Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I've been rewatching all the Marvel Netflix shows over the last year or so. Just have the last season of Jessica Jones to go. Daredevil and Punisher are still so goddamn great. But I hit a serious lull with Luke Cage and Iron Fist S2. Iron Fist S2 especially I could barely manage the interest to watch an episode a week, whereas Daredevil S3 and Punisher S2 I binged each within a week.

So the question is if Disney continues the Daredevil series, what about the rest? It's also hard to see how Kingpin can continue with Daredevil given the ending of Season 3; does he stay as Daredevil's antagonist or does he end up being someone else's antagonist?

I'm more surprised they're not just bringing back the cast but say its a different multiverse version of them, and pick and choose what parts they want to keep.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There is rumours that Kingpin will appear in

The Hawkeye series.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

Potential Spiderman Far From Home spoiler in the form of a Lego set.

One of the sets is a drone battle, featuring Spidey in his black suit vs the Vulture. It is marked inspired by Far From Home, but I think that's a good chance he is in SFFH.

https://www.lego.com/en-ie/product/spider-man-s-drone-duel-76195

Post edited by Niska on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Ok Foggy Nelson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,183 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I'm sure there will be an essay on the misogyny of this post now :P

I dont even know what that is but keep it up. Its amusing watching someone wrong keep digging.

You really have that perma-victim headcanon going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Let's take that dirty smear attempt here first, I am one of the first to call out discrimination when I see it - review my posting history if you doubt it. Similarly, I never denied misogyny or sexism exist, I just questioned the incredibly leaps you've taken to get there in this situation. If Disney had a long record of attacking female stars in a different way to male stars who came at them with public lawsuits I would see the trend and agree with your perspective on their response - though many others would need much more evidence than that. What really hurts the drive to eliminate discrimination is when it is thrown about with practically nothing backs it up - like using it in this case. You cry wolf enough, real cases will be ignored - like the issues of pay disparity.

I didn't strawman anything, you claimed

'it backfired wildly as people were mostly in her corner'

For something to 'backfire wildly' on Disney it would have to impact the general consumer market. If you said 'it backfired within 'movie fans and professionals in the industry who already don't think highly of them' then I'd have agreed with you. If you tone down the hyperbole then you wouldnt have to move the goal posts after the fact.

I really don't understand the point of the quote you've included above - the leader of an actors union is hardly going to be impartial in a case of one of their members. It is like posting a quote from the TUI regarding a teacher's grievance with the department of education.

The bigger star point is not irrelevant - they literally discussed it in the video you shared. There is no proof that Disney broke their contract with her - every video you've previously shared is just re-reading the words of Scarlett's lawyer's, at least in the videos they unlike you admit that there is a lot they do not know and that Scarlett's lawyers might not be telling the whole truth. In this case you nor I know the differences in the wording of the two contracts, the Rock's might have been much more explicit than hers and there could have been no private arbitration process so Disney being some or all of being more clearly in the wrong, dealing with a bigger star, and no defined process to resolve issues would make them more likely to renegotiate. To get to your claims of misogyny you are ignoring the areas we do not have insight to and then presuming the worst case is true. Your fairytale as to why Blunt's info didn't leak is a prime example of twisting things to fit the narrative you are wishing to be true - if Disney didn't renegotiate with Blunt then why hasn't there been a peep from her camp after the news of the Rock's extra money - when there was leaks galore about their original salaries? I don't know which or either is true, you admitting to assuming the worst is exactly why your overall argument is so weak.

On my third point, you're now just showing you do not know the details of the case. Scarlett's lawyers purposefully left Marvel off the initial lawsuit because in her Marvel contract it states that issues related to it have to go through private arbitration. Asking to renegotiate a contract and starting a private arbitration process are two completely different things - she had the option to go to arbitration and didn't just not do it, she did everything she could to avoid it. The only reason Disney were able to make a claim to move it to private arbitration was because it was in her Marvel contract.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I didn't even think they were supposed to start filming on that until next year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That's way closer than I would have expected it to come. I don't hold any particular fandom for the Snipes Blade series (#1 and #2 were great; the third, ehhhh not so much) ... but equally, he has been one of those actors who made the role his own - such that someone else taking it on feels ... wrong by default. Ala Ron Perlman with Hellboy, or Christopher Reeve with Superman.

Also, given those Blade films were such hard Rs, with the concept lending itself so distinctly to horror, I'm very sceptical how the MCU does justice to that tone and story. Only recently watched the latest high-profile vampire flick in Netflix's Blood Red Sky; and yeah, that level of raspberry jam feels too much.

Saying that though.. I'd now accept a Kingpin partnership deal between Vincent D'Onofrio and Ciarán Hinds simply based on the charisma Ciarán Hinds feels like he's bringing to about the 30 seconds he's been allocated in each episode of Kin so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,792 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Will venom show up in the new Spider Man or will they wait til the new Doctor Strange ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

• Registered Users Posts: 37,792 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 85,079 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I would not have seen him in the role. Fantastic actor though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I remember him from School of comedy back in the day, he's changed so much

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Whole big bunch of delays to MCU movies. Almost every movie moves back one film in the previously announced schedule

• Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness – Delayed from March 25, 2022 to May 6, 2022
    • Thor: Love and Thunder - Delayed from May 6, 2022 to July 8, 2022
    • Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - Delayed from July 8, 2022 to November 11, 2022
    • The Marvels - Delayed from November 11, 2022 to February 17, 2023
    • Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania - Delayed from February 17, 2023 to July 28, 2023
    • Untitled Marvel - Moved forward from November 10, 2023 to November 3, 2023.

Disney also removed two unannounced Marvel films (dated for July 28, 2023, October 6, 2023) from the schedule entirely.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

What's the reason given? I had presumed Hollywood filming was back to something resembling normal schedules.

Well.. what's coming out round about the same time.. first two google results are:

So.. it's pretty deserted around that date.

I doubt Marvel would move em all just to avoid The Batman wave.. it's 3 weeks before Dr. Strange.

Now.. as best I can gather Dr Strange is supposed to be an event film. Watch Graces reviews and stuff .. she's been banging on about Dr Strange having a bunch of reshoots a lot..

So.. I wouldn't put it past some big plans for their reshoots and thus knockin out the whole schedule of the rest of the films.

I dunno after that.. maybe they want the besterest everest chance of having a big cash earning film so moving it even further into reopening season.

As an aside... looking at May 27th

and all I could think was..

😁

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Supposedly there's some spoilers for The Eternals going around after the screening last night, be careful folks.

Advertisement