Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Headset Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Turtle Beach are launching their own 2 headset adapters.

They seem to have mic monitoring built in as well as the voice morphing features.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/xbox-one-adapters-accessories/ear-force-headset-audio-controller/644

& more expensive model:

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/xbox-one-adapters-accessories/ear-force-headset-audio-controller-plus/645

Now please release a bluetooth version so I can use my Tangos fully wireless, cheers :D

Note: If the link doesn't bring you straight to the adapters then both are here: http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/accessories/xbox-one-adapters

Nice spot.

Its also worth noting that if you use these new adapters with the Turtle Beach XO Seven and XO Four headset you'll be able to utilize Mic monitoring which was missing from these Xbox One headsets at release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hard to tell from the images but those adaptors dont seem to have separated out volume controls for chat and game, looks to be the same balancing function as the other adaptors no :confused:

It's about the only thing I miss from my old set, having 2 independent controls for game and chat levels, also wish MS would implement an on screen indicator for volume levels on head sets.

At the minute I have mine set all the way up for game, then when I'm in a party I move it all the way down to full chat sound till I hear the beep and go back up one press to game, not perfect but found it works best for me, whereas when it was dials I could get a better sense of where the levels where if that makes sense lol :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Can i plug a pair of sennheisers into the x1 adapter(provided i cam find one) and hear just game audio.

stuchyg wrote: »
    Can i plug a pair of sennheisers into the x1 adapter(provided i cam find one) and hear just game audio.

Yes indeed, tested with mine there. Any headphones with a 3.5mm jack should work for game audio.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

calex71 wrote: »
    Yes indeed, tested with mine there. Any headphones with a 3.5mm jack should work for game audio.

Thanks calex. Now to get one, every Argos in Dublin are sold out with no expected delivery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

You can get them on ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

stuchyg wrote: »
    Thanks calex. Now to get one, every Argos in Dublin are sold out with no expected delivery

Smyths have them and are cheaper. €22.99. First store I checked for Dublin had them in stock (Jervis Street)

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/xbox-one/c-754/xbox-one-accessories/p-8650/xbox-one-stereo-headset-adaptor/?cmp=cel&trigger=ac

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

Seen Tritton triggers discussed but just looking for some clarification will they work with the adapter? And if so do they play both in game audio and party chat audio?

Also what is the xbox headset itself like?

Hate having to buy a new one but would like to at least wait :(

Seen Tritton triggers discussed but just looking for some clarification will they work with the adapter? And if so do they play both in game audio and party chat audio?

Also what is the xbox headset itself like?

Hate having to buy a new one but would like to at least wait :(

Triggers work fine, leave the cable (up to the volume controls) attached to the 360 if you have one so you can use them on that should the need arise. You just take the head set part and plug them into the One adaptor and you have game and chat audio, clean and simple compared to other sets. Tested them myself and they work fine. Used to swap the set between the one and 360 at ease before I got a set of Xo fours on the cheap for one.... that set actually works on the 360 using the the triggers cable for what it's worth :D

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

calex71 wrote: »
    Triggers work fine, leave the cable (up to the volume controls) attached to the 360 if you have one so you can use them on that should the need arise. You just take the head set part and plug them into the One adaptor and you have game and chat audio, clean and simple compared to other sets. Tested them myself and they work fine. Used to swap the set between the one and 360 at ease before I got a set of Xo fours on the cheap for one.... that set actually works on the 360 using the the triggers cable for what it's worth :D

I've seen you helping others on this thread and now you have done the same for me, Thanks very much for all your great info here.

You sir are a legend :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭redt0m

Aldi have a gaming headset today, poster says compatible with Xbox One, box itself doesn't mention the One. Anyone know for definite if it does work with the One? Cheers

redt0m wrote: »
    Aldi have a gaming headset today, poster says compatible with Xbox One, box itself doesn't mention the One. Anyone know for definite if it does work with the One? Cheers

It will work but would need an xbox one stereo headset adapter I'd imagine, that'll add 20-30 to the cost so youd probably be better off buying an official xbox one stereo headset for 50/60, it's pretty good and i'd imagine better than the aldi one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Anyone still looking for those ear force tangos from gamestop?

edit: these ones http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/call-of-duty-headsets/ear-force-tango/27

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

What are the turtle beach xo seven like? Is 159 expensive with a copy of watchdogs and a headset adaptor included

rottie 11 wrote: »
    What are the turtle beach xo seven like? Is 159 expensive with a copy of watchdogs and a headset adaptor included

Don't quote me on this as I'm by no means an expert but I was of the mind from reviews I read ages ago that they had the same drivers as the XO Fours and did't really offer enough over the fours to justify the extra cost and that the extra cost was in tweaks and materials used.

