Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Headset Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

wes wrote: »
    Preparing to dispatch for me, so should be on its way soon.

did you get your yet? Mine still hasnt been delivered and was dispatched on Thursday...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

Looking at getting a set of headphones for xbone and PC. Its between xp400 and the 500x stealth. The 400 are about 100 cheaper, but will they work with xbone? The few Amazon reviews of the 500x aren't super, so not sure they are worth the extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

voxpop wrote: »
    Looking at getting a set of headphones for xbone and PC. Its between xp400 and the 500x stealth. The 400 are about 100 cheaper, but will they work with xbone? The few Amazon reviews of the 500x aren't super, so not sure they are worth the extra.

The xp400 will work with the XB1. You will just need to get the stereo chat adapter to enable to chat on them! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭voxpop

That the 40 quid adapter ? Will the xp400 be 5.1 or stereo ?

voxpop wrote: »
    That the 40 quid adapter ? Will the xp400 be 5.1 or stereo ?

The 22.99 from Smyths adapter: http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/xbox-one/c-754/xbox-one-accessories/p-8650/xbox-one-stereo-headset-adaptor/

Yes it will be 5.1 if connected via the optical port.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

i have one for sale at 21 euro
    used it ony a few times

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

dricko_lim wrote: »
    did you get your yet? Mine still hasnt been delivered and was dispatched on Thursday...

No, not yet, my estimated delivery is for today. I am actually waiting on a DVD, I ordered from Amazon as well, and that was due Monday. Amazon are normally good with deliveries (normally get stuff 1 day before there own estimate), but the odd time they are late, so wouldn't be too worried.

No, not yet, my estimated delivery is for today. I am actually waiting on a DVD, I ordered from Amazon as well, and that was due Monday. Amazon are normally good with deliveries (normally get stuff 1 day before there own estimate), but the odd time they are late, so wouldn't be too worried.

Mine arrived this morning, delivery estimate was Monday

Mine arrived this morning, delivery estimate was Monday

So based on that, I will probably see mine Friday then, and get my DVD today, as there estimates seem to be off by 2 days.

Let us know how well it works, when you get a chance.

So based on that, I will probably see mine Friday then, and get my DVD today, as there estimates seem to be off by 2 days.

Let us know how well it works, when you get a chance.

Will do but wont be until tomorrow night (if i'm lucky) until I get a chance to use them though. One thing that is annoying is the cloth bit covering the inside of one of the headphones seems to be a bit loose (i.e too much fabric) as the other one is tight... other than that they look the business.

• Advertisement

They are well worth the money in my opinion....love them the sound is great! I set my preset for COD to surround sound, footstep awareness, shooter & Super Human Hearing - works a treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,300 ✭✭✭dunworth1

They are well worth the money in my opinion....love them the sound is great! I set my preset for COD to surround sound, footstep awareness, shooter & Super Human Hearing - works a treat!

yep ive had mine for just over a week now very happy with it

Got mine, only had a quick look before work, but how did you set 3 presets at the same time, I have only been able to figure out how to do surround and shooter together.

They sound good, and the complaints I heard in regards to them not being loud, isn't something I noticed, as I didn't have them all the way up sometimes, and had to lower it back down for being too loud. Don't know, maybe some people over do the sound or something.

Will have to try some movies and music as well, as there are settings for those as well.

Got mine, only had a quick look before work, but how did you set 3 presets at the same time, I have only been able to figure out how to do surround and shooter together.

They sound good, and the complaints I heard in regards to them not being loud, isn't something I noticed, as I didn't have them all the way up sometimes, and had to lower it back down for being too loud. Don't know, maybe some people over do the sound or something.

Will have to try some movies and music as well, as there are settings for those as well.

Make sure you update the firmware here and you can also amend the presets to what you want (each preset has four different types of sound settings).

I have no issue with the sound, max volume is way too loud. Some people must be really deaf!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Make sure you update the firmware here and you can also amend the presets to what you want (each preset has four different types of sound settings).

I have no issue with the sound, max volume is way too loud. Some people must be really deaf!

what?

Just checked it on lunch there and seen the options to change them, will try a few of them.

From turning up there headsets up too loud :D.

what?

What are you confused about and i'll better explain :) it comes with 4 different sound options for various set ups i.e games, music, movies etc. But each set up, say games, can be then changed further using over twenty individual sound settings to a maximum of four of these settings per preset.

You can therefore if only gaming have a setting for say COD, Forza, Fifa and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

What are you confused about and i'll better explain :) it comes with 4 different sound options for various set ups i.e games, music, movies etc. But each set up, say games, can be then changed further using over twenty individual sound settings to a maximum of four of these settings per preset.

You can therefore if only gaming have a setting for say COD, Forza, Fifa and so on.

You missed the joke.

You missed the joke.

Show me the door, i'm some tool lol :o

• Registered Users Posts: 27,883 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Guys looking for a bit of advice here. I've a set of tritton warheads sitting on the shelf at home and I'm going to sell them on. What would ye think would be a reasonable price to sell them for ?

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Guys looking for a bit of advice here. I've a set of tritton warheads sitting on the shelf at home and I'm going to sell them on. What would ye think would be a reasonable price to sell them for ?

€75 to buy in CeX. So if you can get any more than that, go for it! I'd use that as a marker if it was me.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    €75 to buy in CeX. So if you can get any more than that, go for it! I'd use that as a marker if it was me.

Thanks man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Just put my Polk 4 Shots up on adverts if anyone's interested - http://www.adverts.ie/6934345

VeVeX wrote: »
    Just put my Polk 4 Shots up on adverts if anyone's interested - http://www.adverts.ie/6934345

How come your selling ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭VeVeX

How come your selling ?

No particular reason other than Ive barely used them.

VeVeX wrote: »
    No particular reason other than Ive barely used them.

I would have got them off you only I ordered ones off amazon on Saturday.

I'd say they will sell quick enough.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

I got the xo ones on amazon the other day. Worked out at around €35. The sound is ok for the price but the headset itself feels very plasticity.
    I'd personally send the extra bit on the xo four.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I got the xo ones on amazon the other day. Worked out at around €35. The sound is ok for the price but the headset itself feels very plasticity.
    I'd personally send the extra bit on the xo four.

The XO four does not have mic monitoring feature and a bass boost.

The XO fours are sturdier.

• Advertisement

The Razer Kraken are coming to Xbox ONE. 7.1 virtual surround sound for a very reasonable €99.99 straight from Razer's website. On sale from the 12th December...

http://www.razerzone.com/eu-en/store/razer-kraken-xbox-one

940x573-kraken-xboxone-hero-2.png

Advertisement