Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,682 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I forgot this is out on ps4 Tuesday. Argos UK selling it 40 pounds so should be under 50 over here. Still deciding between this and mafia 3. Either way, I'm sure I'll be trading one in four the other when finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Absolutely stunning game, I loved every minute of it....just play it on the harder difficulty and have a few beers you will be sorted. One of the best games I have played on a console TBH.

Survival difficulty is far from a challenge especially once you learn to craft certain arrow types. Other difficulties are far too easy so 100% recommend starting on the hardest setting.

Also I really enjoyed the score attack challenges and I normally hate those in games with a passion :)

So....looks like this is delayed in Europe until next Tuesday 18th oct. Anyone else heard about it? Gamestop confirmed delay and are waiting to hear back from head office. If prefer to get it physical as will probably be trading it one done for Return to Arkham so digital isn't the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    So....looks like this is delayed in Europe until next Tuesday 18th oct. Anyone else heard about it? Gamestop confirmed delay and are waiting to hear back from head office. If prefer to get it physical as will probably be trading it one done for Return to Arkham so digital isn't the best option.

I think it's the collectors edition that is delayed. My copy was dispatched from Simply Games last week but haven't received it yet so hopefully I get it this week. Just finished first game last night.

• Advertisement

Prordered it in gamestop 55 quid minus 46 for mafia 3 so 9 quid is grand. They said copies are due in wednesday but that's OK with me. I've waited a year to play this, i can wait another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Dying to get this.

Loved the first one definitive edition on ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

mdwexford wrote: »
    Dying to get this.

Loved the first one definitive edition on ps4.

Yeah I replayed that this summer, still love it bar the multiplayer nobody asked for.
    Pre ordered on Amazon. Weird they haven't shipped it but have taken the money already.
    Hope to have it by Friday depending on who is the courier

ERG89 wrote: »
    Yeah I replayed that this summer, still love it bar the multiplayer nobody asked for.
    Pre ordered on Amazon. Weird they haven't shipped it but have taken the money already.
    Hope to have it by Friday depending on who is the courier

Uggghhh that multiplayer /shudders

They replace that with speed runs and score attack modes which I normally hate but found to be super fun in this for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

fantastic game enjoy all the new ps4 players at least everyone can enjoy it now

hope it sells well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Very excited to play this on PS4, but am a bit confused about the delay. GameStop told me they won't have it until next Wednesday, but Smyths say they'll have it tomorrow: https://twitter.com/asksmythstoys/status/785547513436708864

GS told me today it's due in Wednesday. I asked next Wednesday or this Wednesday and they said this Wednesday. Next week will be bollox. Gonna ring them tomorrow see if they have a definite answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

it's 53euros in argos not bad and with all the DLC aswell I might trade the xbone version in and buy this one to get all the DLC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

The 20th anniversary version is currently $48 on the US Xbox store, which contains the base game and all the dlc. Cost on the Irish store €70 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

A bit jealous of you PS4 players who get to play it for the first time. Such a good game.

Only thing I'll say is that I do think the first game was slightly better, but this is still 15-20 hours of sheer entertainment!

So anyone else getting it from gamestop and told when it's due out? I knew 55 euro from GS was too good to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Got mine today via Parcel Motel from Amazon, worked out at €43 delivered due to low price pre order deal they have.

Got mine today via Parcel Motel from Amazon, worked out at €43 delivered due to low price pre order deal they have.

I think my copy from simply games got lost in the post. Was dispatched last Wednesday and have yet to receive it. I think they forgot to add the PM number for the parcel motel address.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I think my copy from simply games got lost in the post. Was dispatched last Wednesday and have yet to receive it. I think they forgot to add the PM number for the parcel motel address.

Yeah that happened me before with gamescollection, forgot the PM number. Had to declare it lost and got another shipped out but it takes 21 days for that.

Yeah that happened me before with gamescollection, forgot the PM number. Had to declare it lost and got another shipped out but it takes 21 days for that.
    Yeah it arrived without PM id. Parcel motel found it so should get it within 48 hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Asendia is the courier. Looks like I have another 11 month wait for of me to get it from Amazon

GS said stocks will be worth stores tomorrow afternoon.... let's see.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭R.F.

My local GS hadnt a clue when they are to receive copies

Said it might be next week

great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

No luck in Smyths, so I ordered a copy on Amazon. I want to shop local, but they've gotta be competitive... or at least get stuff in on time!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just impulse bought this on Steam. What did i get? Wasn't it released months ago? Is this like an Ultimate Edition or something?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just impulse bought this on Steam. What did i get? Wasn't it released months ago? Is this like an Ultimate Edition or something?

Probably the version with all the DLC and main game, 20th anniversary edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Played some this morning and its quite good. I started on the second most difficulty (Survivor) but I'm tempted to restart on True Survivor. I also found i was relying on Survival Instinct to much and it was removing me from the game and the need for exploration, i would just go where the glowing items are. I'm all for challenge in video games but how rough would it be if i disabled glowing waypoints/items and played on True Survivor? I'm more worried about it being tedious to play this way. Anyone who has played this already got any experience with this?

Gamestop have it in stock now.

My copy is in Parcel Motel Dublin depot so should have it by tonight hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭doubledown

I'm just curious - I pre-ordered this so I could play it straightaway (loving it so far). Everyone in here seems to be getting physical copies. Does nobody download games for the PlayStation Store?

If not, why not?

Advertisement