Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel Cinematic Universe general stuff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just thinking about the Young Avengers teased at the end of The Marvels and who would be in it.

As of now it seems it will be another all female team with Ms. Marvel, Hawkeye, then likely Cassie Lang, America Chavez and Riri.

Considering the lack of success for Marvels and Madame Web, will they try and bring in male characters as well? Maybe Skaar? Who else is there, as of now or planned?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

There were definitely going to be male characters; I've seen Skaar, Patriot (briefly featured in the Falcon & Winter Soldier show, Isaiah Bradley's grandson, possibly going to show up in the next CA film) and one or both of Wanda's sons (few years older) all mentioned as possibilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,181 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I'm still dissapointed they never spinned of an actual Vision series post Wandavision. Be kinda weird not seeing Viv in the Young Avengers stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,813 ✭✭✭✭flazio

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

More to do with The Bear I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,813 ✭✭✭✭flazio

One Batch, Two Batch is a made up children's story made especially for Daredevil season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I’m in need of a recap about the final episode of Loki Season 1

Did He Who Remains want to be killed so that the Time Loom would create more branches and more Kangs or was he trying to convince the Lokis to not kill so there wouldn’t be other Kangs?

But then why did he create the TVA to prune the branches in the first place?

And I also need to be reminded what was being said and happened in the Kangs mid credit scene in Quantumania.

Thank you

Loki Season 1:

He Who Remains is trying to protect the Sacred Timeline which prevents a multiversal war between all the Kangs. He doesn't necessarily want to die, but he's also old and wants either Loki and/or Sylvie to take over from him. But he also knew if Sylvie killed him, the branches would split, the multiversal war would still happen, and He Who Remains would likely return (as he's from the future originally).

Quantumania:

There are still a huge number of Kang Variants out there (same way Loki and Sylvie still exist even though their timelines were pruned), and they exiled one of their own to the Quantum Realm (the main one Ant Man fights). But because he's defeated, the Council of Kangs are worried that the Avengers who have started to experience the multiverse will come for them, so all the remaining Kang Variants are going to team up to stop them instead of fighting among themselves.

I'd recommend Loki Season 2 if you haven't seen. It starts slow and confusing, but the second half of episodes are pretty great, and the finale is superb. It'll also clarify or expand on some of the things I posted above.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

Loki season 2 is the past thing Marvel have done since Endgame

I'd say maybe GOTG3 or Spiderman NWH, just because there are two of the episodes of Loki S2 where I kinda just zoned out, but I must go back and rewatch and give them another try. The second half of the season though exceeded all expectations and was absolutely terrific. Also shows why Disney+ shouldn't just one-and-done their TV shows, but instead give them a chance to develop and grow.

• Advertisement

I have started Season 2 and had just watched the episode 1893 and I needed a memory refresh.

So He Who Remains is actually trying to protect the timeline that he belongs to - not a bad guy, but doing a bad thing? Does Loki understand this because now I’m confused as to why he is so terrified of him? Or is he terrified of the Variants?

Quantumania - that is what I thought but had started to doubt it. That film doesn’t show him as a powerful threat as the had no powers in the Quantum Realm. He needs a few more appearances to establish him/them as a threat and I can’t see him having a part in the upcoming films. Stark and the gang didn’t know Thanos was coming until he arrived but we saw the build up to it even without knowing his plan or powers.

Feige doesn’t seem to be doing that with Kang in the movies, just in Loki.

Is Jackman going to be Wolverine or Will Deadpool 3 finally be the last for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

If I remember properly when the rights were bought they could not recruit new actors for the X-Men and they wanted Wolverine for Deadpool so asked Jackman back but I think he wants to leave it now. I think Ligan was meant to be his swan song

It was all Reynold's. They are good friends so you just know that they had to do a Deadpool/Wolverine film together.

I'm just surprised that they have not roped in Jake Gyllenhaal for something

I don’t understand - who cannot recruit new actors for X-Men characters?

I think Loki is more terrified of He Who Remains simply because of the scale of what he was able to do. He's a human who essentially gained dominion over the multiverse and created the entire TVA to eliminate entire alternate universes. And he was pretty much controlling both Liki and Sylvie's lives to get them where he wanted them.

As for Quantumania, yeah it kinda sucked that that version of Kang was dispatched pretty easily so he's obviously not near the power of Thanos, but Kang's threat comes from the Council of Kangs. Near-endless versions of himself working together. Same way Thanos is powerful even without the gauntlet, but his real threat was with the gauntlet. So we haven't seen the Kangs at their full power and ability yet, only one individual Kang (who still managed to take over the Quantum Realm without his powers). Different versions of Kang were supposed to start popping up throughout Phase 5 & 6 before The Kang Dynasty.

But it's likely Kang will either be quickly ignored or Poochie'd off-screen, never to be seen again.

I’ve seen a lot of headlines on Google about Kang being removed but don’t understand why.

Marvel have recast characters before, so why not Kang ? That seems more sensible than dropping the Big Bad for the arc they have planned out.

