed like a really predictable paper! I'm really glad Dickinson didn't make an appearance, she better wait until next year!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

lumosteph wrote: »
    Yeah it seemed like a really predictable paper! I'm really glad Dickinson didn't make an appearance, she better wait until next year!
    Just because she didn't come up this year doesn't mean she's guaranteed to come up next year! ;)

Probably slightly more likely, but ...

I'll probably say this 40 times during the year, but the only way to be absolutely sure you will see a poet you have covered on the paper is to study 5! ;)
    Learned four poets and none came up. Rambled an a4 page and a half on ENC.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Just because she didn't come up this year doesn't mean she's guaranteed to come up next year! ;)

I'll probably say this 40 times during the year, but the only way to be absolutely sure you will see a poet you have covered on the paper is to study 5! ;)

I gambled on Robert Frost like a lot of people. The second everyone opened the paper you could hear the sighs of relief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

It's all luck really... I gambled on studying Montague alone and he appeared...

Wouldn't recommend doing that! I was panicking about it, the only way to be safe is do 5! Trust me!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Jdoe

If anyone wants to see any of this years exam papers they're already up on examinations.ie !

Troxck wrote: »
    It's all luck really... I gambled on studying Montague alone and he appeared...

Wouldn't recommend doing that! I was panicking about it, the only way to be safe is do 5! Trust me!
    Imagine how much you would have panicked if he hadn't been there ... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Imagine how much you would have panicked if he hadn't been there ... ;)

Well luckily I didn't have to worry about that!

Just want to reinforce that no one should take chance like I did, you could be lucky like me but I doubt it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Consonata

I figured we're getting close to that time, plus I couldn't find the old thread hahaha. How's everybody's summer getting on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

This made the reality that I'm finished all too real.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Hana98

Woo! New thread!:D I think this summer has been the best ever. Now wait until the return of school changes my mood!:(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Ah, here, you already have a thread :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Old LC doesn't really finish until the results are out - premature thread.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Merged with the other thread. While I appreciate the enthusiasm, we usually just change the name of the 5th year thread in August. Besides, no need to give everyone a heart attack this early in the year :pac:

Nim wrote: »
    Besides, no need to give everyone a heart attack this early in the year :pac:
    Exactly, ye're not LCs for another few weeks, go enjoy your summer! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

A tear weeped reading these posts.

Anybody do any work remotely academic this summer. I went to the ELC French camp but apart from that not much.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 fjollybxo

Consonata wrote:
    Anybody do any work remotely academic this summer. I went to the ELC French camp but apart from that not much.

Starting a Spanish course in Instito Cervantes tomorrow. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Hana98

Consonata wrote: »

I did a French exchange. How was that course? I know people doing the German one.

Hana98 wrote: »
    I did a French exchange. How was that course? I know people doing the German one.

Was really good, My french has improved tons. Trying to do some work over the summer so I'm not drowning in it come next year. Anybody doing the institute august course here?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭iCrazzy

How would one find an expression for the total surface area (internal and external) of a rectangular box.
    I have worked out the expression of the volume and followed the exam in my book but no luck.

• Advertisement

iCrazzy wrote: »
    How would one find an expression for the total surface area (internal and external) of a rectangular box.
    I have worked out the expression of the volume and followed the exam in my book but no luck.

Answer is in attachment, please do ask questions. I did it quickish so there might be a mistake in it.

Advertisement