Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Headset Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

naughto wrote: »
    How many do u own at this stage?

None... Good lad Kevin :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

How do u no ms adaptors are rubbish then

• Registered Users Posts: 10,209 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Why?

Had 3 first one froze that mute button was stuck on and the connection in two was ropey after a while.

I just think it was a mistake by ms to go with it a standard jack would have been better

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

rottie 11 wrote: »
    Il try that later . If that doesnt work maybe it could be controller?

If the controller is the one thing that hasn't changed throughout different headsets and adapters that could be the case.

See if you can borrow a controller to verify If that's the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

If the controller is the one thing that hasn't changed throughout different headsets and adapters that could be the case.

See if you can borrow a controller to verify If that's the issue.

make sure the firmware on the controller is up to date too, I'm sure one of the updates was specifically to do with the headset adapters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Finally decided to buy a proper xbox one headset this weekend.

Choices are:

1. Official sterio headset
    2. Turtle beach xo one
    3. Tritton kama
    4. Tritton kunai

Im liking the tritton ones tbh but what do ye reckon ?

Finally decided to buy a proper xbox one headset this weekend.

Choices are:

1. Official sterio headset
    2. Turtle beach xo one
    3. Tritton kama
    4. Tritton kunai

Im liking the tritton ones tbh but what do ye reckon ?

Anyone ?? im going ordering one of the trittons today, theres about 12e in the price differance. Is a detachable mic a good thing?

Anyone ?? im going ordering one of the trittons today, theres about 12e in the price differance. Is a detachable mic a good thing?

I didn't chime in as I Only have experience with tturtle beach headsets, but not the one you've mentioned. I'd say they're probably all pretty good though. The detachable Mic isn't something I've ever used tbh, there is a high end turtle beach headset on sale at a huge reduction in Argos at the moment. Search for turtle beach ghosts on the website. You'll need an additional cable to get it to work with your Xbox one though. You should pm DARK-KNIGHT Or failsafe on here, theyre both running a similar setup.

I didn't chime in as I Only have experience with tturtle beach headsets, but not the one you've mentioned. I'd say they're probably all pretty good though. The detachable Mic isn't something I've ever used tbh, there is a high end turtle beach headset on sale at a huge reduction in Argos at the moment. Search for turtle beach ghosts on the website. You'll need an additional cable to get it to work with your Xbox one though. You should pm DARK-KNIGHT Or failsafe on here, theyre both running a similar setup.

cheers for the reply, im kinda stuck for cash so il have to get a headset on littlewoods and have it added to the balance. And id rather just the one cable anyway to the adapter tbh. il go for the kunai one I think, it must be better if its more expensive lol.

cheers for the reply, im kinda stuck for cash so il have to get a headset on littlewoods and have it added to the balance. And id rather just the one cable anyway to the adapter tbh. il go for the kunai one I think, it must be better if its more expensive lol.

If you're on a budget, it might be worth your while looking at 360 headset and an adapter.

• Advertisement

If you're on a budget, it might be worth your while looking at 360 headset and an adapter.

I have a 360 headset its sn orb gx2. I tested it last night by plugging it into the usb port and into the xbox one adapter and it works fine but the game volume isnt very loud at all and the sound quality isnt the best either tbh. Not sure if its the controller because everything else is brand new

I have a 360 headset its sn orb gx2. I tested it last night by plugging it into the usb port and into the xbox one adapter and it works fine but the game volume isnt very loud at all and the sound quality isnt the best either tbh. Not sure if its the controller because everything else is brand new

I'm not at my Xbox so I can check but I'm sure there's adjustment in the settings menu.

I see littlewoods have the ear force sentinels as well And not mad expensive.

A good list of the pros and cons of different xbone headsets here
    http://heavy.com/games/2014/12/top-best-xbox-one-wireless-bluetooth-headsets-reviews-turtle-beach-astro-tritton-pdp/

I'm not at my Xbox so I can check but I'm sure there's adjustment in the settings menu.

I see littlewoods have the ear force sentinels as well And not mad expensive.

A good list of the pros and cons of different xbone headsets here
    http://heavy.com/games/2014/12/top-best-xbox-one-wireless-bluetooth-headsets-reviews-turtle-beach-astro-tritton-pdp/

thanks that link was very helpful. It says the price to quality ratio for the kunai headset is good so I think im just going to purchase that one, and if that doesn't solve my issue then a new controller surely will :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

thanks that link was very helpful. It says the price to quality ratio for the kunai headset is good so I think im just going to purchase that one, and if that doesn't solve my issue then a new controller surely will :)

Have you updated you're controller? That might improve the sound.

deco nate wrote: »
    Have you updated you're controller? That might improve the sound.

