Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israel - Palestine Conflict. **Mod note in OP - updated 1st August**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

mad muffin wrote: »
    There you have it folks.

Hamas the bastions of freedom and human rights

Bravo, bravo.
    There you have it folks.

Hamas the bastions of freedom and human rights

Bravo, bravo.

Human rights violations in occupied Palestinian territory cannot be distorted - UN expert:

6 June 2013 – A United Nations independent expert today drew attention to the human rights violations in the occupied Palestinian territory and stressed that attempts to distort the facts cannot mask the reality that Israel’s actions are endangering Palestinians’ lives every day.

“Neither Israel nor its proxies can justify the facts on the ground in occupied Palestine,” Special Rapporteur on the situation of human rights in the occupied Palestinian territories, Richard Falk, said, “so they distract, distort and defame to allow the violations to go on.”

In a news release, Mr. Falk underlined that “irresponsible and dishonest smear campaigns to discredit those who document these realities do not change the facts on the ground 46 after Israel launched the war that began its occupation of Palestine.”

According to Mr. Falk, Israel is actively confiscating Palestinian water and land, having seized an additional 60,000 square meters of land near Nablus just this week.

“Israel continues to annex Palestinian territory; Israel persists in demolishing Palestinians’ homes and populating Palestine with Israeli citizens; Israel maintains a policy of collectively punishing 1.75 million Palestinians through its imposition of a blockade on the Gaza Strip; and Israel prosecutes its occupation with impunity, refusing to accept the world’s calls to respect international law,” he said.
    http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=45108#.U9i-jYm9Kc0

people in glass houses and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

hju6 wrote: »
    Are the little children and babies being slaughtered by Israel members of Hamas?

Did the little children and babies being slaughtered by Israel vote for Hamas?

Their parents did.

Did their parents not think of the consequences of voting I a terrorist organisation with continued hostilities towards Israel?

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

Sooo basically, don't quote anything remotely pro Israel?

Maybe we should rename the thread title?

Something like Israel's land grabbing murder machine and genocide of Palestinians?

Since this is clearly what the conclusion is here.

Maybe I should only post in here if I have only pro Palestinian anti Israeli opinions?

After all if I am pro Israeli I'm pro murder and genocide and colonial rule?

Can't possibly be that the Palestinians chose a terrorist organisation with documented intent to wipe out Israel to support them?

Oh but I forgot. That's perfectly ok because after the 6 day war won over land that was part of Jordan and Egypt. The Palestinians have a right now to attack Israel.

Again, no one has explained why Jordan and Egypt won't help the Palestinians? They did originally govern Gaza and the West Bank.

Why would Jordan and Egypt have a peace treaty with Israel the murdering genocidal land grabbers?

I dont see how anyone can be pro Israel unless they are either brain washed or totally ignorant to the history of Israel and what they are currently doing but if you are pro Israel you are pro murder and genocide and colonial rule, yes.

I think the Palestinians do have a right to attack Israel as Israel is denying them basic human rights of living in freedom, what they are doing is not very effective but i can see how they don't see any other option. What would you suggest? Simply let Israel destroy they houses and force them to live in an occupied country killing them as they see fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭theenergy

enough is enough.

I see both sides of this conflict really spiritually sick.

Whats more the yanks are behind the scenes on this.

Stop the fcukn bombing on both sides it is horrible.

a solution will be found sooner or later ....

we can avoid further casualties

who would have ever thought we could have peace up north

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

I'm talking about an open letter to denounce Palestinians voting Hamas in a terrorist organisation. Not foreign doctors voting for Hamas.

Interesting you keep building this up. Why?

Also, every single Israeli government has expanded there settlements since 1967. Do you expect an open letter in this regard? How about a complete settlement freeze?

You keep talking about Hamas being elected, why?

• Advertisement

wes wrote: »
    Interesting you keep building this up. Why?

Also, every single Israeli government has expanded there settlements since 1967. Do you expect an open letter in this regard? How about a complete settlement freeze?

You keep talking about Hamas being elected, why?

Are they not a terrorist organisation, with intent to wiping out Israel, elected to represent the people of Gaza?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

Their parents did.

Did their parents not think of the consequences of voting I a terrorist organisation with continued hostilities towards Israel?

Is your point that its ok to target these kids because of who their parents voted for.

Another school hit today.

Their parents did.

So justifying the murder of civilians? Is that what your saying? You claim your not saying this, but then you say something like the above, which seem to suggest that is what your getting at......

Again, the same question could be turned around and asked of Israeli's seeing as every single Israeli government has expanding settlements since 1967......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

Their parents did.

So little children and babies should be punished for the 'crimes' of the parents?

Are they not a terrorist organisation, with intent to wiping out Israel, elected to represent the people of Gaza?

Who is causing most terror in this campaign?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Sooo basically, don't quote anything remotely pro Israel?

Maybe we should rename the thread title?

Something like Israel's land grabbing murder machine and genocide of Palestinians?

Since this is clearly what the conclusion is here.

Maybe I should only post in here if I have only pro Palestinian anti Israeli opinions?

After all if I am pro Israeli I'm pro murder and genocide and colonial rule?

Can't possibly be that the Palestinians chose a terrorist organisation with documented intent to wipe out Israel to support them?

Oh but I forgot. That's perfectly ok because after the 6 day war won over land that was part of Jordan and Egypt. The Palestinians have a right now to attack Israel.

