Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Be still my beating heart:

2ak9rmp.jpg

Not entirely perfect at the back, and no Chelsea defenders is a price I've paid but ain't she beautiful all the same :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

OI2qRn3.png

Any tips or advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

2ak9rmp.jpg

Not entirely perfect at the back, and no Chelsea defenders is a price I've paid but ain't she beautiful all the same :)

Will Johnny Evans get his game this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

QPR are getting some lad from juventus plays on the right hand side so simpson maybe under pressure.

QPR are getting some lad from juventus plays on the right hand side so simpson maybe under pressure.

Isla is it?

That would be very unfortunate

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Will Johnny Evans get his game this season?

I would expect so with LVG going with 3 at the back and 2 wingbacks. He might even be made captain yet. There's an article about him on one of the other threads.

Isla is it?

That would be very unfortunate

Could be he is from chile cant remember the name.

Could be he is from chile cant remember the name.

Yeah thats him alright, Maurico Isla I think. Well we'll see what price he'll be so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

532a1eb8f84ac6644cc1eb0f1e76b249.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Foster
    SUN (H)

Shaw
    SWA (H)

Pieters
    AVL (H)

Debuchy
    CRY (H)

Terry
    BUR (A)

Sánchez
    CRY (H)

Fábregas
    BUR (A)

Young
    SWA (H)

Giroud
    CRY (H)

Rooney
    SWA (H)

Lukaku
    LEI (A)

As THE worst FF player in cash leagues, any tips or hints are really welcome.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,829 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Foster
    SUN (H)

Shaw
    SWA (H)

Pieters
    AVL (H)

Debuchy
    CRY (H)

Terry
    BUR (A)

Sánchez
    CRY (H)

Fábregas
    BUR (A)

Young
    SWA (H)

Giroud
    CRY (H)

Rooney
    SWA (H)

Lukaku
    LEI (A)

Thanks

You're doing pretty ok apart from Ashley Young. Maybe Gaston Ramirez, Joe Cole or a soon to be loaned out Victor Moses instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

2rqejhh.jpg

Getting close to my final team-

Gk rotation other than that team stays the same.
    I plan to WC in first few weeks to catch price rises- so its a team largely proven in FF with good fixtures. Not keen on 3 manu and chelsea- but its the best balance bar some slight shifting in def in coming friendlies. advice appreciated?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

CSF wrote: »
    You're doing pretty ok apart from Ashley Young. Maybe Gaston Ramirez, Joe Cole or a soon to be loaned out Victor Moses instead?

I'm guessing that team was picked during/after United's defeat of Madrid tonight with Mr Young getting a brace.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Shaw
    SWA
    Young
    SWA

Thanks

Those 2 players are competing for the same place.
    So maybe not the best idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Getting closer to the final team

Mannone
    Mert, Skrtel, Vlaar
    Mata, Ramsey, Fabregas, Johnson
    Rooney, Sturridge, Welbeck

Still not 100% on Welbeck. Playing well in the preseason but doubtful to get game time when RVP is back in the team. Not sure on Skrtel or Vlaar either.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

1st draft.

All help welcome

ojh5e9.png

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Would change Willian and van Persie. Can't see Willian being nailed in the Chelsea team and Rooney is better value than RVP. Hazard and Giroud instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

willian. your the 1st team ive seen him in. and good reason for that. also rvp and rooney overkill. pick 1. most going for Rooney. but up to yourself. also Diouf is a bit of a gamble, but i'm sure you know that. otherwise your squad looks pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Anybody got any advice?

De gea

Davis(spurs) Terry Oshea

Toure hazard puncheon ramsey

Rooney giroud Fletcher (sun)

Myhil king Bruce moore (leic)

I have 1. 5 in the bank.

I could upgrade some players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Happy enough with the attached, I feel Can is worth the punt given the noises he's making pre-season. He could nail down a starting berth between Gerrard losing mobility and Lallana being injured.

I think the midfield needs maybe a bit of beefing (not sure Sterling will start every week, if SWP will start for QPR etc) but I'm happy to hold fire.

• Advertisement

Happy enough with the attached, I feel Can is worth the punt given the noises he's making pre-season. He could nail down a starting berth between Gerrard losing mobility and Lallana being injured.

I think the midfield needs maybe a bit of beefing (not sure Sterling will start every week, if SWP will start for QPR etc) but I'm happy to hold fire.

Can will play a deep lying midfielder , they don't normally pick up points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Can will play a deep lying midfielder , they don't normally pick up points.

Strikes me as a box to box type player with an eye for a killer pass. Maybe I'm wrong but as I said, I reckon it's worth the initial punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Really like this team, especially for GW1. 8 players playing at home (9 if I start Cameron over Siggy) plus two Chelsea players against Burnley.

9s583b.png

GK
    Standard De Gea + £4m. Not really considering anything else. Need to have either a United keeper or defender with their opening fixtures, and Shaw's place just isn't guaranteed. Easy decision imo.

DF
    Defense has been causing me the most problems, but I'm really happy with this. Two strong players in Terry and Debuchy, both well capable of getting a goal or assist. Huth is an unusual one, but I fancy Stoke to get 10+ clean sheets this season. I would possibly rest Debuchy in GW4 and 6, as I think doubling up on Stoke defenders (at home) these weeks could work. The obvious issues with my defence are Cameron and Dummett not being guaranteed to start, but I'll keep an eye on pre-season line ups. There are plenty of £4.5 players that will start (Vlaar etc), and I need to guarantee at least one of my bench is nailed on!

