Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Headset Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Cool thanks for the feedback lads. Yeah my old turtle beach weren't that loud either and used to annoy me, hopefully these are at least a little bit louder than they were.

My biggest fear for these is they break a year after buying them, just after warranty runs out as happened both my old sets.

Still have my xp500 and theyre in perfect condition if you were to look at them but the ****ing things won't transmit sound at all. If I were to pull them out now they might work fine for a few weeks but then stop all of a sudden.

So I just hope the same thing won't happen these. Apart from that fear, the Stealth 500x look and sound like they're the right job tho.
    If they break after a year you are still entitled to get them repaired or replaced. A warranty is just an addition to your rights, it doesn't supercede them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/-/ear-force-stealth-420x/790

Welcome to the Ear Force Stealth 420X, an officially-licensed Xbox One gaming headset with the freedom of 100% fully wireless, crystal-clear game and chat audio. The Stealth 420X comes loaded with a suite of must-have features for every Xbox gamer, including Mic Monitoring, independent game and chat audio controls, four audio presets including Bass Boost, a rechargeable battery with up to 15 hours of wireless gaming life and mobile compatibility via mobile cable with in-line mic — all packed into an cutting-edge, affordable, simple-to-set-up fully wireless gaming headset.

€199.99

stealth420x_703x1004a.png

They look like the 400P's for the PS4. They had the humming noise in the mic. Horrible things. And they were really uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,922 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lads I've a chance to pick up a new headset. I've a choice between the Turtlebeach 500x stealth or a set of A50 (XBO Ones) what would you guys recommend ?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,192 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

If I could afford it I'd be grabbing those stealth ones in a heartbeat, getting really sick of untangling wires every time I want to play.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    If I could afford it I'd be grabbing those stealth ones in a heartbeat, getting really sick of untangling wires every time I want to play.

Sorry Mick its A50s I can get or the Stealths. I mixed up what your man who's selling them meant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Sorry Mick its A50s I can get or the Stealths. I mixed up what your man who's selling them meant.
    I'd go with the A50s for how well they work cross platform however I don't know how well the stealths works cross platform...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I recently switched from A50's to TB Elite 800x.

I'm now in the process of returning the TB's and purchasing a pair of A50's again – sound quality superior, build quality superior and mic most definitely superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭dunworth1

do you have to use the chat adapter for the a50s?

dunworth1 wrote: »

Yes you do. I ended up going with the Stealth 500x after and I couldn't be happier :)

WEll you can use the 3.5mm connector too in the new controllers I'd say. The a50s have volume controls on the headset themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭dunworth1

emmetkenny wrote:
    Yes you do. I ended up going with the Stealth 500x after and I couldn't be happier

I've the stealth 500x myself great headset
    miralize wrote:
    WEll you can use the 3.5mm connector too in the new controllers I'd say. The a50s have volume controls on the headset themselves

Having to use any cable puts it a disadvantage in my opinion

Where as with my 500x I only have to press the power button no cables at all

I've the stealth 500x myself great headset

Having to use any cable puts it a disadvantage in my opinion

Where as with my 500x I only have to press the power button no cables at all

Thats the main reason I bought the 800x. But I'd rather have a functioning headset with 1 cable, over a headset with no cable and with a very poor mic design.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I see Argos have the XO One's for €62.99, anyone have any experience with them? Mighty tempted.

foxerv1 wrote: »
    I see Argos have the XO One's for €62.99, anyone have any experience with them? Mighty tempted.

I had a set of XO ones and I found them ok

They are very light and not the best build quality and after a while they do get a bit uncomfortable.

Saying that I got mine for €40 on Amazon Lighting Deal in November so couldn't complain.

I think MiskyBoy on here had a pair of Turtlebeach Earforce Atlas (Titalfall Ones) for sale. Might worth your while sending him a message on here or on Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

foxerv1 wrote: »
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    I had a set of XO ones and I found them ok

They are very light and not the best build quality and after a while they do get a bit uncomfortable.

Saying that I got mine for €40 on Amazon Lighting Deal in November so couldn't complain.

I think MiskyBoy on here had a pair of Turtlebeach Earforce Atlas (Titalfall Ones) for sale. Might worth your while sending him a message on here or on Xbox.

Sold my Atlas to a friend but I also had ordered these and they were pretty good for the price: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Turtle-Beach-Advanced-Warfare-Sentinel/dp/B00N1YZ4B2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439036148&sr=8-1&keywords=turtle+beach+sentinel

€52ish delivered.

