Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CS GO

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I queue with newb friends mostly so get stuck down in eagle. Not played in a while now. Must dust it off soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭DaDerv

This solo queuing excuse doesn't work for me. I'm MGE now and primarily solo queue. Started at silver 2. Think a lot of the issue is your own! I find I go through bad spells too, rushing bad spots not taking time, just silly basic mistakes. In that case I just take a break for a while. Few days or so. Come back fresh, do some Aim Botz and play away! Galway/26/ Add me if yer up for a game- DervThePerv

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Im silver elite...just cant seem to get higher for now. Finding so many games where somebody leaves after 2 or 3 rounds or someone is just **** and messes up the matches. Very frustrating game....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Orizio wrote: »
    Uhh yeah.

Lol i play esea and i top scoreboards on it. So uhhh yeah :L silver mm is known for noobies so i expect bad players. Also expect russians. obviously not saying im global elite material but im at least eagle ranked. Minus the hackers of course. mm rank up only with mates. Solo its a nightmare

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    Lol i play esea and i top scoreboards on it. So uhhh yeah :L silver mm is known for noobies so i expect bad players. Also expect russians. obviously not saying im global elite material but im at least eagle ranked. Minus the hackers of course. mm rank up only with mates. Solo its a nightmare

Also the mm system is awful so what ever rank you are you may be alot better. This is wildly known by pro players sure half of NiP players are silvers haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

2Mad2BeMad is GeT RiGhT confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Unless the Math of the MM system is messed up - which it may be - you are exactly where you belong.

Orizio wrote: »
    Unless the Math of the MM system is messed up - which it may be - you are exactly where you belong.

mm system is messed up
    thats my point :pac:
    explain how smurfs stay in silver ? its the mm system messing up
    explain how pro players who play it for a living are in silver? its messed up :pac:
    explain how me and a group of lets say lvl 4 silvers are playing against eagles, guardian elites? this game would be impossible to have fun in, because 1 team of silvers won't beat a team like that unless the team of silvers were smurfs.
    again its wildy known how bad the mm system is, its the reason theirs so many 3rd party systems out their for clan vs clan or pug vs pug
    e.g cevo, esea etc....
    you can argue this point against me all day, but like I said its known how bad it is and how many players choose to play on a 3rd party mms, this is not a statement this is a fact :pac: if you'd like proof just google it

I'm not trying to prove I'm better then anyone else here but I am better then silver 4, i played cs 1.4 competitive and moved from their to this game, the mm system only ranks you based on WINS, so if you're playing solo, and you get teamed up with bad people (which in silver happens alot) you lose simple as. but that mm system is awful.

I mean I can take a screen shot for you right now and you're going to laugh,
    yesterday I lost a game 16-14 (was an excellent game btw)
    I went 42kills and 13 deaths. my friend who I played with went 28-16 and we lost because our squad played terrible. But because we lost that my friends rank dropped from silver 4 to silver 3. How is that fair? he plays good but loses rank because other players can't step up their game

Like I said I don't claim to be better then anyone else here, but the mm system is ****e, and it needs to be reworked. I am sick of losing games over teammates not pulling their weight and that causes me a loss? I lose rank?
    the math? what ever is involved to make randoms teams when in a game, is way off the mark.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I could get out of silver with one hand, pros are not in silver, they have smurfs they keep in silver to play with their fans.
    Also kills alone dont make you good enough to advance, communication is as important as aim. Whereas most people abuse people that are doing bad people should be encouraging them and working with them.

There is no mmr/elo hell, it's simple to get out if you are good enough. It's a fallacy that other teams do not have the worse players that you have on your team as well, I'm pretty sure the top players on the other team are raging too when you win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

are there servers for noobs or should it put me in with other noobs because of my ranking?

getting absolutely slaughtered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Finally got myself back to Gold Nova 1. Took one draw followed by 6 wins in a row to rank up from SEM. You have no idea how frustrating that was.

