Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Headset Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Anybody got these? If so, how do they perform with the console?

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/mobile-headsets/ear-force-px51/346

Well I have the PX5 version which are pretty similar. Have them 3 years, very solid headphones. One wee problem you'll find is that the wireless signal from your router might mess with the sound feed. Otherwise I wouldn't fault them.

P.S this should be posted in the headset thread btw. Sorry mods....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Anybody got these? If so, how do they perform with the console?

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/mobile-headsets/ear-force-px51/346

What I can say is it looks really like my Turtle Beach Tango headset that I got recently in GameStop for €110. Works really good with Xbox One and XB360.

7999344.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

What I can say is it looks really like my Turtle Beach Tango headset that I got recently in GameStop for €110. Works really good with Xbox One and XB360.

Woah you got them after?

This is the last I remember you saying of them.... lol

The Turtle Beach Tango's aren't quite jumping out at me.

Great price definitely. However it essentially changes a wireless headset into a wired headset.

They have 5.1 surround sound, the 500X will have 7.1 totally wireless with no chat adapter needed for a little over €200.

The 500X, XO4 and XO7 where all optimized for the Xbox One whereas the Tangos were optimized for XB360 & PS3 when they were released. The positive reviews I read on Amazon date back before the Xbox One.

I think I'll go up the extra €100 and stick with the 500X.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Woah you got them after?

This is the last I remember you saying of them.... lol

That was my first impression.

Soon after posting it I did a great deal of research into them before making the purchase.

The Tangos have Bluetooth functionality that isn't in the Stealth 500X, I can take phone calls while gaming and I can listen to music from my iphone while farming in Destiny :D

There is also a mod that allows the headset to be 100% wireless from the transmitter, game sound and chat so I thought it was well worth buying for €110.

That was my first impression.

Soon after posting it I did a great deal of research into them before making the purchase.

The Tangos have Bluetooth functionality that isn't in the Stealth 500X, I can take phone calls while gaming and I can listen to music from my iphone while farming in Destiny :D

There is also a mod that allows the headset to be 100% wireless from the transmitter, game sound and chat so I thought it was well worth buying for €110.

You are the boards.ie headset whore from what I gather lol

Yeah the bluetooth phone calls are very handy, the voice morpher also works with the phone calls too if you're into that kind of thing ;) :P

What's this mod that allows it to be 100% wireless? Was it posted on this thread before or something different?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Could someone inform me of all the details about the Xbox headset adapter and does it work with Xbox 360 turtle beach x12?

You are the boards.ie headset whore from what I gather lol

Yeah the bluetooth phone calls are very handy, the voice morpher also works with the phone calls too if you're into that kind of thing ;) :P

What's this mod that allows it to be 100% wireless? Was it posted on this thread before or something different?

lol, Thats Dark Knight wherever he is. He has a headset for every day of the week.

Iv'e been having fun with the voice morpher in party chat, I haven't used it for phone calls, YET :eek:

The mod is an original Xbox One headset combined with the bluetooth adapter that comes with the Tangos.

Could someone inform me of all the details about the Xbox headset adapter and does it work with Xbox 360 turtle beach x12?

Does the headset hook to the console via optical audio or plug into the scart cable (red white cable)? The adapter allows any headset to connect to the controller if it worked on the 360, all depends on how the headset connects to the actual console.

For the X12's you'll need the Stereo headset adapter. The only thing to note is when you are plugging in the chat cable from the X12 headset into the adapter you must reverse the cable. So the connection that goes into the Xbox 360 controller will now be the part that plugs into the X12's volume control and the other end goes into the adapter.

41jbYPK21QL._SX300_.jpg

If your TV has this output shown below all you'll only need the Xbox One stereo headset adapter.

2ms52lz.jpg

If your TV does not have this output you'll need this jack below which will plug into your TV's headphone jack.

2119hjd.jpg

Essentially the game audio is coming from the TV and the chat is coming from the Xbox stereo headset adapter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Just while we're on the subject, will the Turtle Beach X42's work with the One via the stereo headset adapter?

• Advertisement

Myrddin wrote: »
    Just while we're on the subject, will the Turtle Beach X42's work with the One via the stereo headset adapter?

Yeah they should work fine. Game audio will work as normal same as it did on 360 but for the chat function you will need to get the chat adapter alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Grand, cheers for that. That adapter seems pricey, argos list is at about €25!

Think I bought mine from the Irish Microsoft store for €20 free delivery at the time.

Yeah €26.49 in Argos. €22.99 in Smyths if any use to ya: http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/xbox-one/c-754/xbox-one-accessories/p-8650/xbox-one-stereo-headset-adaptor/?cmp=cel&trigger=ac

For the X12's you'll need the Stereo headset adapter. The only thing to note is when you are plugging in the chat cable from the X12 headset into the adapter you must reverse the cable. So the connection that goes into the Xbox 360 controller will now be the part that plugs into the X12's volume control and the other end goes into the adapter.