They also include turtle beaches own stereo headset adapter which has mic monitoring & bass boost.

Sold my Atlas to a friend but I also had ordered these and they were pretty good for the price: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Turtle-Beach-Advanced-Warfare-Sentinel/dp/B00N1YZ4B2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1439036148&sr=8-1&keywords=turtle+beach+sentinel

€52ish delivered.

They also include turtle beaches own stereo headset adapter which has mic monitoring & bass boost.

Ah, i actually bought the Camo Controller so i wouldn't need the adaptor. Those are tempting though. I wonder is there much difference between them and the XO One's.

Can anyone recommend an ear bud mic headset that would work with a 3.5mm jack on the new Xbox One controller.

I tried the iPhone ear buds with mic and it didn't work.

I wonder, what about these these

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Can anyone recommend an ear bud mic headset that would work with a 3.5mm jack on the new Xbox One controller.

I tried the iPhone ear buds with mic and it didn't work.

Have you any that came with an android?

Have you any that came with an android?
    I don't have any android devices, if anyone has one maybe they can test the ear buds with the new covert forces controller.

I think it will be really handy just to plug in a pair and play.

• Advertisement

I don't have any android devices, if anyone has one maybe they can test the ear buds with the new covert forces controller.

I think it will be really handy just to plug in a pair and play.

Maybe it might, the only reason I suggest them is because a lot of them don't have the volume controls on them .

Maybe it might, the only reason I suggest them is because a lot of them don't have the volume controls on them .
    Once you attach into the 3.5mm jack on the controller the volume can be controlled by the Xbox One. It's a bit clumsy in the UI but I could see Xbox making some kind button combo to increase and decrease volume.

€52ish delivered.

Just wondering do these have inline controls? Ideally that's what I'd want.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,817 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I saw the Official Xbox One Stereo Headset for €43.34 at Base.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    I saw the Official Xbox One Stereo Headset for €43.34 at Base.com

I have used them before, while they work fine, the sound quality is poor enough.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Once you attach into the 3.5mm jack on the controller the volume can be controlled by the Xbox One. It's a bit clumsy in the UI but I could see Xbox making some kind button combo to increase and decrease volume.

They're almost certainly going to sort this out in the new UI, should hit preview next month, and then out to everyone else in November.

I tried these ear buds today to see if they work with the new Xbox One covert controller with the 3.5mm jack. The headset has a microphone also so I wanted to see would both in-game audio and the mic work.

They work perfectly with the controller. The voice is very clear in party chat and the in-game audio is good for the price. These are €16 in Tesco. I hate the shape of the ear buds but I just wanted to see if they'd work.

I think any mic and audio combo headset will work as long as it says univerasal some where on the box.

XcyLsHm.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Hi All,

There seems to be a few different opinions regarding headsets in the thread and I was wondering if there are any recommended stereo headsets that do decent virtual surround sound.

I would love to go all-in with a set of Astro A50's but that would mean plugging out my existing surround sound system from the Optical Audio out and messing with the settings and that wouldn't do (because it's hooked up as the main entertainment system and would be more hassle than it's worth).

I have the old "Day One" controllers, so would probably need the Stereo Headset adaptor, too.

Thanks in advance.

Hi All,

There seems to be a few different opinions regarding headsets in the thread and I was wondering if there are any recommended stereo headsets that do decent virtual surround sound.

I would love to go all-in with a set of Astro A50's but that would mean plugging out my existing surround sound system from the Optical Audio out and messing with the settings and that wouldn't do (because it's hooked up as the main entertainment system and would be more hassle than it's worth).

I have the old "Day One" controllers, so would probably need the Stereo Headset adaptor, too.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not 100% - I'll check tonight, but I think my turtle beach 500x actually has a pass through for the optical cable - i.e. the optical leaves the xb1, into the transmitter, and then theres another port on the transmitter to connect a second optical out.

* a quick google has confirmed that it does.

DSC_9889.jpg

its also fully wireless, so no faffing about with chat adapters or other cables.

• Advertisement

I'm not 100% - I'll check tonight, but I think my turtle beach 500x actually has a pass through for the optical cable - i.e. the optical leaves the xb1, into the transmitter, and then theres another port on the transmitter to connect a second optical out.

* a quick google has confirmed that it does.

DSC_9889.jpg

its also fully wireless, so no faffing about with chat adapters or other cables.

I picked up the 500x recently and I've to agree with Stine they are a great headset.

Advertisement