Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israel - Palestine Conflict. **Mod note in OP - updated 1st August**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

He can't make the distinction. It's been told to him over and over. He thinks we should either agree with Israel or if not we defacto agree with Hamas.

Who is "he"?

jank wrote: »
    Rockets found for a 3rd time at a school.

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=48365#.U9inv_mSx8F

Sure it was probably the IDF that planted those rockets as an excuse to kill children. :rolleyes:

It seems Hamas is quite happy with the way things are going as its leadership cowers and hides while its people suffers.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28554477

That report tells us that the school was closed and was also not being used as a shelter.

It also lets us know that the UN check these buildings so it's safe to assume that prior to the UN using a building as an official shelter, they sweep it for dangers.

So, why are the IDF not bombing the empty school with weapons but bombing the open school that has been checked?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭mathie

Who would be seen as Palestines allies?
    Is anyone going to step in or will this be the end for the Gaza Strip and Hamas?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

mad muffin wrote: »
    Why quote "Jewish news"? Or is Israel indeed on a religious war?

What the others wont tell you is that Israel had settlements in Gaza but disbanded them all in 2005 and handed the running of Gaza entirely over to the Palestinians.
    They handed a piece of another country they were attempting to steal back? How generous! Awaiting similar developments in the West Bank.
    Not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Why quote "Jewish news"? Or is Israel indeed on a religious war?

You have a problem with that? Do you think "Muslim news" is going to report it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

An Open Letter for the people of Gaza:

"We are doctors and scientists, who spend our lives developing means to care and protect health and lives. We are also informed people; we teach the ethics of our professions, together with the knowledge and practice of it. We all have worked in and known the situation of Gaza for years.

On the basis of our ethics and practice, we are denouncing what we witness in the aggression of Gaza by Israel.

We ask our colleagues, old and young professionals, to denounce this Israeli aggression. We challenge the perversity of a propaganda that justifies the creation of an emergency to masquerade a massacre, a so-called "defensive aggression". In reality it is a ruthless assault of unlimited duration, extent, and intensity. We wish to report the facts as we see them and their implications on the lives of the people.

We are appalled by the military onslaught on civilians in Gaza under the guise of punishing terrorists. This is the third large scale military assault on Gaza since 2008. Each time the death toll is borne mainly by innocent people in Gaza, especially women and children under the unacceptable pretext of Israel eradicating political parties and resistance to the occupation and siege they impose.

This action also terrifies those who are not directly hit, and wounds the soul, mind, and resilience of the young generation. Our condemnation and disgust are further compounded by the denial and prohibition for Gaza to receive external help and supplies to alleviate the dire circumstances.

The blockade on Gaza has tightened further since last year and this has worsened the toll on Gaza's population. In Gaza, people suffer from hunger, thirst, pollution, shortage of medicines, electricity, and any means to get an income, not only by being bombed and shelled. Power crisis, gasoline shortage, water and food scarcity, sewage outflow and ever decreasing resources are disasters caused directly and indirectly by the siege..."
    http://www.thelancet.com/gaza-letter-2014

It's a pity they weren't so eloquent when they were voting for Hamas to represent them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

That report tells us that the school was closed and was also not being used as a shelter.

You will see a lot of supporters of Israel ignore parts of there own links, when it suits. The fact that the UNRWA actually make sure there are no weapons in there shelters, hence the reports of them being found and being removed, but somehow facts from there own links are ignored, so as to justify the murder of civilians. Its a truly amazing feat imho.

It's a pity they weren't so eloquent when they were voting for Hamas to represent them.

So your justifying the murder of civilians again? Interesting, you do realize that the same reasoning could be applied to Israel, what with every single Israeli government since 1967 expanding settlements........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

mathie wrote: »
    Is anyone going to step in or will this be the end for the Gaza Strip and Hamas?

The closest would be Iran, who supply weapons & the likes.

Aside from that.... I don't think they have any real allies..... Some aid from Arab states, but not much else.

Aaaand we're straight back to whataboutery.
    If there is a site calling itself "Muslim news" I won't be quoting it as it's equally likely to be biased propaganda nonsense.
    Got it?

wes wrote: »
    So your justifying the murder of civilians again? Interesting, you do realize that the same reasoning could be applied to Israel, what with every single Israeli government since 1967 expanding settlements........

That's not my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

Unnamed Palestinian security sources in Gaza told Palestine Press News Agency that Hamas has managed to apprehend dozens of suspected spies in the northern neighborhood of Shejaiya — which saw heavy fighting with the IDF last week — and summarily executed them following a short investigation. The sources said that many of the suspects were caught with weapons, telephones, and SIM cards from the Israeli cell provider Orange.

Read more: Hamas said to kill over 30 suspected collaborators with Israel | The Times of Israel http://www.timesofisrael.com/hamas-s...#ixzz38qKabA96
    Follow us: @timesofisrael on Twitter | timesofisrael on Facebook

Foreign doctors who are opposed to Israel's aggression should have voted differently in the last Gaza elections?
    Wow. That makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Muffin can you tell me what % of the vote Hamas got?

That's not my opinion.

Interesting, then why bring it up then? Palestinians voted for Hamas, so what? Why bring it up then? It very curious you would bring it up at all, if that isn't what you meant.....

