Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 178 - McGregor-Poirier**Tune in from 3:30 onwards to see McGregor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Great post. Thanks. ^^^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Is it just me or did the weigh ins seem to be in a tiny venue compared to normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

dulux99 wrote: »
    Is it just me or did the weigh ins seem to be in a tiny venue compared to normal?

They usually have them in the arena with most of it segmented off. They mentioned on the Embedded videos that Katy Perry was using the arena yesterday so they probably had to move it somewhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Great post there Mellor! Just to add to it if you go to the 4.40 mark in this video http://fightnext.com/video/O4U9O3YSNS3N/Dustin-Poirier-vs-Akira-Corassani--TUF-Nations-Finale Akira catches him with a straight left after he lunges in and drops him, but backs off instead of going in for the kill, then for the next 30/40 sections DP is hurt badly throwing **** all and trying to evade Akira, Conor would have put him away easy enough in that situation, and i know for a fact after Conor saying it at the media day a while back that its in the back of his mind that he has a weak chin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭xtal191

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Buffers face during the Cat Nunes face off :pac:

Haha

ZanyJauntyDwarfmongoose.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

This page is killing my mobile with the gifs lads ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Its gonna be impossible to avoid spoilers for this in the morning:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

xtal191 wrote: »
    Haha

ZanyJauntyDwarfmongoose.gif

Buffer the dirty dog, that is absolutely hilarious :cool:

Zingano is smoking hot though. She scares the bejaysus out of me, but i wouldnt say no thats for sure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

dave1982 wrote: »
    Its gonna be impossible to avoid spoilers for this in the morning:mad:

True just make sure you are home before McGregors fight and turn off phone/laptop till you watch it. Only way to manage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Anyone know if Setanta still have the €1 deal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

As much as I respect Conor as an athlete and I believe that he deserves his success ....... I can't wait for Dustin to knock him out.

Connors arrogance and disrespect needs to be ended.

He does us proud, until he opens his mouth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭blackbelt1

Tzardine wrote: »
    As much as I respect Conor as an athlete and I believe that he deserves his success ....... I can't wait for Dustin to knock him out.

Connors arrogance and disrespect needs to be ended.

He does us proud, until he opens his mouth.

I would and will bet serious money posters who post comments as ^ will be no where to be seen should McGregor beat Poirier,its any odds they ignore the thread or even worse jump on his bang wagon after being against him winning,and if he does lose you will have every single clown bringing out the ''I told you so''

Put your money where your mouth is if I was so sure hes gonna knock McGregor out I'd be in the bookies now investing fortunes and multiplying my stake 10 times over at the 10/1 odds

I wont lose any sleep if he loses hes lost before so im sure he wont either.

blackbelt1 wrote: »
    I would and will bet serious money posters who post comments as ^ will be no where to be seen should McGregor beat Poirier,its any odds they ignore the thread or even worse jump on his bang wagon after being against him winning,and if he does lose you will have every single clown bringing out the ''I told you so''

Put your money where your mouth is if I was so sure hes gonna knock McGregor out I'd be in the bookies now investing fortunes and multiplying my stake 10 times over at the 10/1 odds

I wont lose any sleep if he loses hes lost before so im sure he wont either.

I am not a begrudger. I will be happy for conor if he wins.

Just wish he would cut out the smack talk. He had the talent so why not let his fighting do the talking.

It's not funny the way he goes on. He is embarrassing himself.

I'm sure he'd be gutted to hear that you think so.

Or maybe not seeing as he is well on his way to being Ireland's first and one of the sports few millionaire mixed martial artists.

Far from being embarrassed he should be very proud of himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I hope it is a cracking fight down to the wire, and could be if Poirier fights smart, but i suspect McGregor by TKO as Poirier rushes in recklessly. Perfect stylistic fight for McGregor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭blackbelt1

Just wish he would cut out the smack talk. He had the talent so why not let his fighting do the talking.

its all part of the game and selling ppv's sooner the better you and other people realise it,look at denis bermudez in the same division 7 win streak in the division,whens he headlining home town cards and fighting as co main event basically in vegas? hes not because he's not bringing as much to the ufc table as someone like McGregor does.

And should he lose its win win because his return will do great numbers coming off a loss people will want to see how he reacts to his winning streak coming to and end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Is he personally insulting you or causing you harm?

People really get bothered about the smallest of things in life.

yipeeeee wrote: »
    Is he personally insulting you or causing you harm?

People really get bothered about the smallest of things in life.

My opinion obviously bothered you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

My opinion obviously bothered you.

Nope!!

Love the way conor wrecks peoples heads, its hilarious!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

I hate that no one in here can say anything in any way negative about Conor without getting jumped on by every other poster.

• Advertisement

I hate that no one in here can say anything in any way negative about Conor without getting jumped on by every other poster.

Agreed.

I have a lot of good to say about him but say one negative thing and the fan club does not like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 DirtyLeeds14

Going to get crucified for this but I hope Poirier does the business tonight, have followed his career since that Netflix documentary he was on a couple years back.

McGregor is a melt the way he goes on, pity our first star in the world of MMA is such an unlikeable bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Going to get crucified for this but I hope Poirier does the business tonight, have followed his career since that Netflix documentary he was on a couple years back.

McGregor is a melt the way he goes on, pity our first star in the world of MMA is such an unlikeable bloke.

That the great thing about opinions, just because hes unlikeable to you doesnt mean hes unlikeable to everyone else. Judging by his support over in vegas, in Ireland & around the world youd be in a minority.

Way off the mark here you are. Being negative is one thing. For instance if someone says that conor is questionable defensively, then that is fair criticism and a matter of opinion. But in the last few posts people have called him a 'melt' and said he is embarrassing himself with his bravado and trash talk.

How is that constructive or even fair criticism??

• Registered Users Posts: 27 DirtyLeeds14

True ASOT.
    I just seem to generally like the more quiet / humble blokes in any sport, but maybe I'm just boring.

Agreed.

I have a lot of good to say about him but say one negative thing and the fan club does not like it.

By all means put forward your negative opinions but to say 'he is embarrassing himself' as you did previously is just stupid.

I'm quite certain he doesn't feel in the slightest bit embarrassed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

Love him or hate him, you know who he is. Conor sells PPV and is playing the heel well.

I hope he beats DP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

True ASOT.
    I just seem to generally like the more quiet / humble blokes in any sport, but maybe I'm just boring.

Like anthony johnson, lovely guy, does his talk with his fists, in and out of the cage!

Funny how conor with a few words get more outrage than some more questionable guys in the ufc including multiple drug cheats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

wheres the best site to watch this tommorow without any spoilers:)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭Cyber Ghost

Hope Dustin makes McGregor eat some humble pie tonight tbh.

He's a bloody disgrace the way he's been acting. It's more than likely an act to sell PPV but it's just reinforcing the negative paddywhackery begorrah image most people think of with regards to Ireland. The dude even dresses up like the fighting irish notre dame logo that every scumbag in the country has a tattoo of.
    nd-logo1-291x300.jpg

All those muppets singing ole ole ole at the weigh-ins just confounds the matter.

Advertisement