Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Headset Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The Turtle Beach Tango's aren't quite jumping out at me.

Great price definitely. However it essentially changes a wireless headset into a wired headset.

They have 5.1 surround sound, the 500X will have 7.1 totally wireless with no chat adapter needed for a little over €200.

The 500X, XO4 and XO7 where all optimized for the Xbox One whereas the Tangos were optimized for XB360 & PS3 when they were released. The positive reviews I read on Amazon date back before the Xbox One.

I think I'll go up the extra €100 and stick with the 500X.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

The Turtle Beach Tango's aren't quite jumping out at me.

Great price definitely. However it essentially changes a wireless headset into a wired headset.

They have 5.1 surround sound, the 500X will have 7.1 totally wireless with no chat adapter needed for a little over €200.

The 500X, XO4 and XO7 where all optimized for the Xbox One whereas the Tangos were optimized for XB360 & PS3 when they were released. The positive reviews I read on Amazon date back before the Xbox One.

I think I'll go up the extra €100 and stick with the 500X.

Ahh yeah, it would be personal preference really. Personally the wire going from headset to controller doesn't bother me at all. I already have the chat adapter so I'm set to go once I receive them.

The 7.1 over 5.1 doesn't bother me at all. I went from Turtle Beach Ear Force X4 which were 5.1 to the XP500 which were 7.1 and they never sounded as good as the X4's at all :(

I'll soon find out if I like these ones, as I said I don't mind the chat cable but I could always sell them on and get the 500X in the new year :p

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Ahh yeah, it would be personal preference really. Personally the wire going from headset to controller doesn't bother me at all. I already have the chat adapter so I'm set to go once I receive them.

The 7.1 over 5.1 doesn't bother me at all. I went from Turtle Beach Ear Force X4 which were 5.1 to the XP500 which were 7.1 and they never sounded as good as the X4's at all :(

I'll soon find out if I like these ones, as I said I don't mind the chat cable but I could always sell them on and get the 500X in the new year :p
    Good stuff, does the wire go into the headset directly or does it go into the receiver.

Good stuff, does the wire go into the headset directly or does it go

Yeah it goes straight into the headset from the chat adapter, same as my XP500's. You can see the port in this pic:http://cdn-assets.turtlebeach.com/products/27/images/large_image_4.jpg

likey wrote: »
    thats only a 3 pole one. you need a 4 pole for it to fully work as a stereo headset and mic

As anticipated, you were indeed correct! Received it today. Game audio works fine but no chat audio like you said. I never knew about 3 pole/4 pole difference before. You learn something new everyday :D

Is there any Irish listing on ebay.ie or adverts or some website in Ireland that has this in 4 pole that I could order today and have maybe tomorrow or at least Wednesday?

Or would I get this in a music shop/ electronics shop? Waterford city or Wexford town.

• Advertisement

As anticipated, you were indeed correct! Received it today. Game audio works fine but no chat audio like you said. I never knew about 3 pole/4 pole difference before. You learn something new everyday :D

Is there any Irish listing on ebay.ie or adverts or some website in Ireland that has this in 4 pole that I could order today and have maybe tomorrow or at least Wednesday?

Or would I get this in a music shop/ electronics shop? Waterford city or Wexford town.
    Found out the other day that the Tango headset can be modded to do wireless chat on the XB1.

The 360 Bluetooth adapter that came with the headset can be dismantled and soldered to a chat adapter.
    Look for Xbox one Bluetooth mod on Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Found out the other day that the Tango headset can be modded to do wireless chat on the XB1.

The 360 Bluetooth adapter that came with the headset can be dismantled and soldered to a chat adapter.
    Look for Xbox one Bluetooth mod on Google.

having gone down this road with my x12's I'd only recommend it if you are really proficient at soldering / desoldering. I had to do mine 3 or 4 times before they stopped crackling or started working.

I used this guide btw
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Xbox-One-25mm-Headset-Adapter/

the wires are tiny and whilst its still working for me now some 10 months later, there was a stage where i thought I'd never get it working.

Yeah I did see that earlier this year but don't think I'd be able for the soldering part myself. Only soldering I've ever done was basic wire, switch & led back in engineering in secondary school :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Yeah I did see that earlier this year but don't think I'd be able for the soldering part myself. Only soldering I've ever done was basic wire, switch & led back in engineering in secondary school :P

I'd only done work with much heavier gauge wire as well. sweet jesus, the pain from burning your fingertips off a soldering iron is intense. I could hardly use the right bumper on the controller it was so bad :mad:

having gone down this road with my x12's I'd only recommend it if you are really proficient at soldering / desoldering. I had to do mine 3 or 4 times before they stopped crackling or started working.

I used this guide btw
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Xbox-One-25mm-Headset-Adapter/

the wires are tiny and whilst its still working for me now some 10 months later, there was a stage where i thought I'd never get it working.