Palestine shouldn't need specific "allies" really if the UN was in any way a functioning body. As we can see it's really just a rubber stamper of US foreign policy, as clearly evidenced by the continuing denial of full UN membership to Palestine.

Aaaand we're straight back to whataboutery.
    If there is a site calling itself "Muslim news" I won't be quoting it as it's equally likely to be biased propaganda nonsense.
    Got it?

Sooo basically, don't quote anything remotely pro Israel?

Maybe we should rename the thread title?

Something like Israel's land grabbing murder machine and genocide of Palestinians?

Since this is clearly what the conclusion is here.

Maybe I should only post in here if I have only pro Palestinian anti Israeli opinions?

After all if I am pro Israeli I'm pro murder and genocide and colonial rule?

Can't possibly be that the Palestinians chose a terrorist organisation with documented intent to wipe out Israel to support them?

Oh but I forgot. That's perfectly ok because after the 6 day war won over land that was part of Jordan and Egypt. The Palestinians have a right now to attack Israel.

Again, no one has explained why Jordan and Egypt won't help the Palestinians? They did originally govern Gaza and the West Bank.

Why would Jordan and Egypt have a peace treaty with Israel the murdering genocidal land grabbers?

hju6 wrote: »
    Unnamed Palestinian security sources in Gaza told Palestine Press News Agency that Hamas has managed to apprehend dozens of suspected spies in the northern neighborhood of Shejaiya — which saw heavy fighting with the IDF last week — and summarily executed them following a short investigation. The sources said that many of the suspects were caught with weapons, telephones, and SIM cards from the Israeli cell provider Orange.

Read more: Hamas said to kill over 30 suspected collaborators with Israel | The Times of Israel http://www.timesofisrael.com/hamas-s...#ixzz38qKabA96
    Follow us: @timesofisrael on Twitter | timesofisrael on Facebook

There you have it folks.

Hamas the bastions of freedom and human rights

Bravo, bravo.

• Advertisement

Foreign doctors who are opposed to Israel's aggression should have voted differently in the last Gaza elections?
    Wow. That makes sense.

Hold on there now. I thought Israel wasn't letting anyone in or out?

I thought Gaza was an open air prison?

Sooo basically, don't quote anything remotely pro Israel?
    Do try again.
    "Don't quote anything laughably biased from a vested interest group naming itself after a bronze age myth" would be a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Going to take a leaf out of Sean Hannitys book here but are they not a Terrorist Organisation? Yes/No?

Surely the side killing the most innocent men women and babys are the terrorists.

Hold on there now. I thought Israel wasn't letting anyone in or out?

I thought Gaza was an open air prison?
    They oh so graciously let UN humanitarian aid in. You know, the guys who run the schools the IDF annihilate?
    Are you still contesting that the foreign doctors who wrote that open letter in The Lancet were eligible to vote in the last Gaza elections? That's exactly what you said you know.
    You could just admit you were wrong? Again?

user2011 wrote: »
    Muffin can you tell me what % of the vote Hamas got?

I'm talking about an open letter to denounce Palestinians voting Hamas in a terrorist organisation. Not foreign doctors voting for Hamas.

RustyNut wrote: »
    Surely the side killing the most innocent men women and babys are the terrorists.
    The word "terrorist" these days really just means "I don't like them." Thank the Bush clan.

They oh so graciously let UN humanitarian aid in. You know, the guys who run the schools the IDF annihilate?
    Are you still contesting that the foreign doctors who wrote that open letter in The Lancet were eligible to vote in the last Gaza elections? That's exactly what you said you know.
    You could just admit you were wrong? Again?
    I'm talking about an open letter to denounce Palestinians voting Hamas in a terrorist organisation. Not foreign doctors voting for Hamas.

This.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

A week or so ago nobody really.

However recently with the targets that have been hit and the support they are getting from the general population there is more and more countries becoming supportive and also there seems to be an admiration for their fight.

Right now you would have Qatar, Iran, Lebanon, probably some groups and support from other neigbouring countries too and then there is the North Korea link

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/WO1407/S00314/iran-and-hizbullah-announce-military-support-for-gaza.htm

http://www.businessinsider.com/gaza-conflict-qatar-us-relations-2014-7

http://electronicintifada.net/content/hamas-flag-goes-lebanon-camps/7130

and this is after Hamas turned its back on Iran
    While Islamic Jihad remains an Iranian protégé, Hamas decided two and a half years ago to break with Iran and return to its natural Arab and Sunni home. This decision was sparked by the Iranian-backed Syrian government’s slaughter of its largely Sunni citizens, which generated pressure to sever ties from both fellow Palestinians and Arab states

which backfired after the events in Egypt but like i said the fight they have shown over the last week or so has raised their profile again

You have seen recent protests in the West Bank too that could mean the fight expands to that region too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Israel's committing plain out genocide... and the US condones it. Should other Islamic states take an offensive stance against Israel, the US would label them terrorists and naturally defend Israel...

I'm ever growing more spiteful towards the US and Israeli governments... if that were already possible.

Absolutely disgusting, and beyond hypocritical!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

There you have it folks.

Hamas the bastions of freedom and human rights

Bravo, bravo.

Are the little children and babies being slaughtered by Israel members of Hamas?

Did the little children and babies being slaughtered by Israel vote for Hamas?

Advertisement