Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Watchlist 2014-2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Seems to me Shawcross is the only nailed on starter in Stoke defense. Not sure if this is a good thing in terms of defensive prospects, seems likely could be a new look back 4 and may time time to gel. Hughes is less defensive a minded at Stoke than Pulis was from what I've seen. Had Cameron originally but took him out with the doubts. Not willing to spend £5M+ on a Stoke defender!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

8d56720c3ad11658d4ae2c2af4469024.png

Notice anything weird? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Danger781 wrote: »
    8d56720c3ad11658d4ae2c2af4469024.png

Notice anything weird? :pac:

I've been looking for a minute now and I can't see it????

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Keep looking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

It eludes me also...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

He's still in a Chelsea jersey??

Yep, pretty standard though. You'll see this with a few players. Sure Bojangles isn't even wearing a football shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

Spotted that alright, but thought it might be something to do with fixtures, price position or the like...

Still in a Chelsea shirt??? That's hardly unusual.

tom_k wrote: »
    It eludes me also...
    tom_k wrote: »
    Spotted that alright, but thought it might be something to do with fixtures, price position or the like...

Not obvious enough apparently.. Let me try again :pac:

Zqr5UNb.png

Unless I've missed some major transfer news about him coming back to the EPL? :o

EDIT: Oh bollocks I have.. Now I feel silly

• Advertisement

OK danger, where exactly did you find that screenshot if not on the Man City transfers page.

It appears you haven't been listening to the sports news lately:o:P

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

Anyone know how to embed one of those large face palm pics?

I realise this probably isn't the appropriate thread for posting the above image so apologies to the mods. Just to keep this thread on track I actually do have some constructive suggestions! :)

Tyler Blackett(4.5) is currently United's only fit natural left back. He's really stood out in preseason and while Shaw is injured I think Blackett will get a lot of game time. His only competition for the spot is Ashley Young who has mainly been playing on the right so far in preseason.

Definitely worth a 4.5 gamble in my opinion!

FacePal.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Salmon

I realise this probably isn't the appropriate thread for posting the above image so apologies to the mods. Just to keep this thread on track I actually do have some constructive suggestions! :)

Tyler Blackett(4.5) is currently United's only fit natural left back. He's really stood out in preseason and while Shaw is injured I think Blackett will get a lot of game time. His only competition for the spot is Ashley Young who has mainly been playing on the right so far in preseason.

Arent utd looking to play 3-5-2? They might just employ two wingbacks!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,858 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Salmon wrote: »
    That is exactly what they will do. But who will they be?

Salmon wrote: »
    CSF wrote: »
    That is exactly what they will do. But who will they be?

It's closer to a 5-3-2 considering it's usually wing backs rather than out and out wingers. It'll be two from Rafael, Young, and Blackett. Haven't seen much of Rafa so far since LVG took over.

It's closer to a 5-3-2 considering it's usually wing backs rather than out and out wingers. It'll be two from Rafael, Young, and Blackett. Haven't seen much of Rafa so far since LVG took over.
    Rafael is injured too, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Is anyone considering getting in Rvp? (Obviously after gw1) Have not heard anything in the threads about him. I currently have Rooney but will transfer out for RVP for Gw2.

Madness?

CSF wrote: »
    Rafael is injured too, no?

Haven't heard anything about that :confused: That would explain why I haven't really seen him in quite a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Posada

q2ice wrote: »
    Is anyone considering getting in Rvp? (Obviously after gw1) Have not heard anything in the threads about him. I currently have Rooney but will transfer out for RVP for Gw2.

Madness?

There seems to be something about Rooney this season (penalties aside), I just have a feeling he's going to have a big one. He should be in his prime, he looks fit and determined. He seems to have made peace with staying at United and now he's been made captain.

I just think RVP might be beginning a downward curve. He's 31 now and has a history of injuries. Rooney is 28 and should be at his peak.

Of course I could be entirely wrong! :p

Haven't heard anything about that :confused: That would explain why I haven't really seen him in quite a while.
    He went home with a groin injury from US tour. Not sure I've seen him anywhere since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Any thoughts on Januzai being a regular starter this season? Been handed the no.11 shirt and at the price could be a decent 3rd or 4th pick in Midfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Any thoughts on Januzai being a regular starter this season? Been handed the no.11 shirt and at the price could be a decent 3rd or 4th pick in Midfield?

If they persist with 3 5 2 . Rooney and RVP up top with mata in behind dont see much of a role for him myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

If they persist with 3 5 2 . Rooney and RVP up top with mata in behind dont see much of a role for him myself.

To be honest, I agree with you. Just greedily trying to find a way to free up 2 million in my team :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Tyler Blackett doesn't play left back, he plays in the central three. He's been on the left side of the central three practically all pre-season. And he's been quite a rock there. Unless Evans makes a miraculous recovery I'd imagine Blackett will be there against Swansea. Left-back will be Reece James or Ashley Young.

OctavarIan wrote: »
    Tyler Blackett doesn't play left back, he plays in the central three. He's been on the left side of the central three practically all pre-season. And he's been quite a rock there. Unless Evans makes a miraculous recovery I'd imagine Blackett will be there against Swansea. Left-back will be Reece James or Ashley Young.

He has been playing in the central three yes, but as far as I'm aware his natural position is LB.. Although I could be wrong on that :o

Either way, whether it is at LWB or CB he is going to get time for the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Aluko for Hull. Classed as a midfielder but should play upfront for the first few games till Hull sign someone. 5.0 is cheap for an out of position player. Hull have great fixtures but the europa league is a worry.

I'm worried about United conceding with such a makeshift defence. Still sticking with De Gea though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

iMuse wrote: »
    Aluko for Hull. Classed as a midfielder but should play upfront for the first few games till Hull sign someone. 5.0 is cheap for an out of position player. Hull have great fixtures but the europa league is a worry.

Or they might just go with Jelavic up front and Snodgrass, Brady or Boyd off him. Too much of a risk for me.

Advertisement