Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 178 - McGregor-Poirier**Tune in from 3:30 onwards to see McGregor

Options
1242526272830»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

blackbelt1 wrote: »
    Wonder what the tax man will take from the 200k

I wonder if he can claim that he's an artist and is therefore exempt from paying tax.
    It is Mixed Martial Arts after all! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

The only figure that really surprised me in all those payouts was Eddie Alvarez's 100K. Not bad for his first fight with the organisation. What kinda money was he on in Bellator??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

John_D80 wrote: »
    The only figure that really surprised me in all those payouts was Eddie Alvarez's 100K. Not bad for his first fight with the organisation. What kinda money was he on in Bellator??

He got $80k + $80k for his last Bellator fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

El Guapo! wrote: »
    He got $80k + $80k for his last Bellator fight.

Thanks. Am I correct in assuming this figure would be at the top end of the Bellator salary scale??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

John_D80 wrote: »
    Thanks. Am I correct in assuming this figure would be at the top end of the Bellator salary scale??

If I remember correctly, their tourney champs used to get 100k.

I'd imagine Alvarez was their top paid fighter because he was kind of like their number one poster boy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

That_Guy wrote: »

Have to say, that's a pretty disgraceful figure for Zingano in my opinion.
    She's still on her initial contract. So that's just her disclosed pay.
    At the post fight, when he announced the FotN bonus, Dana said to Cat (pretty sure it was her anyway), don't worry we'll looked after you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Cruz looked great against Takeya Mizugaki, seemed like he never left. Nice verbal ownage of Faber after the fight too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A year to the day. What a crazy year it has been!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Paully D wrote: »
    A year to the day. What a crazy year it has been!

Also the day I was going to ibiza, remember watching this saying It would make or break the holiday, had us all in a great mood heading to the airport!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

ASOT wrote: »
    Also the day I was going to ibiza, remember watching this saying It would make or break the holiday, had us all in a great mood heading to the airport!

Ah would ya g'way. Probably a day later...

"Some fight though all the same."

"What fight?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Ah would ya g'way. Probably a day later...

"Some fight though all the same."

"What fight?"

Think we watched it on fight pass about 4 times because we couldn't remember it clearly hahaha

Advertisement