MF
    Can't see this changing before GW1. The £9m+ midfielders poll simply reinforced what I was thinking.

ST
    The £6m striker spot is still up for grabs, currently on Austin based on his brace last night but worried about Remy staying at QPR. Ings has such a horrible run of fixtures at the start, and I really want to focus on GW1 with the wildcard in mind. I've swapped Dzeko out for Giroud as I think he's a safer option, and should get more chances now with Sanchez and Ramsey supporting him. Rooney is a no-brainer.

So what do people think? Ignore the weak bench as this can be strengthened at the same price. Definitely think its the strongest 11 I've built to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

Soft falling rain;

Looks to me a bit like you've gone a bit heavy on Liverpool there, they've a pretty tough start to the season as well as do city. Would consider bringing rooney/rvp in for aguero/sturridge. Their fixtures are pretty good at the start. Hard to manage the cash but would have thought one of the mids from chelsea/arsenal would be a good shout in place of barkley. Everton have a tough run at the start too from what I saw.

Opinions on this team? I've had a habit of getting burned at the start the last couple of seasons and hoping to have the wildcard for a bit longer this time around! Starters in bold.

Gk; DDG and Howard

Def; Bruce, Debuchy, Luis. Davies, Moore

Mid; Fab, Sterling, De Jong, Ramsey, Puncheon

Fwd; Rooney (c), Ade, Campbell

Not sure on Ade or sterling. Would have liked to get Sturridge in there but don't think he'll score as well as Rooney tho so not sure how I'd manage it. Also wary of leaving yaya out, way too much choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭G1032

roryc wrote: »
    So what do people think? Ignore the weak bench as this can be strengthened at the same price. Definitely think its the strongest 11 I've built to date.

Very strong I think. I'd not be inclined to go for Debuchy myself so early the season. Arsenal have a few though games in the opening 7 weeks. He's also picks up a lot of yellow cards. He got 8 of them last season and one red. Not a deal breaker by any means but as I've often heard said about this game, every point counts.

roryc wrote: »
    Really like this team, especially for GW1. 8 players playing at home (9 if I start Cameron over Siggy) plus two Chelsea players against Burnley.

GK
    Standard De Gea + £4m. Not really considering anything else. Need to have either a United keeper or defender with their opening fixtures, and Shaw's place just isn't guaranteed. Easy decision imo.

DF
    Defense has been causing me the most problems, but I'm really happy with this. Two strong players in Terry and Debuchy, both well capable of getting a goal or assist. Huth is an unusual one, but I fancy Stoke to get 10+ clean sheets this season. I would possibly rest Debuchy in GW4 and 6, as I think doubling up on Stoke defenders (at home) these weeks could work. The obvious issues with my defence are Cameron and Dummett not being guaranteed to start, but I'll keep an eye on pre-season line ups. There are plenty of £4.5 players that will start (Vlaar etc), and I need to guarantee at least one of my bench is nailed on!

MF
    Can't see this changing before GW1. The £9m+ midfielders poll simply reinforced what I was thinking.

ST
    The £6m striker spot is still up for grabs, currently on Austin based on his brace last night but worried about Remy staying at QPR. Ings has such a horrible run of fixtures at the start, and I really want to focus on GW1 with the wildcard in mind. I've swapped Dzeko out for Giroud as I think he's a safer option, and should get more chances now with Sanchez and Ramsey supporting him. Rooney is a no-brainer.

Sorry can't see your image, any chance you could name your midfield?

Soft falling rain;

Looks to me a bit like you've gone a bit heavy on Liverpool there, they've a pretty tough start to the season as well as do city. Would consider bringing rooney/rvp in for aguero/sturridge. Their fixtures are pretty good at the start. Hard to manage the cash but would have thought one of the mids from chelsea/arsenal would be a good shout in place of barkley. Everton have a tough run at the start too from what I saw.

Opinions on this team? I've had a habit of getting burned at the start the last couple of seasons and hoping to have the wildcard for a bit longer this time around! Starters in bold.

Gk; DDG and Howard

Def; Bruce, Debuchy, Luis. Davies, Moore

Mid; Fab, Sterling, De Jong, Ramsey, Puncheon

Fwd; Rooney (c), Ade, Campbell

Not sure on Ade or sterling. Would have liked to get Sturridge in there but don't think he'll score as well as Rooney tho so not sure how I'd manage it. Also wary of leaving yaya out, way too much choice!

Bit expensive for goal keepers I think, also there are so many question marks around Luis, fab, de jong , ade and sterling. also have you enough captain options?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭G1032

Any opinions on this? Feedback welcome. 1.0m left itb

a0ba8ffa1a3fd1933a16188c66c03e49.png

Id pick that team again and put football loyalties to one side before you do. A utd attacking player is a must have to start off with for example. Lots of risky picks ,3 liverpool players you need guaranteed starters Can, swp etc are not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

G1032 wrote: »
    Any opinions on this? Feedback welcome. 1.0m left itb

a0ba8ffa1a3fd1933a16188c66c03e49.png

I really like this one. The extra mil will be useful in upgrading fletcher or the bench after the first round of games

Advertisement