Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Watchlist 2014-2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

team mostly sorted
    trying to decide if terry is worth 6.5. if I go with him I play eriksen midfield
    if I downgrade terry to a spurs defender I play fabregas midfield .....I will also have Costa
    what ye think

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

km79 wrote: »
    team mostly sorted
    trying to decide if terry is worth 6.5. if I go with him I play eriksen midfield
    if I downgrade terry to a spurs defender I play fabregas midfield .....I will also have Costa
    what ye think

I'm going with Vertonghen and Evans as my two permanent defenders. Will rotate 4.5s with home/home rotations then.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

Gatame wrote: »
    I'm going with Vertonghen and Evans as my two permanent defenders. Will rotate 4.5s with home/home rotations then.

Vertonghen was not even on the bench yday though ? Is he fit ? Kabul at 5 is tempting . Davies is too risky yet.
    Eriksen burnt me badly at start of last season.
    Not playing losing value BUT he scored some amount of points after Xmas !
    It's crazy that having never ever having owned Terry I'm now considering it when he is a rotation risk :)

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

Ramsey only had one shot (and scored) and only created one chance (and assisted) today, just to comfort anyone, like myself probably, who'll be going Ramsey-less to start with. And that assist was the pass to Giroud's wondergoal. Surely he can't keep it up?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

rosskind wrote: »
    Ramsey only had one shot (and scored) and only created one chance (and assisted) today, just to comfort anyone, like myself probably, who'll be going Ramsey-less to start with. And that assist was the pass to Giroud's wondergoal. Surely he can't keep it up?!?

On now you've gone and done it!!!! :). That's like a red rag to a bull the the Ram, if you'll excuse the mixed farm animal metaphors......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

Like his conversions rate for both goals and assists were insane last year. But Arsenal are my PL team so I'll be delighted when he proves me wrong. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Any love for Mauricio Isla at 5.0? Quite attacking, from what I understand...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Coutinho definitely played his way onto my watchlist, and with Rodgers comments about him playing in the hole behind Sturridge maybe into my GW1 team in case Pool hammer Southampton....

Lamella or Coutinho?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

FHFC wrote: »
    Coutinho definitely played his way onto my watchlist, and with Rodgers comments about him playing in the hole behind Sturridge maybe into my GW1 team in case Pool hammer Southampton....

Lamella or Coutinho?

i have Coutinho at the moment, though definitely keeping an eye on Lamela/Eriksen, and Schurrle, who at £7.5M if nails down a spot could be an absolute steal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

FHFC wrote: »

Lamella or Coutinho?

Think Eriksen is a better option than either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

i think at 8.5 Sterling should be featuring a hell of a lot more on peoples teams

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

lads please keep RMT posts on the correct thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

can anyone see gallagher starting for southampton?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Is anyone slightly worried about Hazard?

FF Scout say he only returned to pre-season training last week and he had a month off according to what I read in an article a few days ago.

I have no doubt he'll be there or thereabouts at the top of the points scorers table come the end of the season, but will Mourinho throw him in from the start given a) he's only just come back from a month off and b) he has so many options in those wide forward roles?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Paully D wrote: »

FF Scout say he only returned to pre-season training last week and he had a month off according to what I read in an article a few days ago.

I have no doubt he'll be there or thereabouts at the top of the points scorers table come the end of the season, but will Mourinho throw him in from the start given a) he's only just come back from a month off and b) he has so many options in those wide forward roles?

Willian & Schurrle are in the same boat. What's he going to do not play any of them?

People playing fpl tend to overthink a lot of time. I think this is one of them times Paully.

Paully D wrote: »

Be extremely surprised if he doesn't start gw1. Returned late to pre season but looked pretty sharp in last friendly I saw. Schurlle looked sharp too. Oscar less so, but he played almost every minute for Brazil I think so that's not surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Willian & Schurrle are in the same boat. What's he going to do not play any of them?

People playing fpl tend to overthink a lot of time. I think this is one of them times Paully.

You could Oscar to that list aswell. Hazards world cup finished before those 3 players so I think he is safe to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Doing a bit more research into those all-important 4.0m defenders. Struck gold with Ward and Chester last season that allowed me invest money elsewhere. Having a good scout today and found the following.....

Liam Moore (Leicester)
    England U-21 defender, won Championship young player of the month last season, started CB in a 1-0 win over Werder Bremen in what looked like a full strength team...
    http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/090814-report-leicester-city-1-werder-bremen-0-1815949.aspx

Kyle Bartley (Swansea)
    Similarly started at CB in what looked like a full strength team. Should be a straight battle between himself and Amat (4.5) to replace Chico Florse now that Flores has left Swansea. I reckon Bartley could win the position fulltime
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28725401

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Meant to say the reason I was looking for alternatives is if you go for Vlaar, Ferdinand, Wisdom, Cameron etc and they don't play week 1 and/or 2, they will have a lot of transfers out and be down to 3.9 or 4.4 before you know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Kyle Bartley (Swansea)
    Similarly started at CB in what looked like a full strength team. Should be a straight battle between himself and Amat (4.5) to replace Chico Florse now that Flores has left Swansea. I reckon Bartley could win the position fulltime
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28725401
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-rushing-8m-federico-fernandez-4038002

I'm with you on Moore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Silva/Giroud or Ramsey/Dzeko (same price)?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭thomasm

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Doing a bit more research into those all-important 4.0m defenders. Struck gold with Ward and Chester last season that allowed me invest money elsewhere. Having a good scout today and found the following.....

Liam Moore (Leicester)
    England U-21 defender, won Championship young player of the month last season, started CB in a 1-0 win over Werder Bremen in what looked like a full strength team...
    http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/090814-report-leicester-city-1-werder-bremen-0-1815949.aspx

Everton, Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal in 4 of his first five fixtures make him one to look at after those fixtures I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

thomasm wrote: »
    Everton, Chelsea, Man U and Arsenal in 4 of his first five fixtures make him one to look at after those fixtures I think.

I reckon Leicester will get a hammering in those matches. That could push them to the transfer market before the end of august. So think I will steer clear.

Its a pity though. If they had some favourable opening fixtures then he is a real prospect.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Anyone considering Yoshida of Southampton at 4.5? I think's been starting alongside Fonte and after Liverpool their fixtures improve greatly.

Breaking news sky sports news Marcos Rojo apparently handed in transfer request in attempt to force transfer to Man U through. Can play cb or lb

Anyone considering Yoshida of Southampton at 4.5? I think's been starting alongside Fonte and after Liverpool their fixtures improve greatly.

Had him, but read yesterday that a defender(can't remember who) was having a medical with the Saints, so I took him out!

Currently have Mariappa in that spot :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Dice75 wrote: »
    Silva/Giroud or Ramsey/Dzeko (same price)?

C: Ramsey/Giroud

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

C: Ramsey/Giroud

Going with Mata/Rooney so can't gamble on another 2 from same team in front 7.

Thinking Silva/Giroud is the safer bet as not sure on Dzeko starting

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

manual_man wrote: »
    Had him, but read yesterday that a defender(can't remember who) was having a medical with the Saints, so I took him out!

Currently have Mariappa in that spot :o

Google is throwing up Senad Lulic of Lazio who seems to be a LB/LW but I was imagining the Saints would be investing in a CB. Maybe there's somebody else too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Google is throwing up Senad Lulic of Lazio who seems to be a LB/LW but I was imagining the Saints would be investing in a CB. Maybe there's somebody else too

Florin Gardos from Steaua Bucharest

Advertisement