2Mad2BeMad wrote: »
    mm system is messed up
    thats my point :pac:
    explain how smurfs stay in silver ? its the mm system messing up
    explain how pro players who play it for a living are in silver? its messed up :pac:
    explain how me and a group of lets say lvl 4 silvers are playing against eagles, guardian elites? this game would be impossible to have fun in, because 1 team of silvers won't beat a team like that unless the team of silvers were smurfs.
    again its wildy known how bad the mm system is, its the reason theirs so many 3rd party systems out their for clan vs clan or pug vs pug
    e.g cevo, esea etc....
    you can argue this point against me all day, but like I said its known how bad it is and how many players choose to play on a 3rd party mms, this is not a statement this is a fact :pac: if you'd like proof just google it

I'm not trying to prove I'm better then anyone else here but I am better then silver 4, i played cs 1.4 competitive and moved from their to this game, the mm system only ranks you based on WINS, so if you're playing solo, and you get teamed up with bad people (which in silver happens alot) you lose simple as. but that mm system is awful.

I mean I can take a screen shot for you right now and you're going to laugh,
    yesterday I lost a game 16-14 (was an excellent game btw)
    I went 42kills and 13 deaths. my friend who I played with went 28-16 and we lost because our squad played terrible. But because we lost that my friends rank dropped from silver 4 to silver 3. How is that fair? he plays good but loses rank because other players can't step up their game

Like I said I don't claim to be better then anyone else here, but the mm system is ****e, and it needs to be reworked. I am sick of losing games over teammates not pulling their weight and that causes me a loss? I lose rank?
    the math? what ever is involved to make randoms teams when in a game, is way off the mark.

Ugh so many things wrong in this. I'll say one thing, mm isn't based on wins alone. Valve have never revealed how the ranks work but two lads bought two new accounts, played the same 10 games and got different ranks. Ergo there are more variables taken into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Ugh so many things wrong in this. I'll say one thing, mm isn't based on wins alone. Valve have never revealed how the ranks work but two lads bought two new accounts, played the same 10 games and got different ranks. Ergo there are more variables taken into account.

I read an interesting post on the steam forums regards this. The guy in question did state that this was all best-guess work and based on things the devs have said but nothing has ever been confirmed;

So in the absence of finding a link as I'm in work: I'll summarise: It's about wins (and loss) and MVPs.

If you win, you gain points; some (or all?) of which come from the other guys (hence how you de-rank). If you're a higher rank player vs.lower ranks, the amount you get will adjust accordingly. For example, a lower rank player will gain more beating a higher rank player and vice versa. I can't recall how the MVPs slotted into the equation but he had a plausible explanation.

The other thing I recall - can't remember if it was from this guy or not - was in the example partyjungle gave above of two new players playing ten games and being ranked differently; you'll be ranked higher if you won the first three games in a row, then the last three (for example). So there are other factors besides wins, losses, and mvps at play but the points raised in the article in question seemed to be plausible enough as a "core" base around which ranking might work.

Lemming wrote: »
    I read an interesting post on the steam forums regards this. The guy in question did state that this was all best-guess work and based on things the devs have said but nothing has ever been confirmed;

So in the absence of finding a link as I'm in work: I'll summarise: It's about wins (and loss) and MVPs.

If you win, you gain points; some (or all?) of which come from the other guys (hence how you de-rank). If you're a higher rank player vs.lower ranks, the amount you get will adjust accordingly. For example, a lower rank player will gain more beating a higher rank player and vice versa. I can't recall how the MVPs slotted into the equation but he had a plausible explanation.

The other thing I recall - can't remember if it was from this guy or not - was in the example partyjungle gave above of two new players playing ten games and being ranked differently; you'll be ranked higher if you won the first three games in a row, then the last three (for example). So there are other factors besides wins, losses, and mvps at play but the points raised in the article in question seemed to be plausible enough as a "core" base around which ranking might work.

As you said, it's all best guess work. Any reasoning about how mm works is folly unless it can be proven

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Just started playing this again I have been playing cs_assault like mad how I miss that map

By the way can we still spray tags like in cs: source ?? I used to love the animated gifs that would distract the noobs coming through doors :D

Little project I am considering - Custom keycaps for buy binds :)

xpKhIt5h.jpg

What do you guys think of this? Quickly threw this together this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

fergus1001 wrote: »
    Just started playing this again I have been playing cs_assault like mad how I miss that map

By the way can we still spray tags like in cs: source ?? I used to love the animated gifs that would distract the noobs coming through doors :D

No sprays in go.
    Danger781 wrote: »
    Little project I am considering - Custom keycaps for buy binds :)

What do you guys think of this? Quickly threw this together this morning.

Looks good man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Burgo wrote: »
    No sprays in go.