Though as I type I’m thinking maybe it is no big deal to leave Kang for the next Saga - he has only appeared in one film and in Loki, but the movies, he hasn’t even been teased in the other movies. Can’t for the life of me figure out why the Kangs had no part in Multiverse of Madness (which itself should have had Strange and America Chavez spend some time in more timelines rather than just two).

Post edited by Spon Farmer on

Theres a rumor that the actors/producers/writers all had X-Men contracts that ran until 2024 from FOX meaning that they'd have to be credited/paid if characters/X-Men movies were made before then.

Yeah as Spon said I'm 95% sure Reynolds just kept after Jackman until he agreed to don the claws again + yellow suit he always wanted.

It is Norrie Rugger Head that posted that. ;)

I’m glad X-Men are getting their time and looking forward to seeing who gets the roles. I wonder if Kelsey Grammer was back for that THE MARVELS credits scene.

I don’t like Deadpool - Ryan Reynolds was taught acting by Tommy Lee Jones, it is a short course titled “just be yourself”.

He might suit the Deadpool character but he is just so dull that that I end up not finishing the movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Disney marvel but only for x years

Edit as mentioned above 2024 due to contracts

• Registered Users Posts: 11,498 ✭✭✭✭klose

I think part of it was also the lacklustre reaction to Kang due to Quantumania. Plus the one excuse they would have had to recast him was that he was a Variant and all the other Kangs look different, however they straight up showed us in the Quantumania post credits scene that all the Kangs look like Jonathan Majors.

They could have just recast and basically said nothing, but I think it came down to "What's the point?". His arrival in Quantumania was a bit of a dud (even though he was probably the best part of the movie), and Majors would be forever linked to the role due to how he left compared to recasting Terrance Howard and Ed Norton very early in the MCU, or Harrison Ford taking over as Thunderbolt Ross because of William Hurt's health. I'd say Marvel just figured to Kang stuff wasn't working and would be too much hassle to try and fix, and they have to course-correct anyway due to the poor performance of films and shows, so may as well just get rid of Kang altogether.

Yeah but I'm surprised that he's not in D&W given that the three of them are friends

Reynolds can't drag his whole phonebook in tbf. Theres aready rumors (but theres rumors of every comic character that ever existed appearing) Channing Tatum will finally be Gambit on screen in a brief moment as will Chris Evans as both Captain America and Human Torch.

And if Taylor Swift is ever going to be Dazzler this'll be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,010 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Personally, I'd rather they get through all the multiverse stuff, Kang included, in this saga and then somehow box it off so we're back to one universe to focus on. People are going to get sick of it, if they aren't already. I was never a fan of them going the multiverse route for a saga so it might just be me.

MoM was impacted significantly by COVID, it was supposed to be before NWH. Wanda was always going to be the big bad in it so it is tricky to fit Kang in.

Kang has already received significantly more screen time than Thanos ever did before the last movies of the last Saga. The issue isnt the amount of screen time for him, it just needed to be done better. I do get why they tried to take a different approach to bringing him in, rather than just hearing about Thanos and post credit scenes.

Reason why removing Kang makes sense is because he is now tainted. The actor's rep being the smaller part of it, the bigger one being tied to the negative audience reaction to Quantumania. Given the challenges they're facing, it is a risk to tie the main event of the saga to something that hasn't succeeded. With the pushback of the movies, if there is an easy exit via rewrite then it makes sense to take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,296 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is this movie ever going to get made.

Just make a blood soaked movie with the half man half vampire killing vampires with a sword and making smart alec quips it's not rocket science.

Aaron Pierre Says He’s Not Attached to Marvel’s ‘Blade’: ‘As the Project Evolved, I’m No Longer Part of That’

Aaron Pierre is no longer attached to Marvel‘s upcoming “Blade” film, Variety has learned.

The actor revealed the update to Variety on the red carpet for the 55th NAACP Image Awards.

“Early on, there were conversations,” Pierre said of his involvement. “As the project evolved, I’m no longer part of that — attached.”

Pierre was set to star alongside Mahershala Ali, who plays the vampire hunter originally brought to life by Wesley Snipes. Pierre’s role remained undisclosed, although it was reported that he was chosen for the part after an expansive and thorough casting process. Marvel has only officially announced Ali’s casting as the eponymous vampire slayer.

Pierre is far from the first person to exit the Marvel film, which has had a fraught development process. Since July 2021, multiple directors and writers have been attached. Bassam Tariq was originally slated to direct, with Stacy Osei-Kuffour penning the script, who exited two months before production was set to commence. Yann Demange then came on board as director and Michael Green was hired as screenwriter. Variety reported that at least five writers have been attached to the movie.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Given how apparently teed off Mahershala Ali has been about the project, how long before he decides he has had enough?

I'd not be surprised if he has given up by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,296 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hints from Marvel's head of streaming, television & animation Brad Winderbaum that Agents of Shield maybe the next series to be brought back into the fold.

"We're doing that right now," Winderbaum said when asked if any other fan-favorite series might be revived. "We're in production on Daredevil: Born Again in New York, they're shooting as we speak – I'm seeing text messages come up from set. That's probably the next show that is going to kind of revisit and revive a really strong, and one of my favorite pockets of our universe and our fandom. And... you never know, is the answer," he added when asked about Agents of SHIELD. 

Advertisement