Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LC Off Topic Thread (2015/16)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭lumosteph

I have all of regional geography done, plate tectonics, rocks, volcanoes, earthquakes, fold mountains, the coast and just started rivers.

Physical geography is huge so you're fine I think.

Oooh you've done a good bit! My teacher is pretty good but he goes excessively slow, we spent 3 weeks on glaciation even though we decided on rivers as our to know "in depth" topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭DublinArnie

lumosteph wrote: »
    Oooh you've done a good bit! My teacher is pretty good but he goes excessively slow, we spent 3 weeks on glaciation even though we decided on rivers as our to know "in depth" topic.

Glaciation :eek: that is slow.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Glaciation is a very slow process though ... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

Can I ask how much of the course everyone has covered in Chemistry? We've only got 30% of our textbook done (up to properties of gases) and our teacher told us that we'll have to have extra classes during lunch/after school next year to cover everything - I'm pretty annoyed about this as we're moving at a snail's pace, she has a tendency to go off on unnecessary tangents and she wastes half of each class going back over whatever we learnt the day before. I haven't heard of any other schools needing extra Chemistry classes and I'm worried that extra Chemistry classes on top of extra Maths will make the year even more stressful

Glaciation is a very slow process though ... :cool:

The cringe is real :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Consonata

How is everybody doing with History and Biology. Trying to figure out if I'm doing well with the course or not.

Consonata wrote: »
    How is everybody doing with History and Biology. Trying to figure out if I'm doing well with the course or not.

Biology is going really well. What have you covered so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭coolerboy

emersyn wrote: »
    Can I ask how much of the course everyone has covered in Chemistry? We've only got 30% of our textbook done (up to properties of gases) and our teacher told us that we'll have to have extra classes during lunch/after school next year to cover everything - I'm pretty annoyed about this as we're moving at a snail's pace, she has a tendency to go off on unnecessary tangents and she wastes half of each class going back over whatever we learnt the day before. I haven't heard of any other schools needing extra Chemistry classes and I'm worried that extra Chemistry classes on top of extra Maths will make the year even more stressful

We just started organic chemistry today :) .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

In chemistry we've done the Periodic Table, History of the Atom, Arrangement of Electrons in the Atom, Mole Concept, Acids & Bases, Volumetric Analysis of Acids & Bases, Chemical Bonding, Chemical Equations, Trends, Radioactivity, Stoichiometry I, Properties of Gases, Rates of Reactions and we're on Fuels & Heats of Reactions now. I'm pretty sure that's about 50% of the course maybe a bit more, so it'll probably be a tight enough squeeze trying to get the other 50% done before the Pres next year :eek:

In Biology, we've all of Unit 1 done, All of Unit 2 (apart from Enzymes, Respiration and Photosynthesis), and in Unit 3 we've done: Monera, Fungi, Protista, Structure of Flowering Plants, Transport in Plants, Blood, Circulatory System, Lymphatic System, Human Nutrition System and we're on the Human Reproductive System now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭emersyn

In Biology we have done all of unit 1, cell structure, cell diversity, enzymes, advanced enzymes, respiration, diffusion/osmosis, cell division, classification of organisms, bacteria, fungi, protista, structure of flowering plants, and we're doing viruses at the moment. I don't do history
    Bazinga_N wrote: »
    In chemistry we've done the Periodic Table, History of the Atom, Arrangement of Electrons in the Atom, Mole Concept, Acids & Bases, Volumetric Analysis of Acids & Bases, Chemical Bonding, Chemical Equations, Trends, Radioactivity, Stoichiometry I, Properties of Gases, Rates of Reactions and we're on Fuels & Heats of Reactions now. I'm pretty sure that's about 50% of the course maybe a bit more, so it'll probably be a tight enough squeeze trying to get the other 50% done before the Pres next year :eek:

Whoa..We've only done history of the atom, arrangement of electrons, the periodic table, chemical bonding/formulae, chemical equations, trends, radioactivity, the mole concept and finishing off the properties of gases now. Which sounds like quite a lot now that I write it out, not compared to you though. I'll have to work on some of it over the summer I suppose :(

• Advertisement

Whoa..We've only done history of the atom, arrangement of electrons, the periodic table, chemical bonding/formulae, chemical equations, trends, radioactivity, the mole concept and finishing off the properties of gases now. Which sounds like quite a lot now that I write it out, not compared to you though. I'll have to work on some of it over the summer I suppose :(

Tbh I don't think you're much further behind us. The only extra stuff we've done is Acids & Bases + the titrations and Rates of Reactions and Stoichiometry .