I did ya I updated it before but when I bought a new adapter I tried updating it again and it said I didn't need any update. when I get the new headset il plug it in and see if I can update it then

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

thinking of getting the Turtle Beach 800x, and selling my Astro a50's. Anyone know where I would get the most for the astro's as both and/were relatively big investments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Might as well put this here too, seeing as it's relevant. There's a new controller coming, with a headphone jack as standard.

See here.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,192 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

CatInABox wrote: »
    Might as well put this here too, seeing as it's relevant. There's a new controller coming, with a headphone jack as standard.

See here.

Complete joke that that wasn't the design from day one in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Complete joke that that wasn't the design from day one in my eyes.

Bit of an oversight alright.

Whats the audio quality like when you pick it up via the gamepad? I've the fully wireless turtle beach headset that takes the audio from the digital optical cable - would it be on a par with that?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,192 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Whats the audio quality like when you pick it up via the gamepad? I've the fully wireless turtle beach headset that takes the audio from the digital optical cable - would it be on a par with that?

I doubt it. I have turtle beach x12's and the quality through the adapter is nowhere near as good as it was when I used them with the 360. It doesn't even give full stereo quality I don't think, I've particularly noticed it when playing any FPS online.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So here's the first image of the new controller, which unsurprisingly looks exactly the same.

JnaSuXf.png

CatInABox wrote: »
    So here's the first image of the new controller, which unsurprisingly looks exactly the same.

JnaSuXf.png

Mmm, I like that. Be nicer in a white snow camo tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

My day 1 controller will be decommissioned in a few months so I'll pick one of these new controllers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/-/ear-force-stealth-420x/790

Welcome to the Ear Force Stealth 420X, an officially-licensed Xbox One gaming headset with the freedom of 100% fully wireless, crystal-clear game and chat audio. The Stealth 420X comes loaded with a suite of must-have features for every Xbox gamer, including Mic Monitoring, independent game and chat audio controls, four audio presets including Bass Boost, a rechargeable battery with up to 15 hours of wireless gaming life and mobile compatibility via mobile cable with in-line mic — all packed into an cutting-edge, affordable, simple-to-set-up fully wireless gaming headset.

€199.99

stealth420x_703x1004a.png

Has anyone got the Turtle Beach Stealth 500x?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I've had them since Christmas. Have to say I love them. The sound quality is excellent and the presets are all fully customisable.

Build quality is solid and I can go for a good few hours without them getting uncomfortable.

I'm getting around 15+ hours out of the battery, but I would suggest picking up a long mini USB cable in case of emergency as the supplied one is fairly short. (That's my major gripe actually, the fact it's a mini USB charge Port instead of a micro.)

You can also have your phone plugged in and listen to music, take calls etc.

Might be worthwhile looking at the elite 800 set if you have a few extra euros to spend though.

have em as well, I'd agree with everything ferrigan says, a couple of other things I have noticed with them, the ear cups themselves are a cloth material as opposed to the fake leather stuff you see on other headsets, and to my mind, they allow a good bit of sound to escape, not a deal breaker for most, but my mrs has complained of the "swarm of bees" effect when shes on the couch watching something on the laptop beside me.

The other thing I've seen people complain about is that the overall max volume isnt as loud as on other headsets. TBH, I've never found this an issue at all.

Finally, theres an ever so slight audio lag between the headset and the xbox, nothing that you'd notice when playing games, but if you're watching a movie and looking for it, you'll notice that the lip sync is slightly off. I'm connected via the optical cable, and when I use the tv speakers theres no lag, so perhaps the delay is on the processing and wireless transmitting side. , as I said though you wont notice it when gaming.

Cool thanks for the feedback lads. Yeah my old turtle beach weren't that loud either and used to annoy me, hopefully these are at least a little bit louder than they were.

My biggest fear for these is they break a year after buying them, just after warranty runs out as happened both my old sets.

Still have my xp500 and theyre in perfect condition if you were to look at them but the ****ing things won't transmit sound at all. If I were to pull them out now they might work fine for a few weeks but then stop all of a sudden.

So I just hope the same thing won't happen these. Apart from that fear, the Stealth 500x look and sound like they're the right job tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Cool thanks for the feedback lads. Yeah my old turtle beach weren't that loud either and used to annoy me, hopefully these are at least a little bit louder than they were.

My biggest fear for these is they break a year after buying them, just after warranty runs out as happened both my old sets.

Still have my xp500 and theyre in perfect condition if you were to look at them but the ****ing things won't transmit sound at all. If I were to pull them out now they might work fine for a few weeks but then stop all of a sudden.

So I just hope the same thing won't happen these. Apart from that fear, the Stealth 500x look and sound like they're the right job tho.

I've had no bother with the volume at all, in fact I have both volume controls down fairly low.

Advertisement