Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 178 - McGregor-Poirier**Tune in from 3:30 onwards to see McGregor

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

figs666 wrote: »
    anybody see the dustin conor face off earlier today . conor was like HOLD ME BACK HOLD ME BACK and nobody to hold him back . he looked pathetic .
    What? I didn't see anything like that. Did he say hold me back?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

All I heard was something along the lines of "Get your hand out of my face" or similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭josealdo

Duff wrote: »
    All I heard was something along the lines of "Get your hand out of my face" or similar?

he ran around the back of dana and could have easily got at dustin but waited for soneone to hold him back . PATHETIC

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

he ran around the back of dana and could have easily got at dustin but waited for soneone to hold him back . PATHETIC

WTF did you expect him to do? Plant one on Poirier and get banned for life? He's playing a game and getting in his opponents head, Conor's a lot of things, stupid isn't one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jones and DC just got fined and almost suspended for scrapping at a face off. Conor only wants to wind up dustin, dustin is pissed off but neither are stupid enough to put hands on each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Hate that I feel compelled to respond to this but here goes. If you think that McGregor would jeopardise the greatest opportunity of his life by throwing a punch at a media face off, you are seriously mistaken.

Any posturing he may have done was PURELY to get in his opponents head. McGregor is not stupid, as he has already shown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

So it should have went the same way of jones and cormier so?

scudzilla wrote: »
    WTF did you expect him to do? Plant one on Poirier and get banned for life? He's playing a game and getting in his opponents head, Conor's a lot of things, stupid isn't one of them

conor is an.idiot . he runs around the bavk of dana and does NOTHING . if anything he has show dustin that he is full.of crap .

diego brando got inside dustins head and dustin finished him in round one .

he ain't inside anyones head .

John_D80 wrote: »
    Hate that I feel compelled to respond to this but here goes. If you think that McGregor would jeopardise the greatest opportunity of his life by throwing a punch at a media face off, you are seriously mistaken.

Any posturing he may have done was PURELY to get in his opponents head. McGregor is not stupid, as he has already shown.

we will see sunday morning . i would love to see an irishman as feathetweight champion but that crap isn't champion material .

thats the sort of carry on outside supermacs on a saturday night . come on . these guys are suppose to be professionals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

conor is an.idiot . he runs around the bavk of dana and does NOTHING . if anything he has show dustin that he is full.of crap .

Is ok. Conor is good guy. Is normal.

• Advertisement

Is ok. Conor is good guy. Is normal.

I read that in the voice as well, always makes me smile :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Mod: Take a month off from the forum. Next time it's permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭vixdname

OUCH !!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Mod: Take a month off from the forum. Next time it's permanent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭vixdname

Just a little info for anyone who wants to watch the fight live but doesnt have BT sports 1 but has a tv that accepts screen mirroring from your smart phone.

Download the "Mobdro" app, go to the sports channel listings, find BT sports 1 and mirror it on to your TV, good quality and no charge, handy !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Duff wrote: »

I have watched it 3 times now and not once can i hear him say hold me back...just as you said, get your hand outta my face!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Anyone else notice Dana tap Conor's ass hahhaha:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Booked bt sports

Dying for this , hope conor schools peahead , with his angles and picks him apart , conor predicted ko round 1 , might be a bit stupid to say that , stranger things have happened

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Dana White is throwing out tickets for this like they're confetti at the UFC 181 press conference.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭blackbelt1

Some more stuff from the face offs yesterday on the latest embedded just released between conor and dustin

Cowboy is one of the coolest guys in sport the man is out on the lake surfing 3 days before a fight and staying in his rv in a trailer park :D Love his attitude his interview with Helwani is worth a watch for anyone who missed it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Awkward Badger

This is on tomorrow night right ?

This is on tomorrow night right ?

Yep

weigh in's about to start now!

Goldie tweeted this pic of the Irish out in force. Would love to be there!

ByfoCdCCMAESXmT.jpg

Buffers face during the Cat Nunes face off :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Buffers face during the Cat Nunes face off :pac:

The dirty dog

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

146 on the button, my man! Dustin lost it at all the boos when he was coming out and started shouting out to the crowd before he weighed in. 100% letting the crowd get to him.

10678579_934244309925801_2932860737887812954_n.jpg?oh=016f202e214af122569b77ece93dfd96&oe=54C43ECE&__gda__=1422359336_04622ddf31739cbf3cf1b80fa5453e68

Great face off there at the weigh ins dont care what anyone says Poirier is losing it roaring into the crowd and all he is seething,not saying it will effect his performance in any way but he was was seething there.

"THIS IS MY HOUSE" to the Irish fans. Brilliant! The 'Hillbilly' is seriously pissed. Great staredown!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Conor looking emaciated as f*ck at the weigh ins. He must have the weight down to a tee. Huge Featherweight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Dustin stepping out and you'd swear Conor was the local fighter. He didn't take it well at all. I reckon he's playing right in to McGregor's plan and it won't end well for Dustin.

Advertisement