Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Championshps Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

pajor wrote: »

Thanks for that, but unfortunately I'm limited to my phone for most of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Ian O'Riordan had a piece on Barr and Britton in today's Times. He spoke with Chris Jones, Britton's coach on the reasons behind the marathon.
    'Now there have been a lot of different opinions thrown out as to why she’s running the marathon as well, four days later. But all through the winter we were considering the best marathon opportunity. That came up here, when a couple of the Irish women dropped out with injury, and it was Fionnuala’s decision all along. It might sound a little outside normal thinking, but she’s fully intent on going the distance, learning as much as she can, because she probably won’t run another championship marathon until the Rio Olympics.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

pconn062 wrote: »
    Thanks for that, but unfortunately I'm limited to my phone for most of the day.

follow the Irish Athletics twitter feed

Jason Harvey 7th in heat in 51.91
    Amy Foster 5th in 11.51, qualifies for semis
    Phil Healy 6th in 11.53, just misses out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Women's 100m: Healy ran well, was in contention with the leaders up until the last 10-15m. Foster got a great start, and sneaks into the final qualifying place for the semis. Healy agonizingly close, missing out by 2 hundreths.

Men's 400mH: Harvey was looking ok up until the last 100m. Apparently he's been hampered by an ankle injury recently so that coule have affected his strength in the home straight. Better time than he ran in the Commonwealths though.

Hoping for a good showing from Gregan now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Good run by Richard Morrissey. 6th in 46.20. In a fastest losers' spot at the mo.

• Advertisement

Men's 400m: PB for Richard Morrissey in heat two to come 6th in 46.20, taking .22 off his best. Can't ask for more than that! Possibly might sneak through as a fastest loser.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 PersonalBest

just seen the live link. Tks a million. Had been watching the RTE one with out sound. This one is much better. Tks again.

Easy qualification for Gregan. How much more has he?

Still looking good for Morrissey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Solid 3rd for Gregan at 46.33

Last heat done: Morrissey makes it. Well done.

• Advertisement

8th for Lavin with 13.35

8th for Lavin with 13.35

yeah looked like she clipped a couple of hurdles in the middle of the race. Good experience for her anyway, we'll be seeing plenty of her in the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

8th for Lavin with 13.35

-1.1 headwind also, not a bad run and from her, was always gonna be a tough heat with her slowest on paper. Great learning experience for her though

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭unichick

You'd miss Derval racing. She always gave her best & was a great sportswoman for Ireland. Hope she has a nice retirement.

looked very comfortable there by English

English 1st in his 800m heat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

He was cruising. Nice run.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Great run by English.

brave by Murray, faded badly after being knocked out of stride?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

pulled something?

• Advertisement

Something must have happened, he was looking comfortable up until about 200m to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

RayCun wrote: »
    brave by Murray, faded badly after being knocked out of stride?

Was working hard the down the back stretch (very heavy breathing) to be honest I think he just ran out of legs, did well to put himself in the mix for a qualifying spot and positioned well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

I presume yiz all know that this is live on BBC2 right now. 10,000 coming up soon...

Ososlo wrote: »
    I presume yiz all know that this is live on BBC2 right now. 10,000 coming up soon...

And Eurosport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

How good is this Irish girl? (I know that we're about to find out)

In the EC in Helsinki two years ago, Britton came 4th in the same event.

Plus she's a two time European Cross country champ, so the answer is- pretty good. She's our top female long distance runner at the moment.

"This online feed is available in all countries except France and Germany" :mad::mad:

Faaaaaaackkkkkkk!

"This online feed is available in all countries except France and Germany" :mad::mad:

Faaaaaaackkkkkkk!

Which one you in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Faaaaaaackkkkkkk!

http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=272913&part=sports

Advertisement