Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

doubledown wrote: »
    I'm just curious - I pre-ordered this so I could play it straightaway (loving it so far). Everyone in here seems to be getting physical copies. Does nobody download games for the PlayStation Store?

If not, why not?

Higher price, slower to deliver, no way to sell/lend the game.

It's a worse service tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,683 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I only go digital with games i know/think I'll play long term and/or if it's a good price. I traded the last TR game after clearing it last time and will most likely do the same with this. Looking forward to giving it a lash though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

doubledown wrote: »
    I'm just curious - I pre-ordered this so I could play it straightaway (loving it so far). Everyone in here seems to be getting physical copies. Does nobody download games for the PlayStation Store?

If not, why not?

I get most through the PSN. Cheaper on a foreign store and downloads in a few hours. I have no interest in trading in.

I like digital these days, you aren't constantly seeing 1000's worth of spending sat on a shelf gathering dust :D

The artbook/disc holder is actually class. I usually glance at art work and put away (lose) but this is really cool, especially the pic of all the lara's from the last 20 years hanging out in a diner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I'm 50/50, if it's cheaper I'll always buy on PSN... but for example with the sterling the way it is it was cheaper for me to buy this as a hard copy on Amazon... even with priority delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

biggebruv wrote: »
    how do you pay on the foreign store? does it accept your credit card?

which store has it for cheapest atm?

You physically move to that country and buy your game while safely within it's borders :D

otherwise what you're asking is gonna get ye in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

You physically move to that country and buy your game while safely within it's borders :D

otherwise what you're asking is gonna get ye in trouble.

Ahhhh I see ok

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Loving the game so far, much different than the first one.

Finding it brilliant as well. Last game was a bit too uncharted for me bit this seems to be a much better mix. A lot of it reminding me of the original with the atmosphere. Good action and sequences. Graphics are excellent. Playing it on Survivor as recommended on here and really enjoying it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Loving the game so far, much different than the first one.

eh what?

I thought the problem with it is that it was exactly the same as the first one :(

Got a bit bored of it half way through it, still plowed on to the finish though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Enjoying playing through this with survival instinct disabled. Was spamming it in new areas at the start of my playthough and it was really distracting. But without it i get to really enjoy the world, the exploration of it and im rewarded (loot) for it. Highly recommend everyone to turn it off, or atleast try playing for abit without it. Otherwise the game is great. One pet peeve i have is that Soviet and Greek voice overs are in an American accent. In the first game they had a Japanese tang to them and it helped with immersion somewhat, despite the fact they are speaking English :rolleyes:

I'm tempting to turn it off as I put it on auto in a new area and before leaving as I don't want to miss anything but it is distracting and immersion killing.

Silencers can't be removed from weapons :mad: I enjoy the sound of gunfire but the silencer has ruined that for me. They should have just left the bow as the silent weapon and everything else as loud weapons :mad:

Geothermal Valley is making my PC drop frames despite it being a high end rig, but it seems lots of other people online are having trouble with the area. Was so close to quitting the game at that point but i trudged through it and its been smooth sailing since. I really like what they did with the artifacts, with Lara giving a little commentary on it plus the 3D model viewer. Naughty Dog could learn a thing or two from that alone, but U3 still the better game....so far

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Pity the PS4 version wasn't actually released in this packaging that Square made as a promo.

CueUJ_rWYAAnWbU.jpg
    CueUJ9mWgAA920p.jpg
    CueUJ-DWcAAw4UY.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

*GASP*

A manual....

Anyone played through the DLC?

Is it worth a tenner?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Is it worth a tenner?

were is the DLC for a tenner?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Redo91

Is it worth a tenner?

Is this included in the 20 year anniversary edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Redo91 wrote: »
    Is this included in the 20 year anniversary edition?

All the dlc is included in the 20th anniversary edition. The new manor dlc is €10 for PC and Xbox players who don't have the season pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Underground

Finished this today, found it to be a bit of a snoozefest to be honest.

It's a very pretty game, I will say that. The optional tombs were cool and easily the best part of the game. This game and it's predecessor really don't feel like Tomb Raider to me, it's lost some of its identity, but the optional tombs did a bit to alleviate that. Outside of that there really wasn't much here for me.

Any puzzles I came across in the main storyline are woeful, baby's first puzzle. The handholding is extreme. Add to that the ubiquitous upgrade system, the godawful dialogue and collectathon elements and it just ended up being boring for me.

I've said it on here before about the Uncharted games, this game felt like I'd played it 100 times already. Maybe I need to take a break from AAA games for a while! Although I freaking loved Mankind Divided,even if it committed similar sins of upgrade systems and collectathons.

My initial impressions of this game where good but I can't bring myself to finish it. Every time I sit down with the intention to finish it I end up playing something different or nothing at all. I will one day as I hate to leave games unfinished but it's gonna be a slog.

I would love if for the next Tomb Raider, you aren't fighting yet another private army.

Next-gen velociraptors please.
    With feathers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I would love if for the next Tomb Raider, you aren't fighting yet another private army.

Next-gen velociraptors please.
    With feathers!

This!

What i loved about the first ever tomb raider was the isolation, you would be exploring caves/tombs for half the game. fighting against animals mostly. and then when you bump into that other raider it was like OMG WTF WHO IS THAT, que random rare gun fight across a cliff.. I'd prefer to hardly see any people and when i do come across one, throw in an epic fight for survival battle. Thinking on the scale like the Quiet fight in MGSV but less supernatural of course or maybe not..

mincing the same mindless enemies over and over with ease is boring :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Id be the opposite, i never liked the original games, could never get into them, much prefer these two games and hope they continue with this formula.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭KaiserGunner

My initial impressions of this game where good but I can't bring myself to finish it. Every time I sit down with the intention to finish it I end up playing something different or nothing at all. I will one day as I hate to leave games unfinished but it's gonna be a slog.

Yeah that was my feeling with the game before, I finished it in the end. I'll still pick up Rise of the Tomb Raider for the PS4 once I've cleared a bit of my backlog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'm liking this option for the PS4 Pro. I'd rather 60fps over 4k and it means I don't have to buy a new TV.

Hopefully most of the games will be doing this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Strange, fixed it there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭jones

I'm hoping this comes up on the 12 days of christmas PSN sale. Loved the reboot a few years ago. Plus any excuse to show of what the Pro can do ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

jones wrote: »
    I'm hoping this comes up on the 12 days of christmas PSN sale. Loved the reboot a few years ago. Plus any excuse to show of what the Pro can do ha

Was already on offer, was the first deal

Advertisement