The Acids & Bases section is very short and easy, the titrations take some time to do but not really difficult. Rates of Reactions is very short and uncomplicated so don't worry about that! Stoichiometry is probably the shortest part of the course! Very simple if explained well. I wouldn't worry too much!

How's everyone doing lately? Study going well?

How's everyone doing lately? Study going well?

Yeah, wish I made study notes a little earlier but I have an extended weekend to finish em.

You?

Not too bad, Revising chapters out of maths and physics this week. We're writing up our comparative essay so probably will be breaking that down and just going to kill a weekend learning it off. I just want summer at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Hana98

I hate Biology so much.:mad: At least I understand History. What are you doing for your options? Have you started the project? That is the stress of my life!:mad:
    Not too bad, Revising chapters out of maths and physics this week. We're writing up our comparative essay so probably will be breaking that down and just going to kill a weekend learning it off. I just want summer at this stage.

Wow! Have you done all three of the comparatives? We're not doing an essay until we've done all three.
    Thank God for the bank holiday!:D

Hana98 wrote: »
    I hate Biology so much.:mad: At least I understand History. What are you doing for your options? Have you started the project? That is the stress of my life!:mad:

Wow! Have you done all three of the comparatives? We're not doing an essay until we've done all three.
    Thank God for the bank holiday!:D

We havent started the project just doing a bunch of essays for now, next October is Project month. and Yeah we finished the whole course last week i.e all poets done, KL etc. Its great! :)

We havent started the project just doing a bunch of essays for now, next October is Project month. and Yeah we finished the whole course last week i.e all poets done, KL etc. Its great! :)

Wow! I'm so jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

We just finished our 3 texts so loads of comparative essays now :(
    And the exams have been pushed forward a week and I haven't started revising, oops :D

Beca19 wrote: »
    We just finished our 3 texts so loads of comparative essays now :(
    And the exams have been pushed forward a week and I haven't started revising, oops :D

We only do the one comparative essay, learn it off, then we can twist said essay for whatever title comes up since the title tends to be very broad you don't have to change a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

We only do the one comparative essay, learn it off, then we can twist said essay for whatever title comes up since the title tends to be very broad you don't have to change a lot.

Oh! I prefer the way we're doing it tbh cos it takes a lot of practice to get good at writing them, but I'm sure we'll be repeating ourselves somewhat throughout the essays :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 kitkat98

Hi guys was wondering does anyone do business ? Just wanna know how far are yee in the course and how do yee revise it ? Any tips?

kitkat98 wrote: »
    Hi guys was wondering does anyone do business ? Just wanna know how far are yee in the course and how do yee revise it ? Any tips?
    We're just finishing up with Unit 5 now. We've everything before that done (except for the Industrial Relations chapter).

Doing exam questions is the best way to revise business. Use the marking schemes to correct them and you'll soon see yourself improving! :)

We're just finishing up with Unit 5 now. We've everything before that done (except for the Industrial Relations chapter).

Doing exam questions is the best way to revise business. Use the marking schemes to correct them and you'll soon see yourself improving! :)
    wow! we are only finishing unit 4 ! thank you! May get studying:-(:-(:-(

wow! we are only finishing unit 4 ! thank you! May get studying:-(:-(:-(
    Unit 4 is the biggest unit anyways, so you're probably in a good position! Don't worry about it :)

Unit 4 is the biggest unit anyways, so you're probably in a good position! Don't worry about it :)

Ur probably right...but still a lot of stuff to get through and with zero motivation to do it !

I'm finding it hard to find time to study these days, what with the summer exams three weeks away plus my music exams a week from Wednesday, things are getting stressful.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Seanf999

We're just onto Human Resources (sorry I don't have my book with me) working cover to cover.. The problem is our teacher has been gone on maternity leave so we had one system and now we have another so everything's arseways..

Anyway I use revise wise, they cover virtuslly everything you need, I still highlight in class and what not but for most tests revise wise and a flick through the book tend to help so long as you know the marking scheme!

I feel really guilty. I have been asked to an 18th on Saturday but I know I have study to do. Don't know whether I should go or not. It's my third 18th in a month!:-(:-(

I feel really guilty. I have been asked to an 18th on Saturday but I know I have study to do. Don't know whether I should go or not. It's my third 18th in a month!:-(:-(

When there's a party, study can wait :)

• Advertisement

Hana98 wrote: »
    When there's a party, study can wait :)

Hahaha:-P I suppose ur right :-)<3

Advertisement