Thanks Stone, I'll be looking for someone experienced to work on mine. I couldn't imagine attempting it myself [insert shakey hands]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

My tritton trigger headset is after packing in so im looking for someone to recommend a decent headset for xb1. Its mainly used for gamesound rather than chat as none of my friends have xb1, also i only want a headset with the 1 wire going to the adaptor . And about 70eur would be my limit thanks

rottie 11 wrote: »
    My tritton trigger headset is after packing in so im looking for someone to recommend a decent headset for xb1. Its mainly used for gamesound rather than chat as none of my friends have xb1, also i only want a headset with the 1 wire going to the adaptor . And about 70eur would be my limit thanks

The XO One by Turtle Beach.

It comes with TB's own chat adapter which will give you mic monitoring and bass control.
    This headset has just hit the market for Xbox One.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2889298/Trail/searchtext%3EXO+ONE.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

wes wrote: »
    According to game.co.uk there out 21st of November now. Amazon haven't updated there page yet.

I got an email this morning saying they will be delivered to me by Tuesday 18th....hopefully they do! COD is pissing off the wife and with a 10 month old, wireless headphones are a must lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

dricko_lim wrote: »
    I got an email this morning saying they will be delivered to me by Tuesday 18th....hopefully they do! COD is pissing off the wife and with a 10 month old, wireless headphones are a must lol

Got the same email as well this morning. Good stuff, hopefully they actually have gotten some stock.

The XO One by Turtle Beach.

It comes with TB's own chat adapter which will give you mic monitoring and bass control.
    This headset has just hit the market for Xbox One.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2889298/Trail/searchtext%3EXO+ONE.htm

Seems decent but does it have loads of wires? Id rather just plug it into the adaptor tbh

Seems decent but does it have loads of wires? Id rather just plug it into the adaptor tbh

It has just one wire from the adapter to the headset.

It has just one wire from the adapter to the headset.

Ok thanks for the info.

Think il go ahead with either that one or else this on

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/tritton-kunai-stereo-headset-black/1453162502.prd?_requestid=146646

Do you know if that one has only one wire? And if its a decent headset

Ok thanks for the info.

Think il go ahead with either that one or else this on

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/tritton-kunai-stereo-headset-black/1453162502.prd?_requestid=146646

Do you know if that one has only one wire? And if its a decent headset

The Tritton has 1 wire just like the Turtle Beach headset.

I can't say if the Tritton headset is decent unfortunately. I don't know anyone that has them at the moment. There are plenty of reviews on YouTube of both headsets which you may find helpful.

I can't say if the Tritton headset is decent unfortunately. I don't know anyone that has them at the moment. There are plenty of reviews on YouTube of both headsets which you may find helpful.

Ok thanks wil hav a look at youtube

Ok thanks wil hav a look at youtube

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,500 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Can anyone recommend a decent (around 100 yoyo) wireless headset that will also work on PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Emmo-m-

Anyone own the SteelSeries H wireless headset? Contemplating getting a set but a bit weary at the price point.

http://steelseries.com/products/audio/steelseries-h-wireless

It's a toss up between those and the new TurtleBeach Stealth 500x but I've recently read a few bad reviews of those.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/xbox-one-headsets/ear-force-stealth-500x/552

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

wes wrote: »
    Got the same email as well this morning. Good stuff, hopefully they actually have gotten some stock.

Dispatched! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

dricko_lim wrote: »
    Dispatched! :D

Preparing to dispatch for me, so should be on its way soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Got my turtle beach stealth 500x delivered today :cool:

First impressions are good they are nice and light on my head simple to setup just plug and play sound is great coking from them so far nice and clear. The presets are a little confusing but there is a noticeable difference between the presets.

ps Dont forget to update the headset

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭dunworth1

having spent the night with the stealth 500x sitting on my head i found them
    comfortable enough for the four hours i was playing.
    my ears did start to get a little warm near the end of the night.

the wireless is solid with no cracks and drops that i noticed.

so far i'm happy with them

Quick question , can you use a set of headphones instead of headset just for gamesound? Would it work to just plug the headphones into the adaptor?

rottie 11 wrote:
    Quick question , can you use a set of headphones instead of headset just for gamesound? Would it work to just plug the headphones into the adaptor?

Yes it will work. and with a lot of earphones with in line mic that come with mobile phones some of the mics will work too.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Emmo-m-

Is there any way to split the adapter so I can plug in a mic and headphones separately?

I have a set of Sennheiser HD 555's that I still want to use but can't use a mic with them if I plug into adapter. Quite ridiculous really. Just making you buy their stereo headset and the adapter!

• Advertisement

Yes it will work. and with a lot of earphones with in line mic that come with mobile phones some of the mics will work too.

Ya just want game sound for now tho. Thanks for that

Advertisement