Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Headset Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Astro a50 transmitter has optical in & out also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Thanks all for the quick responses, it looks like a whole new world has just opened up to me. So it seems to be a straight shoot out between the Turtle Beach Ear Force Stealth and the Astro A50's.

I don't think my Bank Balance will thank you, however :)

Although, just one more question, if I may: If I just want sound through the TV (for watching TV and stuff) rather than Optical, will I need to go back in to the Xbox options and select HDMI audio every time?

(Thin walls between myself and the neighbours means that Surround sound system can't be on all the time, with all that Bass goodness.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Thanks all for the quick responses, it looks like a whole new world has just opened up to me. So it seems to be a straight shoot out between the Turtle Beach Ear Force Stealth and the Astro A50's.

I don't think my Bank Balance will thank you, however :)

Although, just one more question, if I may: If I just want sound through the TV (for watching TV and stuff) rather than Optical, will I need to go back in to the Xbox options and select HDMI audio every time?

(Thin walls between myself and the neighbours means that Surround sound system can't be on all the time, with all that Bass goodness.)

I've not actually looked at the settings, but audio plays through both simultaneously on mine, if I'm using the TB's just turn down the TV volume (or turn off the headset if it's the other way round).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Thanks again. I really appreciate the advice.

Also, the new generation of the astro a50's come with their own adapter so you dont need to go out to buy a new controller or a stereo headset adapter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Also the 500x are 100% wireless no cable to the controller

There is also the newer turtle beach 800x out.

It has a charing cradle

800x is a heap of ****... mic sounds terrible & has obnoxious voiceovers all over the place. got a refund for it & repurchased the astros

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Astro have announced a new updated version of the A40:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Astro have announced a new updated version of the A40
    Very nice. I am looking for a good headset for PC & XB1 so this looks promising.

Very nice. I am looking for a good headset for PC & XB1 so this looks promising.

You headset loving maniac you :D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,203 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Are the 500x the only wireless option then?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,938 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »

At the minute yes.

Astro are launching new A50s shortly though.
    I have the 500x and its so handy not having a wire anywhere. The only complaint I have is sometimes I forget to charge them and the charge cable is really short so really hard to charge and use at the same time.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    At the minute yes.

I have the 500x and its so handy not having a wire anywhere. The only complaint I have is sometimes I forget to charge them and the charge cable is really short so really hard to charge and use at the same time.

Where did you hear that? :(

emmetkenny wrote: »
    At the minute yes.

very same happens to me many a time have i been crouched in front of the xbox.

they always seem to go at the worst time.

i do miss the batteries that my x41s had

miralize wrote: »
    Where did you hear that? :(

It was mentioned in a YouTube video I was watching last week. Whoever it was said that the headset will be fully wireless.

I'll have a look see if I can find if again.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,203 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The Halo 5 Astro A40s:

lfw7t8n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The Halo 5 Astro A40s:

lfw7t8n.jpg

the cans are nice, but I wouldnt like the blue bit on the headpiece, the silver bit thats going into the controller is tacky looking too imo.

the cans are nice, but I wouldnt like the blue bit on the headpiece, the silver bit thats going into the controller is tacky looking too imo.

doesn't look very tasty kind of meh looking alright

the halo a50s are much nicer looking

edit: heres a better image

A40-HEADSET-ASTRO-GEN2-XB1-DARKCHROMEBLUE-BUNDLE_primary_2.png?sw=1024&sh=1024&sm=fit

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

dunworth1 wrote: »
    doesn't look very tasty kind of meh looking alright

the halo a50s are much nicer looking

edit: heres a better image

A40-HEADSET-ASTRO-GEN2-XB1-DARKCHROMEBLUE-BUNDLE_primary_2.png?sw=1024&sh=1024&sm=fit

ugh, its tack central when you see the better photo

Yeah I don't like the adapter at all.

• Advertisement

Yeah I don't like the adapter at all.

That adaptor only fits the old controller as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

It looks like there is barely enough room left to grip the controller with the adapter in place.

The previous Halo headset looked much nicer IMO.

Probably doesn't affect Europe but sharing in case:

"XO FOUR Stealth Gaming Headsets Recalled By Turtle Beach Due to Risk of Exposure to Mold"

http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2016/XO-FOUR-Stealth-Gaming-Headsets-Recalled-By-Turtle-Beach/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Feck sake, it would have to be the one I have wouldnt it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Hi guys, would I be right in saying that all I need is a 2.5mm to 3.5 mm converter to connect my old TB x11s to the Xbox one? Have them set up now and can get sound through them no problem but would obviously avoid spending 25 euro on the adaptor if possible, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭jonnybangbang

Mickeroo wrote:

emmetkenny wrote:
    At the minute yes.

I think the turtle beach 420x are also wireless. But they are only stereo where the 500x are 7.1 surround. I've been trying to decide which of these to get. Any suggestions? 420x is currently €140 in gamestop ( online). 500x currently €199 on turtle beach website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Ended up picking these up recently http://www.amazon.co.uk/Turtle-Beach-Force-Recon-Xbox/dp/B00YXO5U40/ref=sr_1_46?ie=UTF8&qid=1439045239&sr=8-46&keywords=xbox+one+headset

€39.99 in Argos- pleasantly surprised to be honest. In line volume controls and a mute switch, cable is about 1.2 meters long, comfortable fit and the sound is pretty good. Detachable mic as well so can be used as headphones. The only drawback is that mine have gone square as opposed to rounded on top but I imagine that's due to my head being rather wide. All in all though well worth €40

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Hey guys. Looks like I am stuck with xbox one a lot deeper then I expected lol. One roommate got xbox one Monday and other one is getting it tomorrow. I will need some headset.

So anything in the market for 50eu ish locally? Gamestop or argos?

Am I right to think that new controllers got proper 3.5 jacks like ps4 and can connect any headset directly as stereo and mic headset?
    And if I got older controller does it mean I will need to buy adaptor no matter what headset I buy? Won't it be more cost efficient to buy new controller amd some 3.5 headset? Last time I sow those adapters are 25eu, new controller is 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, anyone got experience with these? Are they decent for the price? I think they come with adapter too. So its prety much headset for 25eu

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3396436/Trail/searchtext%3EHEADSET.htm

• Advertisement

Guys, anyone got experience with these? Are they decent for the price? I think they come with adapter too. So its prety much headset for 25eu

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3396436/Trail/searchtext%3EHEADSET.htm

I think Failsafe is the headset expert around here but I'd go for the turtle beach xo one for €49.99 over anything mad catz makes: http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/c-751/xbox-one/p-10250/turtle-beach-xo-one-stereo-gaming-headset-for-xbox-one/

These also come with a stereo adapter, turtle beaches own version, not sure but I think it has mic monitoring.

Advertisement