Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options
1131132133134135137»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,214 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I can accept that a Blade reboot in the vein of the Wesley Snipes original could do very well on its own but I don't know if we'll ever see it.

Personally, I couldn't give a shite about FF. I won't even be walking the ten minutes to my local Cineworld for that one, even with my Unlimited Card.

I don't see how they turn things around at this point. The thing with the MCU is that it now has complexity but no depth. There's a Captain America on the way but I won't be getting Disney Plus to do the required homework for it. As a result, I'll give it a miss. The formula is always the same while the characters are largely little more than cogs that turn as the formula dictates. There are exceptions, such as Rocket's arc in Guardians 3, but on the whole it feels like the characters are shallow and disposable now. I've no idea who the other characters in The Marvels were (save Ms. Marvel) and I didn't care to find out before or after the film.

They may turn it around but I get the impression of managed decline at this point, particularly when there's a DCEU, a monsters universe and so on.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 45,045 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

And now we have X-Men '97 MAYBE teeing up becoming part of the MCU, which would be interesting and get some hype going again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

X-men 97 is pure nostalgia into my veins. I wasn't expecting to have such a strong reaction to it. That last episode had some incredible moments.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,214 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I believe you but Youtube decided that because I liked the trailer, it had to suggest videos with spoilers in their titles so now I can't watch it.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

nothing more infuriating than those 'shorts' with stupid titles that give away spoilers.

• Advertisement

Yep. On the flip side, I don't have to feel guilty about using adblocker.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Incredible episode along with the soundtrack..everything just hit right! That ending was not something I expected!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,184 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Apparently Dafne Keen briefly posted and then deleted something that confirmed her return as a teenage X-23 in Deadpool & Wolverine.

She (both Keen and Laura) was one of few cameo's that had previously been definitely ruled out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,184 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

How many more weeks of X-Men '97?

I'm planning on a big series binge once its done.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,237 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Wikipedia is showing 10 episodes. Episode 6 is this week.

I only caught up on the previous episodes over the weekend. Some side stories are a bit boring, and while I appreciate them bringing back some of the original voice actors a lot of them do sound a lot older, but man when it's good it's really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

Christ, Deadpool And Wolverine has me excited for an MCU film again

Advertisement