Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

The Doctor Strange sequel needs "significant" reshoots according to THR.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,328 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Wasn't that announced, ages ago? I thought he was announced as Kang in Quantumania even before he was revealed to be in Loki?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

One of those She Hulk images look quite interesting because of how Tatiana and Ruffalo are dressed. Looks like the 70s or something so wondering now is it a multiverse story.

Yeah, I mean Ruffalo shouldn't be in Banner form at all? I wouldn't object if they find a way to ditch Prof Hulk... Not a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,921 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I'd say it's more an ad promoting herself as a lawyer with Bruce pre Professor Hulk. Saw an interesting theory that the scene with Professor Hulk is set during the blip where she just got her powers via Blood transfusion and he is training her . Seeing as in the post credit scene for

Shang Chi he is human and is wearing a sling on his arm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,378 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looks like Scarlett has no issues going back for the Marvel/Disney money after her lawsuit.

Scarlett Johansson Receives American Cinematheque Tribute; Kevin Feige Teases “Top Secret” Marvel Project With Actress, Unrelated To ‘Black Widow’

• Registered Users Posts: 85,416 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Delroy Lindo is in final negotiations for a role in Blade

New Spider-Man Trilogy In The Works From Sony And Marvel, Tom Holland To Stick Around

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I can't imagine anyone ever seriously imagined we wouldn't get anymore Holland-led Spidey films. I imagine there's some horse-trading going on between Sony and Marvel; there'll be a lot of money in play.

The only concern I'd have is that given the number of top-tier Spider-Man villians we've gotten or are getting in NWH, where do they go from there for three more films? Venom's an antihero and Carnage has been done in Venom 2.

Who else is left? Kraven would almost definitely be a lock. A new take on Rhino. Maybe Scorpion? Unless they do non-Multiverse versions of Green Goblin etc, versions from the main MCU.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,181 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Bring back the working class, struggling to make ends meet Spider-Man IMO. The character's most engaging when struggling to balance the various responsibilities in his life - a little something is lost when that aspect is taken away and he's off galavanting in Europe!

To much involved now for Sony to walk away from the MCU.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Not just Spider-Man On the Buses, which I can just about get behind as an idea; I'm not big into the MCU's decision to have him the heir apparent to Tony Stark's tech. I've never liked the "Iron Spider" suit and all that entails; but you imagine it only ever happened 'cos Kevin Feige wanted him on the board during Infinity War. IIRC the comics have recently gone in that direction too; Peter Parker as CEO.

Parker's supposed to be one of us; the ordinary guy trying to make ends meet, juggle his life - but WITHOUT the leg up of technology, friends in high places or massive fortunes.

The Iron Spider suit to me always just seemed like a way to have them be able to switch to Tom Holland's face with ease, without the Maguire/Garfield films where he's taking the mask on and off, or the mask gets half torn/destroyed which happened to Maguire's mask in almost the exact same way in each film.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,181 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah the high-tech Spidey suit stuff stinks - both thematically and aesthetically. It’s garish CG polluting one of the more iconic costume designs in comics. But it also dilutes the character’s defining characteristics, powers and ingenuity. It makes Spidey just another bland Avenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,544 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I loved the Iron Spidey from the civil war comic and squealed when i saw it in the MCU bit Jesus they're leaning on it so much, it's definitely out stayed its welcome. I'm hoping No Way Home sets up a Spidey vs Venom movie, peel away all the other high tech suits and mentors.

Yeah I don't understand why they're going back to the Iron Spider suit considering Peter literally made his own new suit in Far From Home. I guess it's just so they can have him with the arms vs Doc Ock, but I hope after that it's gotten rid of. There seems to be a few different suits in the trailers anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Just watching infinity war here on rte2 such a great ending to the film, I think it will be very hard to top it.

😁😂

Thanos Couldn't Physically Snap His Fingers Wearing The Infinity Gauntlet

A group of scientists prove that the physical act of Thanos snapping while wearing the Infinity Gauntlet in Avengers: Infinity War was impossible.

A group of scientists has proved that Thanos (Josh Brolin) physically snapping was impossible in Avengers: Infinity War. Arguably one of the most jaw-dropping plot twists in the MCU, Marvel shocked audiences when the Mad Titan decimated half of the universe with the click of his fingers. Despite the gallant efforts of the Avengers and their allies, Thanos was still able to sneak a win from them, handing Earth's Mightiest Heroes their first-ever real defeat since they first assembled in 2012.

Marvel Studios had been teasing the existence of the Mad Titan as early as 2011 in Kenneth Branagh's Thor. After years of various involvement in other MCU movies via a mix of post-credits appearances and glorified cameos, Thanos was finally properly introduced in AvengersInfinity War. As the primary villain of the Infinity Saga, the villain's goal was to collect all six Infinity Stones and use them to wipe out half of the galactic population with just one snap. This was instead of him manually traveling planet to planet and executing his nefarious scheme on a smaller level. The Avengers had a chance to stop Thanos when Thor (Chris Hemsworth) successfully struck him with Stormbreaker. However, the God of Thunder's emotions got the best of him, and he decided to slowly kill the purple villain, giving just enough time to snap his fingers and disappear half the population.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,883 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Not Cinematic Universe (yet😉) but still of interest to a lot of you I'm willing to imagine. A First look teaser for Across the Spider-verse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,921 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

A bit disappointing but it makes sense. Hulk looks pretty good in fairness.

I'm more surprised they're not going to go with CGI enhanced Maslany, instead a fully CGI creature. IIRC she Hulk isn't as huge as her male version, so they could have had the actor just play the hulked out version thenn colour correct and increase her height / bulk. At least they have the money to throw at some halfway decent CGI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

she hulk is nearly 2.5 m tall.

I'm looking forward to seeing how she looks..

So has Feige made the Netflix show's cannon again with that statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,265 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I doubt it. Probably just a cast of a perfect casting so Marvel will just continue with it.

Hard to know. I'd say more likely go that this is a different multiverse version of the character. Depends how much they want to be tied to the continuity of everything that happened in the Netflix shows. For example if they wanted to link Shang-Chi to Iron Fist, they'd have to bring back Finn Jones as Danny Rand. Not sure even Kevin Feige could make that work...

Good point on the multiverse, He just made them cannon in another universe and can now give them a new cannon in this MCU verse.

The thing with the Netflix shows was the casting of the main characters was near prefect and it would be a shame to recast them if you he could get the original cast signed up now going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,883 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I know there's a lot of humming a hamming but the appearance of JK Simmons as J Jonah on its own doesn't make the Raimi trilogy MCU canon.

Advertisement