Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 178 - McGregor-Poirier**Tune in from 3:30 onwards to see McGregor

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yipeeeee

Am i the only one who's pissed a little cause it ended early lol

Also he chip or lose a tooth ?

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Jesus, Cowboy is tough as nails. Those shots would have finished anyone else. Beast.

Alvarez looking good.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭blackbelt1

he was about to be left like ALI if they let his go any longer are you for real lads? what damage do ya reckon a fresh conor mcgregor would have done to a dazed poirer not able to defend himself

BRAIN DAMAGE is what

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

God your an absolute fag arent you..??

With 10 posts you will be smoking lots of fags before anyone cares what you say. :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

That started out like some of the 90s fights, just two lads lumping the absolute sh*te out of each other! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Glock Lesnar

Billy86 wrote: »
    I see I'm not the only one laughing at half of the Sherdog forum right now so... :p

I am sherdog

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

God your an absolute fag arent you..??

Been following this sport for years and to have legit Irish fighters make serious waves in the world's biggest MMA organisation is pretty incredible given the size of our country.

Call me what you want because I doubt you'll be here much longer anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Cerrone beat the evolving sh*t out of Alvarez in the second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Those knees to stuff the takedown attempts are cruel!

• Advertisement

Cowboy reminds me of the T-1000 from Terminator 2.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

That_Guy wrote: »
    Been following this sport for years and to have legit Irish fighters make serious waves in the world's biggest MMA organisation is pretty incredible given the size of our country.

Call me what you want because I doubt you'll be here much longer anyway.

He lasted about as long on the forum as Dustin did in the fight ;)

Its fantastic to see Irelands fighters doing so well and making big waves, its also doing us plenty of favours in terms of getting the UFC back again when 10% of the tickets for tonight were sold to Irish fans travelling. As Conor says we arent there to take part we are there to takeover!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Sweep Kick the leg, Cowboy.

Alvarez's leg is gone. Can't get out of the way of his punches either. Eating a lot of punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,528 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

ShimmeringColossalCarpenterant.gif

Also;

FeistyBriefHadrosaurus.gif

this is probably my favourite ufc card of all time for about 5 different reasons holy ****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Tippex

alvarez has taken some punishment to the left leg

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MisterCadbury

Cannot wait for post fight presser.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

That was a great fight despite the finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Cannot wait for post fight presser.....
    Where can we watch that?

• Advertisement

Great fight. Well done both men. Cowboy Cerrone, holy sh1t, that man can take shots better than a heavy bag.

a great fight cowboy really is a legend of the ufc that division is stacked to the absolute brim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Can't wait for conors suit!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

That_Guy wrote: »
    Anyone else feeling a little emotional right now or is it just me?

Pardew left?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Cerrone has a jaw of stone. He made mince meat of Alvarez in the second and third. Those kicks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

bigron2109 wrote: »
    Where can we watch that?
    On the UFC you tube channel but it will be another half hour or so depending on the last fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6ea-reBkSE

Duff wrote: »
    Pardew left?!

That would make a great night even better pal. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Dermighty wrote: »
    I'm speculating that he got his BJJ brown belt.

https://twitter.com/John_Kavanagh/status/516072818581438464

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Cerrone is real. I want too impressed with his preparation, seemed to be sieving more time wake boarding than training going by the UFC embedded episodes. Fair play to the guy though, Alvarez had answer to those leg kicks.

• Advertisement

Cerrone is real. I want too impressed with his preparation, seemed to be sieving more time wake boarding than training going by the UFC embedded episodes. Fair play to the guy though, Alvarez had answer to those leg kicks.

He just killed my 6 fight accumulator by going to the ground at the end - needed him to win by KO and it was there for the taking if he just went for the finish. Raging over it considering he looked rocked early on and like he was going to get clipped. Great result for him though and hes making a nice run at the minute.

Advertisement