Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Watchlist 2014-2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mannone was extremely flappy yesterday and looked very nervous too.

He got away with a big one when the linesman flagged for a free kick as he got caught in a crowd of bodies, but it wasn't a free kick and it should have been ruled a West Brom goal.

With Pantimilon on the bench I'm sure Poyet won't be long about pulling the trigger on a switch if Mannone keeps that up. I'd imagine he'll get another couple of weeks anyway and it could just have been GW1 rust, but something to keep an eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Anything positive on Fletcher? Choose him as 5. 5 but didn't do much by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

He had a goal (rightly) disallowed but unsure if he had many chances other than that. Bojan seemed pretty lively but Stoke in general didn't continue their pre-season form

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Will be keeping an eye on Pienaar. If he discovered his old form, he'd be a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Ward-Prowse on my watchlist now, great set piece delivery in that 1st half, really whips it in!

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Anything positive on Fletcher? Choose him as 5. 5 but didn't do much by all accounts.

As Rory says, he had a goal rightly ruled out for offside.

Aside from that he did/could do very little as the Sunderland defence just launched balls clear for much of the game. When they started to pass the ball around and push forward he has decent, some nice touches and general play, but as we know that's not much good to us in FPL.

Sunderland played with a weakened team and a few players out of position. I'd give him a few weeks if you're playing a 3-4-3, he should get better as Sunderland get players back fit and bring others in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Think i will switch Adam Johnson down to Ward Prowse and free up 1.5 million. I took him out of my team i was unsure if he would start. He took all the set pieces and playing off the striker he could be a steal at 5.0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Tadic supposed to have been quite impressive today. A lot of options around that price range but still worth keeping an eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

qwabercd wrote: »
    Tadic supposed to have been quite impressive today. A lot of options around that price range but still worth keeping an eye on.

Yeah was watching the match today and commented to one of the lads that he looked sharp! I'll be keeping an eye on him myself.

Cabella for newcastle also looked good and seems well suited to the league but Riviere was a bit all over the place and couldn't seem to find the net

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Yeah was watching the match today and commented to one of the lads that he looked sharp! I'll be keeping an eye on him myself.

Cabella for newcastle also looked good and seems well suited to the league but Riviere was a bit all over the place and couldn't seem to find the net

Yeah cabella got good reviews too. Mad how many decent options in the 7-9m range. Off the top of my head:
    ramsey
    walcott (when fit)
    cabella
    de jong
    Tadic
    fabregas
    Eriksen
    lamela
    Gerrard
    coutinho
    sterling
    mirallas (when fit)
    silva
    nasri
    mata

Prob missed a few too. No real must have crazy expensive midfielders like gerrard,lampard, bale or ronaldo of yesteryear ( I wouldn't have yaya at their levels yet despite his return last year). Makes it more interesting imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Will be keeping an eye on Pienaar. If he discovered his old form, he'd be a bargain.

I think if Pienaar is back playing and on form I think it'll boost Baines more than anyone else. Those 2 seem to have a good understanding. Should be good for Lukaku and Naismith potentially too. At 6 you'd never really want to be relying on him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Cabella impressed me most today. Not sure he'll score as well as, say, a Sterling, but may be worth a punt. If it turns out he's on peno duty that would increase his appeal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

Ward Prowse and Tadic were excellent today as previous posters have said already. Can see southampton having another solid season despite their losses in players. Ward Prowse was playing their most advanced midfield role so could potentially be a bargain at 5. Just checked their fixture list and they have some very winnable games coming up. Forster in goal might be worth a punt too at 5

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

roryc wrote: »

There are some great options this year, especially in the £6m striker field. I would throw Arfield's name into the ring, another poster mentioned him the other day. A steal at £5m.

He just scored, one to watch. Think it was Busts that originally mentioned him.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

manual_man wrote: »
    Cabella impressed me most today. Not sure he'll score as well as, say, a Sterling, but may be worth a punt. If it turns out he's on peno duty that would increase his appeal

De jong takes penos for toons now

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Gatame wrote: »
    De jong takes penos for toons now

did he tell u himself

How likely is Naismith to keep a starting position? .5mil cheaper than Fletcher in a team more likely to score goals! could do with any penny i can get as my defence needs a bit of work and that .5mil is just what i need to get someone in for Chambers next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

How likely is Naismith to keep a starting position? .5mil cheaper than Fletcher in a team more likely to score goals! could do with any penny i can get as my defence needs a bit of work and that .5mil is just what i need to get someone in for Chambers next week

Might start v Arsenal as Mirallas is still getting back to full fitness. Once Everton have a fully fit team he wont start at all.

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Might start v Arsenal as Mirallas is still getting back to full fitness. Once Everton have a fully fit team he wont start at all.

That clears that up so! Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

My watchlist (bar the really obvious)

Cabella
    Tadic
    Kaboul
    Kane
    Wilson
    Bony (due to 6 of next 7 fixtures)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Mickey Turner has just signed a new contract at Norwich so it looks like there'll be no return, this season anyway :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

rojo on anyone's watch list?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Not until United become much more solid defensively, they have a lot to work on if the Swansea game is anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

jebforever wrote: »
    Not until United become much more solid defensively, they have a lot to work on if the Swansea game is anything to go by.

And seemingly he's a bit of a yellow card magnet anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭Arnold Tanzarian

And seemingly he's a bit of a yellow card magnet anyway.

17 yellows and 4 reds in his last 2 seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Liverpool's Moreno for 5.5? An attacking fullback, should be guaranteed his place once he starts (Johnson currently being played out-of-position there).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Liverpool's Moreno for 5.5? An attacking fullback, should be guaranteed his place once he starts (Johnson currently being played out-of-position there).

I'd probably stick with Lovren at the same price, has Enrique completely fallen out of favour? Also I thought Flanagan was being groomed to be a Liverpool legend, does this leave him out in the cold also?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'd probably stick with Lovren at the same price, has Enrique completely fallen out of favour? Also I thought Flanagan was being groomed to be a Liverpool legend, does this leave him out in the cold also?

Flanagan's injured, and not sure what the story with Enrique is.

I think the only spot up for grabs now is RB, between Johnson, Flanagan and Manquilo. Otherwise, I'd expect Skrtel, Lovren and Moreno to start games for the foreseeable future.

I think the only spot up for grabs now is RB, between Johnson, Flanagan and Manquilo. Otherwise, I'd expect Skrtel, Lovren and Moreno to start games for the foreseeable future.

I'd agree, but it's crazy considering they spent £18m on Sakho and don't see him as first choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Dr. Bre wrote: »

Only if he comes in at 5.0 which is highly unlikely. If he is at 5.5 or 6.0 then evans is a much safer option.

Advertisement