Again, no one has explained why Jordan and Egypt won't help the Palestinians? They did originally govern Gaza and the West Bank.

Why would Jordan and Egypt have a peace treaty with Israel the murdering genocidal land grabbers?

If you can show me one of those dead Palestinian kids that voted for Hamas all those years ago, I'll switch to your side.

Terrorists are non-state actors. You point out Hamas was elected, and I would also like to further point out they are a part of a unity government as well. So they are not terrorists.

When they were elected, they removed call for the destruction of Israel from the election manifesto:

Hamas drops call for destruction of Israel from manifesto

That above fact has been mentioned by me several times in these recent threads, and I think even in reply to you as well. Why do you ignore this fact? Are you trying to justify the murder of civilians?

Also, again the same rational can be applied in regards to Israel, seeing as every single government expanded settlements (settler colonialism is a genocidal in nature, just look at what happened to the Native Americans), and we see elected Israeli politicians calling for genocide openly during the current Gaza assault.

Look we can go around and around like this all day.

Suffice it to say, I cannot stand for a people that vote Hamas to represent them.

Just like a lot of Irish sneer at the mention of Gerry Adams and Sinn Fein.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

As lunchtime approaches, remember to check for country of origin on all fruit and vegetables.

Boycott as many Israeli good and products as possible. Buy Irish if possible.

Boycott Israel

Every euro not sent Israel's way, is a euro less that they can spend on weapons that kill innocent children and fund an illegal occupation.

Suffice it to say, I cannot stand for a people that vote Hamas to represent them.

So little children and babies should be punished for the 'crimes' of the parents?

Well, it certainly looks like you are trying to justify the murder of civilians.......

Ok, but seeing as this is in the context of civilians being murdered by the IDF, including children, its certainly an odd thing to say, that seems to be trying to justify murder because people voted for a certain party.......

Lets not drag things off topic......

Its quite a step from sneering at people for the way they vote to killing their children because you dont like their choices.

No one is justifying Hamas, this is a humanitarian issue, the people of Gaza are being subjected to absolute horror by a so called civilised country,

Their parents did.

So by your logic every man woman and child in Israel is a war criminal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Do terrorists have police forces specifically set up to prevent rocket fire into Israel?

The same police force that was commended by Israel for the work it was doing..

That is some terror going on there. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

rowanh wrote: »
    I think the Palestinians do have a right to attack Israel as Israel is denying them basic human rights of living in freedom, what they are doing is not very effective but i can see how they don't see any other option. What would you suggest? Simply let Israel destroy they houses and force them to live in an occupied country killing them as they see fit?
    You just have to look at the West Bank, a now wholly annexed province of Israel, to see what happens when you don't resist Israeli "peace".

Which part of your description differentiates between Hamas/Gaza and successive Isreali governments/Israel?

At some point the Palestinians will have to take responsibility for their own actions.

They had a chance for their own country. They blew that chance by not wanting to share it with Israel.

After all if they were so innocent. Jordan wouldn't have expelled them. Egypt wouldn't have closed their borders to them. Their allies wouldn't be other terrorist organisations and countries like, Iran, North Korea, and Qatar.

We're not going around in circles here though. You're getting hammered on every point so you ignore or switch topic.

At some point the Palestinians will have to take responsibility for their own actions.

And the Zionists don't apparently? See how I say Zionists and not Israeli's of Jews, as opposed to attacking a whole ethnic group, I focus on a political group.
    They had a chance for their own country. They blew that chance by not wanting to share it with Israel.

You mean recently arrived European colonists, who intended before they arrived to remove the Palestinians...... Yeah, no wonder they didn't want colonists. Interesting that you give aggressive Zionist colonialism a free pass, as if they had some sort of divine right to the land. Palestinians being against a bunch of Europeans being given a country on there land, was a perfectly reasonable response.
    After all if they were so innocent. Jordan wouldn't have expelled them. Egypt wouldn't have closed their borders to them. Their allies wouldn't be other terrorist organisations and countries like, Iran, North Korea, and Qatar.

So they had it coming then? So you are justifying the murder of civilians, and now seem to have descended into straight forward racism.

You mean like the West Bank? Tell us how well their territorial integrity is going again under the pax Iraelium?

Can you just define your idea of a terrorist please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Woodville56

It's quite amazing that our government are so silent on what's happening in Gaza. A few weeks ago every gobs***e TD and minister was offering advice and interventions in the Garth Brooks concert fiasco and now they have no views or opinion on the mayhem and murder in Gaza ??
    Answers/reasons : (a) they don't give a sh*t. (b) they're all on holidays -probably in whatever the "Galway tent" looks like these days. (c) they've been told by America / Brussels not to say anything that would offend Israel, just like we abstained in the recent UN vote, because we are not allowed have a view or position of our own on this issue. (d) all of the above!
    Any chance of Charlie Flanagan hauling in the Israeli ambassador for a "talking to" - not bloody likely!!! Shameful "dog in the manger" stance of our Government on this conflict - not in our name surely ??

If you guys are so concerned. I suggest you hire a boat or a plane and head over to Gaza, instead of banging away at your keyboards.

My pints are not one or lost in a one sided argument.

Israel us wrong and the Palestinians are right?

The Middle East is not as black and white as that.

• Advertisement

Pardon me, but you are telling us countries have to share their land with Israel or they face open warfare? Making what Israel is doing different from any other land grab how exactly?

Advertisement