Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Watchlist 2014-2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

dahat wrote: »
    Seb Larsson at 5.5, looks back in form this season, highlighted this morning by Scout notes

I heard Neville praising his delivery on commentary, maybe it's just me but feel he has been poor for 2 seasons & that he isn't going to improve greatly anytime soon...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

KingJamsie wrote: »
    I heard Neville praising his delivery on commentary, maybe it's just me but feel he has been poor for 2 seasons & that he isn't going to improve greatly anytime soon...:o

Think people at the end of the delivery may have been an issue as well. Rodwell may be rusty and a bit injury prone but he can head a ball properly and that could be vital for his deliveries.

I have him down as a WC possible for next week anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Interesting article on Balotelli for anyone considering him. I think I'll be steering clear for a while until I see a bit of him in a liverpool shirt.

Edit: never post the actual article!
    http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/football-just-a-trivial-pursuit-for-baffling-balotelli-1.1906591

Nothing new to me in this article tbh. If you want to laugh watch interview with Mourinho on Balotelli.Classic.

He will have to grow up sooner or later. Never was a fan of his playing anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Looks like the press is more excited than the fans themselves.

From FPL point of view I can't see him in my team.

Liverpool paind only 16m for him, I wouldn't pay more than 7-8m on the FPL.

Cards magnet etc - I won't have him unless he turns into Suarez.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

wonski wrote: »
    Cards magnet etc - I won't have him unless he turns into Suarez.

Are you saying you want him to choo-choo through the opposition?

F1ngers wrote: »
    Are you saying you want him to choo-choo through the opposition?

Nah, the other stuff;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Lucas Hood wrote: »

I read somewhere 33 of his 50 goals for Milan were from set pieces - free kicks, corners, peno's etc.

Anyone confirm?

Also only one assist while at city. And as mentioned cards are likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm pretty sure I'd rather have Sterling or Studge before Balotelli. He won't be on penalties anyway, or many free-kicks and for the goals he does score somebody will have to assist him. If he was priced at something crazy like 7 then ok but most likely 8.5-9 and better options in that range.

Of course I'm happy to be proven wrong but I don't think I ever owned him as a City player either

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I'm pretty sure I'd rather have Sterling or Studge before Balotelli. He won't be on penalties anyway, or many free-kicks and for the goals he does score somebody will have to assist him. If he was priced at something crazy like 7 then ok but most likely 8.5-9 and better options in that range.

Of course I'm happy to be proven wrong but I don't think I ever owned him as a City player either

He won't be on penalties? But that's the one that he is actually world class at!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

tempted with buckley as a 5th mid. looked bright vs utd

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

He won't be on penalties? But that's the one that he is actually world class at!

Well I assume Gerrard has that gig sewn up, if Suarez wasn't taking them I doubt Balotelli will no matter how good he is at them. Maybe I'm wrong though just assuming really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Well I assume Gerrard has that gig sewn up, if Suarez wasn't taking them I doubt Balotelli will no matter how good he is at them. Maybe I'm wrong though just assuming really.

Nah you're right I'd say - somehow I forgot about Gerrard!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

kennyb3 wrote: »
    I read somewhere 33 of his 50 goals for Milan were from set pieces - free kicks, corners, peno's etc.

Anyone confirm?

I can confirm he only scored 30 goals for Milan. He played 54 games for them in all competitions, scoring 50 goals in 54 would have been pretty damn impressive!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Sturridge was sh*te last night! Balotelli could be worth a gamble... But it's not a gamble i'm taking. Happy enough to keep Sterling for now he should make hay against the lesser teams

Dawson signed contract with Hull - didn't see that coming.
    DiMaria and Eto annouced officially, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

How much is Dawson? That could spell the end for Bruce as apparently Rhodes is going to hand in a transfer request at Blackburn.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Lemlin wrote: »
    How much is Dawson? That could spell the end for Bruce as apparently Rhodes is going to hand in a transfer request at Blackburn.

Bruce is gone for me anyway, mcshane has played well since coming in, maguire is also a problem and now you ve Dawson on top of Chester and davies

Lemlin wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭skippy15

Eto could be worth a look, take it will see naismith drop out-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Balotelli in @ 10.0

Probably gonna sign him up!

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

Danger781 wrote: »
    Balotelli in @ 10.0

Probably gonna sign him up!
    His goalscoring record is very average and he doesn't get assists. He is also a card magnet. Not a good option at all imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭rosskind

Thoughts on Puncheon? He only dropped due to his red and actually got an assist during the game. Proven points scorer after last year. Any obviously better option under £7m I'm missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Why did the Spurs sell their captain?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Big Borg wrote: »
    Why did the Spurs sell their captain?

Probably cause he's sh1t. Lennon appointed new captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭qwabercd

It's laughable that Diego Costa is only 0.5m dearer than Balotelli.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

qwabercd wrote: »

He's 0.6m dearer

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

rosskind wrote: »
    Thoughts on Puncheon? He only dropped due to his red and actually got an assist during the game. Proven points scorer after last year. Any obviously better option under £7m I'm missing?

I'm steering clear of Palace until they appoint a manager. They showed before Pulis arrived that they are a fairly average bunch of players unless they have the right manager to put them into a rigid system.

Letting Pulis go was a huge mistake on their behalf. 5 goals now conceded in two games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

qwabercd wrote: »

It's even more laughable that people are jumping the gun to throw him in their teams already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Di Maria @ 9.5

Advertisement