Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dundalk FC (read mod note in post #1 before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Nesta99

Makes some nice reading!!

'José Mourinho’s Chelsea have not been famed for their patient passing, but André Schürrle’s goal against Burnley was as impressive as these efforts from Barcelona, Spain and Dundalk...'

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/aug/19/chelsea-pass-move-football-team-goals-spain-barcelona-arsenal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

The St.Pats Ath v Dundalk match on Friday 5th September will be broadcast live on RTE2 tv with the kick-off time now at 7 05.pm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

The St.Pats Ath v Dundalk match on Friday 5th September will be broadcast live on RTE2 tv with the kick-off time now at 7 05.pm
    Excellent news. I'm away on my holidays on Sunday and I was a bit miffed that I was missing that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭Minjor

What's up with that fine eh? 18 grand for some supporters waving Palestinian flags!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

Minjor wrote: »
    What's up with that fine eh? 18 grand for some supporters waving Palestinian flags!

18 grand for supporters waving flags after they agreed not too after a Uefa Offical and Skinny Bond came over to the Shed to tell them it wasnt allowed.

Guess who the ringleader of this group is, Wont say his name but Petrol FAI should give it away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭ardle1

I heard that it wasn't political..
    And that one of the lads was emigrating to Palestine and the 'shed' was just wishing him Good-Luck!?

Isn't that right lads.. ISN'T IT:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

18 grand for supporters waving flags after they agreed not too after a Uefa Offical and Skinny Bond came over to the Shed to tell them it wasnt allowed.

Guess who the ringleader of this group is, Wont say his name but Petrol FAI should give it away

Ah now I get you.
    That's the pr1ck they even gave a stewards job to. Couldn't believe they allowed him back near Oriel until I saw him wearing a stewards bib. Madness.

Every game from now until the end of the season is huge and it all starts again on Friday evening against Bohs.There should be a bumper crowd in attendance for this one

10312468_10152188870352084_7607255841899330731_n.jpg?oh=904c5feb86c28a9c875fd2ce49b8cc35&oe=54717A66&__gda__=1417332761_2ad70813d9b1a650f2ad925f8d34a32f

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

Don't forget your Palestine flags! Maybe a few Ukrainian ones while we're at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

tenifan wrote: »
    Don't forget your Palestine flags! Maybe a few Ukrainian ones while we're at it!

To be fair there has been Palestinian flags at matches in Oriel Park for years before this incident, and at most matches since.

Having them at a League match has never been a problem.

• Advertisement

TopBombing wrote: »
    To be fair there has been Palestinian flags at matches in Oriel Park for years before this incident, and at most matches since.

Having them at a League match has never been a problem.

Why?
    What's the difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TopBombing

Why?
    What's the difference?

Different competition?
    Different rules?
    No UEFA delegate at LoI matches?

Take your pick.

TopBombing wrote: »
    Different competition?
    Different rules?
    No UEFA delegate at LoI matches?

Take your pick.

Nitpicking then.

Nitpicking then.

TwitPicking from the UEFA delegate considering Derry and Aberystwyth game featured poppies and Palestinian flags...anyhow!

Great results all round tonight but i'm not cut out for nervy games and a gap being down to 1 and then back to 6 by FT - like being on an eight month long rollercoaster:( Wouldnt have it any other way! While its incredible to be on for a treble any other time i'd be happy with a league title challange on its own as I think competing on 3 fronts is the biggest threat to the league title, but it is hard not to let the expectation grow as we dream of a unique treble (depending on whether Derry City are considered oldco or newco). Get the roll of honour rolling again with a period of success and get ourselves back to the elite of that table too.

Another Dundalk match on the tv.
    RTE have confirmed that they will broadcast the FAI cup quarter final tie between Shamrock Rovers and Dundalk FC on Friday September 12th.
    The live programme which will be broadcast on RTE2 will commence at 7pm with the game now kicking off at the earlier than normal time of 7.05pm.

https://www.facebook.com/693196294068267/photos/a.693467074041189.1073741828.693196294068267/708364419218121/?type=1&theater

Nesta99 wrote: »
    TwitPicking from the UEFA delegate considering Derry and Aberystwyth game featured poppies and Palestinian flags...anyhow!

Great results all round tonight but i'm not cut out for nervy games and a gap being down to 1 and then back to 6 by FT - like being on an eight month long rollercoaster:( Wouldnt have it any other way! While its incredible to be on for a treble any other time i'd be happy with a league title challange on its own as I think competing on 3 fronts is the biggest threat to the league title, but it is hard not to let the expectation grow as we dream of a unique treble (depending on whether Derry City are considered oldco or newco). Get the roll of honour rolling again with a period of success and get ourselves back to the elite of that table too.

Celtic and St Johnstone have also been fined for Palestine Flags. Hope thats the end of anyone saying they making an example of Dundalk!

Another kick in the arse for away fans.

How is anyone finished work at 5 or 5.30 going to get to Tallaght for 7.05? Same this week with the Pats game!

Why cant they just play the games at 8 like Setanta do :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭tenifan

Tell your boss you have an appointment?

Tony's bus is leaving at 4.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

tenifan wrote: »
    Tell your boss you have an appointment?

Tony's bus is leaving at 4.30.

Say it's an interview and might get a pay rise too :P

Celtic and St Johnstone have also been fined for Palestine Flags. Hope thats the end of anyone saying they making an example of Dundalk!

Saw that earlier. Was never really never of the opinion that Dundalk was being singled out but I still dont think that there is consistancy in the decision until all clubs are fined for the 'offence of flying Isreali or palestinian flags.

• Advertisement

DundalkFC promotional video.I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I like it too. Nicely understated and well shot. Stuff like that has huge potential to be cringey as hell. Works well though.

Its amazing how certain camera angles can really paint a particular picture - Oriel looks like really fine ground in the vid rather than the tired old place that it is. Its a really well done promotional and hopefully an indication of the regard the Fyffes have for being the main club sponsor. Their logo has really been splashed around in the media as a result of the successful season, maybe we could eek a few quid extra from such a top sponsor in future seasons...Fyffes Oriel Park?

Following the bad news last week regarding David McMillan's season ending injury comes some good news.
    >Tuesday evening could mark a return to action for Dundalk FC captain Stephen O'Donnell when the club take on Leinster Senior Leauge side Sacred Heart in a friendly match......

https://www.facebook.com/693196294068267/photos/a.693467074041189.1073741828.693196294068267/723973537657209/?type=1&theater

Hope all works out for him,it would be great to have him back for the final push.

Huge three points tonight in Athlone.
    Rovers of the Shamrock variety now on Monday evening.Get them tickets early,i think this match could sell out.

1781834_10152281457702084_996267369021247518_o.jpg

Damn RTE and their 7.05 KO nuisance!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Damn RTE and their 7.05 KO nuisance!!

7.05 for a home game is not too bad and it means there will hardly any thugs from Tallaght. A big plus point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭White Horse

Its amazing how certain camera angles can really paint a particular picture - Oriel looks like really fine ground in the vid rather than the tired old place that it is.

Anyone who goes to games in Oriel Park knows that the pitch looks nowhere near as bad in reality as it does on the TV. The club should look at repositioning the TV gantry as the appearance of the pitch generates so much negative publicity for the club.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pkvader

Best place to go for a convenient pre match pint lads?,

• Advertisement

pkvader wrote: »
    Best place to go for a convenient pre match pint lads?,

I always go to Kennedys across from the rail station.3 min walk to the ground.

Advertisement