Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 178 - McGregor-Poirier**Tune in from 3:30 onwards to see McGregor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Maybe I'm out of touch with the rap scene but this entrance sounds preposterous, like aggressive religious gangster rap.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 134 ✭✭blackbelt1

how confident is that? I was worried about them looking past poirier by having after partys booked in vegas and trips to brazil,now even a brownbelt ready for him winning thats some serious confidence great to see owen roddy in his corner not that we was needed inbetween rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Cerrone is real. I want too impressed with his preparation, seemed to be sieving more time wake boarding than training going by the UFC embedded episodes. Fair play to the guy though, Alvarez had answer to those leg kicks.

Yeah but i thought fighters do little mma training in their last week before fighting?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,539 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Sherdog proclaiming that Aldo would take Conor down with leg kicks..guy pops up with this beaut;
    Hard to leg kick someone when you're unconscious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Cerrone is real. I want too impressed with his preparation, seemed to be sieving more time wake boarding than training going by the UFC embedded episodes. Fair play to the guy though, Alvarez had answer to those leg kicks.

Seriously??? You saw a short clip of him enjoying his downtime a few days before his fight, when he should not be training hard anyway, and you question his preparation??? UFC embedded covers at best the last two weeks of a fighters camp and even at that you probably got to see a cumulative total of 5 mins of Cerrone.

Crazy.

Cariaso totally out of his depth here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

John_D80 wrote: »
    Seriously??? You saw a short clip of him enjoying his downtime a few days before his fight, when he should not be training hard anyway, and you question his preparation??? UFC embedded covers at best the last two weeks of a fighters camp and even at that you probably got to see a cumulative total of 5 mins of Cerrone.

Crazy.

It was more his attitude than what was shown in the vids. Fair enough if you disagree but I'll call what I see.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Beautiful kimura.

Real pity that Jones/Cormier didn't go ahead. Cariaso was way out of his depth there.

• Advertisement

It was more his attitude than what was shown in the vids. Fair enough if you disagree but I'll call what I see.

What you saw in 5 mins of video. 5 mins out of what was probably a 10-12 week camp. But sure that's enough to make a judgement on his prep I guess.

A joke of a title fight to be fair

DJ first thing he said was a shout out to the Irish fans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

That_Guy wrote: »
    Real pity that Jones/Cormier didn't go ahead. Cariaso was way out of his depth there.

Well its not his fault but giving a number 8 fighter a shot in one of the most dominated divisions was a huge mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

What you saw in 5 mins of video. 5 mins out of what was probably a 10-12 week camp. But sure that's enough to make a judgement on his prep I guess.

Yes.

adamski8 wrote: »
    Well its not his fault but giving a number 8 fighter a shot in one of the most dominated divisions was a huge mistake

In fairness, he was never going to turn his nose up at it but overall a very enjoyable card.

Yes.

Seriously??? You genuinely believe that a brief segment on UFC embedded is enough to form a considered opinion on a fighters training??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

There's always a little tiny bit of doubt you feel when the fight is about to start. What if this happens? What if that happens?

Then he just comes out and lives up to it all and you're just like 'OK then'

Out of all the [great] posts I've seen since the victory, this might be the most apt. I was lucky enough to happen to watch the fight with a few of his SBG teammates, and I was shaking with nerves before the fight, along with the rest of the lads. Then he came out and just looked like he was having a stroll in the park.

Conor is something special. He may never win the title (I wouldn't bet against it to be honest, apart from his obvious elite talent the guy has a winner's mentality - the most impressive thing about him in my opinion), but what he has done for MMA in this country is asbolutely incredible. He deserves all the praise he gets and more. Extra bonus to see the usual begrudgers getting upset.

If he never won another fight he would go down as an irish legend in my book,2 weight world champion before going to the ufc 3 first round knock outs and a dominant win with a blown acl you couldnt script it to be honest its great to see a man of the people make it big in vegas

and hopefully the other sbg lads gain confidence from his performance and do the business next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 allotmoto

blackbelt1 wrote: »
    2 weight world champion before going to the ufc

Ah Jesus, reel it in pal.

I'm a bit disappointed I didn't get to see more of McGregor. His standup is outstanding but I would love to see him in there with Edgar or guida. He's no joke when he let's the hands go.

allotmoto wrote: »
    Ah Jesus, reel it in pal.

I'm a bit disappointed I didn't get to see more of McGregor. His standup is outstanding but I would love to see him in there with Edgar or guida. He's no joke when he let's the hands go.

Reel it in? why dont you head over to cage warriors and win the belts at two weights sure its easily done loads have done it handy bit of work for ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 allotmoto

blackbelt1 wrote: »
    Reel it in? why dont you head over to cage warriors and win the belts at two weights sure its easily done loads have done it handy bit of work for ya

They are good achievements but not world titles by any stretch of the imagination.

Anyone know what the delay is with the post fight presser?? Stream usually starts a few minutes after the broadcast ends.

allotmoto wrote: »
    They are good achievements but not world titles by any stretch of the imagination.

For an Dublin fighter to win a single belt in that organisation was a huge achievement but to win 2 belts in that fashion is not to be over looked,since winning them hes 4-0 with 3 knocks outs in the ufc,not bad for a cage warriors fighter aye

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭celticsfan

Anyone know what the delay is with the post fight presser?? Stream usually starts a few minutes after the broadcast ends.

They are all going through interviews on the post fight show on Fox sports 1.. Conor is up next, came into studio in a white suit and with a ufc belt lol

first comment out of conor,I bumped into aldo coming out the octagon and he apologised and handed me his belt im the new champion hahahahahha

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Tim wasnt happy understandably after the fight and confronted Romero. He also checked up the Nevada rulebook!

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/9/28/6856073/tim-kennedy-confronts-yoel-romero-backstage-after-ufc-178

https://twitter.com/TimKennedyMMA/status/516085805853732864

Press Conference live now.

performance of the night bonus for conor and cruz,fight of the night kennedy romero

200k for a few minutes work for conor officially.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Attendance tonight for their biggest card of the year in the world's fight capital: 10,000.

Will you come back to Dublin more often Dana? "No the arena is too small, it only holds 10,000".

Advertisement