Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Watchlist 2014-2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Ormus wrote: »
    Florin Gardos from Steaua Bucharest

That name rings a bell

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Ormus wrote: »
    Florin Gardos from Steaua Bucharest

Back to the drawing board then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

What does everyone make of Southamptons new signing, Dusan Tadic? I have him in my team atm after doing some research. He seems to have a good goal-scoring record for a 7.5 mil midfielder. But what's enticing about him is that he will be taking all of their frees and corners and there's a good chance he will be on penalties too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

FatRat wrote: »
    What does everyone make of Southamptons new signing, Dusan Tadic? I have him in my team atm after doing some research. He seems to have a good goal-scoring record for a 7.5 mil midfielder. But what's enticing about him is that he will be taking all of their frees and corners and there's a good chance he will be on penalties too.

His goal scoring record is impressive, does anyone know if he'll be playing in the hole for Southampton.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    His goal scoring record is impressive, does anyone know if he'll be playing in the hole for Southampton.

Southampton manager has specifically said he is lallana's replacement. Therefore he will probably be taking up his old position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I've seen him a few times before and looks a good replacement for Lallana alright. Not starting with him but looking closely. de Jong and Barkley are better value than him but he has the potential to outscore them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Something to keep in mind: Boruc is now second choice keeper
    http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/11402901.Koeman__Boruc_must_try_to_challenge_Forster/

Fraser Forster (5.0) is first choice.

8-10 wrote: »
    I've seen him a few times before and looks a good replacement for Lallana alright. Not starting with him but looking closely. de Jong and Barkley are better value than him but he has the potential to outscore them.

From an Everton fan.. Barkley is most definitely not better value. I can't understand why he is selected by so many players this year. I watched every Everton game last season and came to the conclusion that Barkley is definitely not a player to have on your fantasy team, he won't score half enough goals. He's a great player, no doubt about that. But he seems to me like a Yaya Toure of a few years ago. The kinda player who only "pitches in" with goals and rarely assists.

Also, as an Everton fan, I hope I am proven wrong this year and he comes into his own in terms of goalscoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Potentially a disastrous suggestion but Darren Bent is possibly going to be villas front man for the first few games unless he's sold, since benteke and kozak are likely out til next month. Could be worth a punt for a cheap third forward before shipping out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

FatRat wrote: »
    From an Everton fan.. Barkley is most definitely not better value. I can't understand why he is selected by so many players this year. I watched every Everton game last season and came to the conclusion that Barkley is definitely not a player to have on your fantasy team, he won't score half enough goals. He's a great player, no doubt about that. But he seems to me like a Yaya Toure of a few years ago. The kinda player who only "pitches in" with goals and rarely assists.

Also, as an Everton fan, I hope I am proven wrong this year and he comes into his own in terms of goalscoring.

Yea I don't see him as a fpl player either, De Jong and Tadic will be playing in more advanced positions so "should" out score him.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Moreno on his way to Liverpool. Expect him to come in 5.5-6M. Very attack-minded full back

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Yea I don't see him as a fpl player either, De Jong and Tadic will be playing in more advanced positions so "should" out score him.
    De Jong is doubtful for week 1 though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Shedite27 wrote: »
    De Jong is doubtful for week 1 though

Yep not a good fixture either. He'll be coming into my team when he's back though, love him as a player, last season not so much but the season before he was phenomenal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Has any Newcastle fan been impressed by Remy Caballa in pre-season? Brought in as a direct replacement for Yohan Cabaye, was hoping there'd be a bit of value in his price but it looks to be a big risk before a kick of the ball.

Who's more likely to get gametime between Wisdom and Targett? Looking ahead at GW2 and I may need to call on my £4m defender!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

roryc wrote: »
    Who's more likely to get gametime between Wisdom and Targett? Looking ahead at GW2 and I may need to call on my £4m defender!

yeah I'm the same which is why Hutton is tempting me. actually has 2 home games in a row BUT then gw4-8.......carnage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

km79 wrote: »
    yeah I'm the same which is why Hutton is tempting me. actually has 2 home games in a row BUT then gw4-8.......carnage

A terrible player in a terrible team.

My backline is looking like Terry, Pieters, Lovren or Debuchy, Van Aanholt and £4m defender. The first two are no brainers, I'm undecided between Lovren and Debuchy, but either way both have a tough GW2. Van Aanholt is a medium-long term move, but he faces United in GW2. Therefore I might have to call on my 5th choice defender! Moore is out of the question with an away tie against Chelsea. The next best options in that price range appear to be Wisdom and Targett, who actually face each other in GW2. Would think that will be a low scoring game, with Saints having the advantage being the home side. This would have me leaning towards Targett, who did actually feature quite a bit pre-season starting in 3 of the 5 matches (playing 90 in one) and coming on at half time in the other two.