Edit: Actually don't buy either just yet, TB announced new pro/stealth version of the Four and Seven at CES earlier , so once those are out the price on the old ones should take a dive, and seems they will have mic monitoring too on the new ones which is great,

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-20164-Turtle-Beach-Unveils-New-Xbox-One-Headsets-at-CES-2015.html

calex71 wrote:
    Edit: Actually don't buy either just yet, TB announced new pro/stealth version of the Four and Seven at CES earlier , so once those are out the price on the old ones should take a dive, and seems they will have mic monitoring too on the new ones which is great,

The mic monitoring and voice morphing will all be done through the turtle beach alternative to the official Xbox one stereo adapter so as far as I know all I or anyone with the xo fours and sevens will have to do to get mic monitoring is buy the new adapter when its out. Will be getting it myself as soon as its available!

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    The mic monitoring and voice morphing will all be done through the turtle beach alternative to the official Xbox one stereo adapter so as far as I know all I or anyone with the xo fours and sevens will have to do to get mic monitoring is buy the new adapter when its out. Will be getting it myself as soon as its available!

They are available for purchase now Misky.

Just like you were saying anyone with the XO Four and XO Sevens can use this Turtle Beach adapter to use the mic monitoring feature.

Cheers calex

Think ill hold off so for a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

Jeaney Mac... So many posts on just headsets...

I just trawled through as many posts as I could, but I guess it'd be easier (for me) to just ask my question:

What options are there out there for reasonably-priced wireless stereo headsets for X360?

My X360 is connected via HDMI (video and audio) into my Denon amp, which sends video to my TV (via HDMI) & audio to my 5.1 speakers.

The Turtle Beach videos for the XL1 & X12 make wired headsets look too complicated, and I'm not dicking around with my AV system.

Thanks for any replies,

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mark#1 wrote: »
    Jeaney Mac... So many posts on just headsets...

I just trawled through as many posts as I could, but I guess it'd be easier (for me) to just ask my question:

What options are there out there for reasonably-priced wireless stereo headsets for X360?

My X360 is connected via HDMI (video and audio) into my Denon amp, which sends video to my TV (via HDMI) & audio to my 5.1 speakers.

The Turtle Beach videos for the XL1 & X12 make wired headsets look too complicated, and I'm not dicking around with my AV system.

Thanks for any replies,

Mark

Argos and gamestop had a clearance recently on ear force tango headsets. They're call of duty branded but are a top of the range headset if you can get one. The transmitter connects to the optical port on your 360

Edit. These are them
    http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=turtle+beach+ghosts&authToken=%252d1002%252c8RvTgzRQUIkiaCQg1wd0wg264Io%253d

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Emmo-m-

Anybody got these or ever used a pair?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-Mobile/dp/B00SAYCXWG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1426693295&sr=8-1&keywords=hyperx+cloud+gaming

I seen them get a decent review on Forbes - http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2015/03/14/my-favorite-sub-100-gaming-headphones-meet-the-kingston-hyperx-cloud-ii/

Seem like decent value for money. I like the option of the valuer earpads as well. I have a set of Sennheiser HD 555's with the same and I prefer them to the leatherette.

Time for me to pick up a headset since I dont have one with months . Dont want to spend much on one , looking at the official sterio headset . Would it be decent enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭recyclops

recyclops wrote: »

Its 47 on littlewoods . But it doesnt have the camouflage

Have a bit of a problem. When I first got my xbox one I was using a tritton headset from my 360 mainly for game sound late at night. But the game sound was breaking up it just wasnt right so I got rid of that headset and adapter.

After being without a headset for months I finally bought a new adapter and tried a different xbox 360 headset and same thing , game sound is pure ****. Seems like theres a loose connection (but theres not)

So I bought ear phones in lidl with a built in mic and guess what same again.

I know none of headsets I tried were for xb1 but im not paying 60-70 euro for a headset if the game sound is going to be breaking up like that.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Btw when I plugged in the new adapter and tried to update it . It said I didnt need an update

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Have a bit of a problem. When I first got my xbox one I was using a tritton headset from my 360 mainly for game sound late at night. But the game sound was breaking up it just wasnt right so I got rid of that headset and adapter.

After being without a headset for months I finally bought a new adapter and tried a different xbox 360 headset and same thing , game sound is pure ****. Seems like theres a loose connection (but theres not)

So I bought ear phones in lidl with a built in mic and guess what same again.

I know none of headsets I tried were for xb1 but im not paying 60-70 euro for a headset if the game sound is going to be breaking up like that.

Am I doing something wrong ?

Btw when I plugged in the new adapter and tried to update it . It said I didnt need an update

Look at the chat adapter and press and hold the chat button down until you hear a beep then see if the quality improves.

The chat button is the one with an outline of a character.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

The official ms chat adaptor are absolutely woeful imo..

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

How many do u own at this stage?

• Advertisement

Look at the chat adapter and press and hold the chat button down until you hear a beep then see if the quality improves.

The chat button is the one with an outline of a character.

Il try that later . If that doesnt work maybe it could be controller?

Advertisement