Damn :( I used to love the dancing gifs I used to get a good laugh out of it I wish they were still there ! Why are they not included ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

So, I am up to Legendary Eagle Master now and there aren't as many cheaters at this level than I originally thought... :P Eagle to LEM was only 4-5 wins, but does anyone have an idea about LEM to SMFC?

fairly similar, only place where a lot of wins was required was DMG.

There are a lot more cheaters above eagle btw

• Advertisement

Finally got myself back to Gold Nova 1. Took one draw followed by 6 wins in a row to rank up from SEM. You have no idea how frustrating that was.

Onwards and upwards! Gold Nova 2 at the moment, and on a 4 or 5 game win streak. Getting 20k+ per game.

Will eventually find my way back to MG.

I've dropped back to Silver Elite Master and can not get out of it. Think I've probably lost about 2 games in recent memory.

When I played consistently I was Nova 4 / MG1

Onwards and upwards! Gold Nova 2 at the moment, and on a 4 or 5 game win streak. Getting 20k+ per game.

Will eventually find my way back to MG.

Made my way back to Gold Nova 4 ;)

Have reached a spell of inconsistency though.. Played 4 games yesterday and was disappointed with my performance in all of them. I was so silver it hurt to watch myself. Couldn't land my AWP shots. Kept getting stuck in places. Whenever I tried to quick switch (QQ) I'd end up doing it once or three times and end up jumping around with my knife or a nade.

New AWP is annoying as hell. I'm still not used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

New AWP is annoying as hell. I'm still not used to it.

pfft who needs an awp when you can just tek9 :pac:

I really feel like they are ****ing up what CS is meant to be. Buffing the pistols and smg's to encourage running while firing. Pray and spray is supposed to be frowned upon. Now I feel like its the only way to play the pistol round. The super strong five-seven and tec9 are far to useful in anti-eco rounds. Half-buys are more viable than ever before.

As for the AWP, my reactions are too bad to just sit in one place and wait for enemy. I've always been better at taking the peek. This update is really bad imo. At least nuke is getting an overhaul.

Since the last update match-making seems a bit suspect too. I've found myself in some questionable matches; our team consisting of three Silver threes, one Silver four, and the outlier being a Nova2 - paired off against a team entirely comprised of a mixture of MGs and Nova Masters. The following day, four silver threes and one silver four matched against four silver fours and an unknown (player left so only bot to show for it). It just seems that in the past few days I've encountered a significantly higher amount of 'stacked' teams.

Lemming wrote: »
    Since the last update match-making seems a bit suspect too. I've found myself in some questionable matches; our team consisting of three Silver threes, one Silver four, and the outlier being a Nova2 - paired off against a team entirely comprised of a mixture of MGs and Nova Masters. The following day, four silver threes and one silver four matched against four silver fours and an unknown (player left so only bot to show for it). It just seems that in the past few days I've encountered a significantly higher amount of 'stacked' teams.

I've found that if we queue with 5, the ranks of the enemy team gravitate around the top rank of your 5. This is definitely new. It punishes premades while attempting to account for smurfing. I really feel like they have fixed things that weren't broken. I had to create a smurf account just so I could play with some silver friends. Its such a joke.

I've found that if we queue with 5, the ranks of the enemy team gravitate around the top rank of your 5. This is definitely new. It punishes premades while attempting to account for smurfing. I really feel like they have fixed things that weren't broken. I had to create a smurf account just so I could play with some silver friends. Its such a joke.

Well, the first day -= yes we had a team of five and the thought had crossed my mind that the 5v5 pre-made match making was fubared, but the following couple of days days there has been three of us, and two randoms, so I think they've made a bags of normal match-making too.

Smurfs are a real problem, but I'm not realy sure how you can realistically combat them without punishing everyone else in the process.

Edit: one possibility is to create a new game-mode to allow people of wildly different ranks just play with their mates; 5v5 non-competitive. So not the free-for-all of casual, but not competitive where someone with a much higher rank and drastically change the outcome of a game. Whilst it addresses people creating accounts just to play with lower level friends, it doens't address the real "because I can" smurf types.

Sorry I meant to add, I've seen the ranks gravitate to higher ranks even with a group of 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭A.Gorilla

Weird how its takes feckin ages to get through the silver ranks. I hit gold nova the other day....5 games later im gold nova 2. Strange but kinda cool :)

Advertisement