41jbYPK21QL._SX300_.jpg

If your TV has this output shown below all you'll only need the Xbox One stereo headset adapter.

2ms52lz.jpg

If your TV does not have this output you'll need this jack below which will plug into your TV's headphone jack.

2119hjd.jpg

Essentially the game audio is coming from the TV and the chat is coming from the Xbox stereo headset adapter.

Thank you very much I must say your reply was extremely helpful and the photos especially. Merry Christmas bro, you deserve it. Also what's the name of the headphone jack thing? Can't seem to find it online

Thank you very much I must say your reply was extremely helpful and the photos especially. Merry Christmas bro, you deserve it. Also what's the name of the headphone jack thing? Can't seem to find it online

Good ole failesafe :D

3.5mm stereo male to dual RCA female adapter

http://www.dabs.ie/products/c2g-3-5mm-stereo-male-to-dual-rca-female-audio-adapter-63TR.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

I have adabter that i don't use will let it go for 15 \20 euro

naughto wrote: »

Thanks for the offer but I doubt I'll be getting an adaptor for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

naughto wrote: »

Hey naughto, are you based in Dublin? I've been meaning to pick up one of these for a while but now it seems to be out of stock everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

No I am down whest in mayo.I can post it to you if you would like if u cover the postage it will save me having to deal with the gobsh1tes on adverts looking for swaps it does my head in that sh1te.throw me a pm an we can do a deal

I also have the tritton karma headset for sale got it as a gift but I prefer the turtlebeach ones that I have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Ok, my Turtle Beach Tango's are either faulty or something dodgy's going on lol

Have them just over a month and just the other night they've start randomly emitting a VERY loud screeching noise that scares the absolute sh-ite out of me because it's very loud and deafens me! Sounds like a mix between a banshee and a dying dog!

Ok, my Turtle Beach Tango's are either faulty or something dodgy's going on lol

Have them just over a month and just the other night they've start randomly emitting a VERY loud screeching noise that scares the absolute sh-ite out of me because it's very loud and deafens me! Sounds like a mix between a banshee and a dying dog!
    It could be da missus shouting out ya, glance around when you hear it just to be sure :pac:

Thats odd, maybe download the update for the headset again and see if that sorts it out.

It could be da missus shouting out ya, glance around when you hear it just to be sure :pac:

Thats odd, maybe download the update for the headset again and see if that sorts it out.

Lol. Not in this instance it's not :P

Aye, I might do that actually but it could be a day later before it does it again so guess I will have to wait and see.

****ing scares the ****e out of me tho! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Lol. Not in this instance it's not :P

Aye, I might do that actually but it could be a day later before it does it again so guess I will have to wait and see.

****ing scares the ****e out of me tho! lol

wasnt one of the controller updates to do with the chat adapter? maybe try that as well. when you say high pitch noises, is it like feedback you'd hear at a concert or is it more like the kind of noise you'd hear when your modem was connecting to the internet with dial up?

wasnt one of the controller updates to do with the chat adapter? maybe try that as well. when you say high pitch noises, is it like feedback you'd hear at a concert or is it more like the kind of noise you'd hear when your modem was connecting to the internet with dial up?

More like neither... I'm not joking when I say it sounds like a dying dog, it's very strange lol. I'll try all them updates there now anyway.

Controller & adapter were up to date. Not certain but think headset firmware might have went from 7.0 to 7.2. Now I'll wait and see. In the mean time I've emailed Gamestop to see what my options are. No harm in being pro active :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I currently have the one turtle beach X12 headset connected on my son's xbox360. This is connected to the controller and the back of the box. I was wondering if it is possible to get a 2nd headset for a second controller and also have this connected to the rear of the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,883 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

RosieJoe wrote: »
    I currently have the one turtle beach X12 headset connected on my son's xbox360. This is connected to the controller and the back of the box. I was wondering if it is possible to get a 2nd headset for a second controller and also have this connected to the rear of the box?

You could get a headset that connects via the optical cable. That might let two run at once

• Advertisement

Turtle Beach are launching their own 2 headset adapters.

They seem to have mic monitoring built in as well as the voice morphing features.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/xbox-one-adapters-accessories/ear-force-headset-audio-controller/644

& more expensive model:

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/xbox-one-adapters-accessories/ear-force-headset-audio-controller-plus/645

Now please release a bluetooth version so I can use my Tangos fully wireless, cheers :D

Note: If the link doesn't bring you straight to the adapters then both are here: http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/accessories/xbox-one-adapters

Advertisement