Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 178 - McGregor-Poirier**Tune in from 3:30 onwards to see McGregor

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭blackbelt1

Poor carioso in the same owl suit sitting next to conor at the press conference in his all white custom made piece :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39,123 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I'm gonna bow out of this thread while the nonsense kicks off.
    Somebody shoot me a PM is intelligent discussion turns up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Attendance tonight for their biggest card of the year in the world's fight capital: 10,000.

Will you come back to Dublin more often Dana? "No the arena is too small, it only holds 10,000".

Yes but in Vegas they can get shedloads of ppv buys, hold it in ireland and there will be few due to timezones so you need to make up for it in attendance

''I dont just knock them out,I pick the round''

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭m.j.w

This press conference is some craic, a cow boy, your one looks as if shes of her head, mcgregors like a pimp and you man Dana just talks ****e. Ufc is entertaining anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

allotmoto wrote: »
    Ah Jesus, reel it in pal.

I'm a bit disappointed I didn't get to see more of McGregor. His standup is outstanding but I would love to see him in there with Edgar or guida. He's no joke when he let's the hands go.

For ****s sake :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Nice little dig at Cole Miller.

allotmoto wrote: »
    Ah Jesus, reel it in pal.

I'm a bit disappointed I didn't get to see more of McGregor. His standup is outstanding but I would love to see him in there with Edgar or guida. He's no joke when he let's the hands go.

sorry just seen the guida bit there LOL

Do you even watch mma ffs clay guida vs conormcgregor I dont even think the bookies would give odds on that,few too many drinks for you tonight mate come back on tomorrow and all will be forgiven

The press conference was crazy there the main event and title holder DJ got asked about 1 question 90% of the other questions were to conor,he now has his own ''scrum'' after it with the media

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

have ya a link to it man? im on the ufc.tv postfight conference will it be attached to the same link do you think?

have ya a link to it man? im on the ufc.tv postfight conference will it be attached to the same link do you think?

No theres no live feed now,all the journo's will have video of the little scrum with conor up tomorrow id say most likely on severe mma or mmafighting.com

great one liners in the press conference ''I get paid trucks loads of cash to whoop people''

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Mellor wrote: »
    I'm gonna bow out of this thread while the nonsense kicks off.
    Somebody shoot me a PM is intelligent discussion turns up

I'd say you'll be waiting a while for people to PM you for intelligent discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

blackbelt1 wrote: »
    performance of the night bonus for conor and cruz,fight of the night kennedy romero

200k for a few minutes work for conor officially.

Conor is on 75 K show up and 75 win ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,981 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

dave1982 wrote: »
    Conor is on 75 K show up and 75 win ?

He got a performance of the night bonus, plus he'll get a PPV percentage.

$200,000 is a low estimate.

I knew he'd do well and I know he got 50 k bonus but surprised to hear he is on % of PPV's already 4 fights, last night being he's 1st time beating a top 10 fighter. Theres fighter in UFC years some big enough names not getting % of PPV's

He is NOT getting a PPV cut. Said so himself in the post fight presser. And he also did not deny that he is on 75k/75k when asked about his pay for the night.

Also to the best of my knowledge, PPV payouts are done on an event by event basis. As far as I know there is not a single fighter in the UFC that has it in their contract.

John_D80 wrote: »
    He is NOT getting a PPV cut. Said so himself in the post fight presser. And he also did not deny that he is on 75k/75k when asked about his pay for the night.

Also to the best of my knowledge, PPV payouts are done on an event by event basis. As far as I know there is not a single fighter in the UFC that has it in their contract.

thanks was wondering htf is on PPV % already, after last night its in his future alright.

dave1982 wrote: »
    thanks was wondering htf is on PPV % already, after last night its in his future alright.

Undoubtedly. And in fairness MM owes him a few pints for boosting the PPV sales last night as well.

Poll on ufc.co.uk had 51% of people who responded saying that Conor's was the fight they most wanted to see on the whole card.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,846 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

cruz
    zingano
    romero
    mc gregor
    cerrone

5 fights back to back, outstanding performances/fights
    In all the years watching mma I can't remember five consecutive fights
    delivering like those
    If you're not a fan after watching all of those last night you will never be

can't wait to see cruz again along with conor of course, equally blown away
    by both of those performances even if they were expected by most (the conor ko anyway)
    who's to say in under a year that with one more fight under their belts that both cruz and mc gregor could be fighting for gold in their respective divisions

If any thing happens Mendes and he's out the Aldo.Conor will get the call

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Was too drunk last night to stay up so just watched it now. Amazing. Would love to see him against Bermudez next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

is there any interviews with Poirier from last night?

Id be interested to hear his opinion on the fight.

I see some of the yanks are having a whinge about back of the head shots. Shower of babies the lot of them. Its not a tiddly winks contest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Ah he's just a touch of class. He's so relaxed in the octagon it's a joy to watch his movement.Haters gonna hate

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

What a card. Manny is a beast, the mans got nads of steel (literally). One of the worst low blows I've seen. I was delighted for Cruz even though he fupped up my bet, he's close to a title shot at this stage. I'll need to rewatch the McGregor fight again, was Poirier really complaining about the finish? He was getting pounded without protecting himself, what does he expect. Missed the last 2 fights, Woolshed stopped showing it after the McGregor fight :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

The Cerrone and Alvaraz fight was good. A lot of respect for Alvaraz

• Registered Users Posts: 39,123 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I was delighted for Cruz even though he fupped up my bet, he's close to a title shot at this stage.
    He got the shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Mellor wrote: »
    He got the shot.

Yep. Just watching the post fight presser now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Just watching the post-fight presser there, is Conor missing a tooth at the bottom or was it always that way?

Duff wrote: »
    Just watching the post-fight presser there, is Conor missing a tooth at the bottom or was it always that way?

I read on sherdog forums last night that he got one broken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 allotmoto

blackbelt1 wrote: »
    sorry just seen the guida bit there LOL

Do you even watch mma ffs clay guida vs conormcgregor I dont even think the bookies would give odds on that,few too many drinks for you tonight mate come back on tomorrow and all will be forgiven

My bad, I didn't realise the level of discussion you were looking for.

Why don't the UFC just strip Aldo of the belt and give it to McGregor? He'll whoop everybody in the division easily, putting him in the cage with different styles of fighters will be absolutely pointless. Óleeeee, óle óle óleeeeee, óleeeee óleeeeee

Advertisement