EHC HOENSBROEK - came on at half-time
    SPORTING HASSELT - started. Subbed at half time
    SWINDON - started. Subbed at 62 mins
    BOURNEMOUTH - played the full 90 mins
    BRIGHTON - came on at half time

Worth noting that despite Southamptons 'Everything Must Go' sale over the summer they have smashed all their (weak) competition pre-season. 5 wins on the trot, with only 1 goal conceded. If Targett was likely to nail down a spot he's a bargain at £4m. At 18 he may be a bit on the young side, but Koeman has said he could be a great replacement for Shaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Won't Bertrand be getting the nod over him though?

• Advertisement

I have no idea! He seems to have gotten a lot of time pre-season but at 18 it would be hard to see him nailing down a spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

AdMMM wrote: »
    Won't Bertrand be getting the nod over him though?
    YEah my reading of Koeman quotes is that he won't feature regularly. At best it'll be a Cylne/Chambers rotation which isn't idea for a 4th/5th choice defender

Even if Wisdom does play he doesn't look like a great pick. WB have fallen apart pre-season, losing their last 4 games against the likes of Port Vale and Hednesford...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

My backline is looking like Terry, Pieters, Lovren or Debuchy, Van Aanholt and £4m defender. The first two are no brainers, I'm undecided between Lovren and Debuchy, but either way both have a tough GW2. Van Aanholt is a medium-long term move, but he faces United in GW2. Therefore I might have to call on my 5th choice defender! Moore is out of the question with an away tie against Chelsea. The next best options in that price range appear to be Wisdom and Targett, who actually face each other in GW2. Would think that will be a low scoring game, with Saints having the advantage being the home side. This would have me leaning towards Targett, who did actually feature quite a bit pre-season starting in 3 of the 5 matches (playing 90 in one) and coming on at half time in the other two.

EHC HOENSBROEK - came on at half-time
    SPORTING HASSELT - started. Subbed at half time
    SWINDON - started. Subbed at 62 mins
    BOURNEMOUTH - played the full 90 mins
    BRIGHTON - came on at half time

Worth noting that despite Southamptons 'Everything Must Go' sale over the summer they have smashed all their (weak) competition pre-season. 5 wins on the trot, with only 1 goal conceded. If Targett was likely to nail down a spot he's a bargain at £4m. At 18 he may be a bit on the young side, but Koeman has said he could be a great replacement for Shaw.

Why is Pieters a no-brainer? Genuinely interested, I have no research done. Why not Cameron at 4.5?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Nuts102

I seen people talking up Tadic but surely Mirallas at 7.5 is better value. With a better side and a proven high scorer in FF.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Why is Pieters a no-brainer? Genuinely interested, I have no research done. Why not Cameron at 4.5?

Cameron and Huth not guaranteed to start, Pieters has a decent goal threat too. Stoke have a cracking start, best option at £5m imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Cameron and Huth not guaranteed to start, Pieters has a decent goal threat too. Stoke have a cracking start, best option at £5m imo.

Just been reading the Stoke fans Forum (yeah, I know!) and they are split pretty much 50/50 whether Pieters or Muniesa will start.

The only certs from what I can gather are Shawcross and Bardsley.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Benimar wrote: »
    Just been reading the Stoke fans Forum (yeah, I know!) and they are split pretty much 50/50 whether Pieters or Muniesa will start.

The only certs from what I can gather are Shawcross and Bardsley.
    I did the same yesterday and am on Bardsley currently. Reason being that Cameron either wants a transfer or to play CB/DM for Stoke. So that leaves Bardsley as their only RB

I was chatting last week to a lad I know from Stoke who is a big fan - he seems to think its Pieters spot to lose, and with 2,900 minutes under his belt last year I can see where he's coming from with that. They have definitely shared the position in the friendlies, although Pieters has a goal under his belt. Happy to take the risk for GW1 anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I did the same yesterday and am on Bardsley currently. Reason being that Cameron either wants a transfer or to play CB/DM for Stoke. So that leaves Bardsley as their only RB

Not according to himself.
    http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Stoke-City-Geoff-Cameron-insists-play-Mark-Hughes/story-22072439-detail/story.html
    "My best position is centre midfield or centre-back, and that's where I played for the USA at the World Cup," he acknowledged.

"But if the gaffer sees me playing right-back again, then I'm going to play right-back."

Cameron is also refusing to be distracted by any speculation over his future after The Sentinel revealed last week that up to nine English and German clubs had expressed an interest in signing the American international.

Cameron, pictured below, whose starting position at right-back is now under threat anyway from new signing Phil Bardsley, adds: "I'm letting everyone else do the talking. As of now, I'm at Stoke and happy to be at Stoke.

"My focus is on my playing and working hard every single day to try to better myself and better my team-mates."

Advertisement