Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

burrenguy wrote: »
    Second draft. How is this looking?

I would play DeGea instead of Szczesny and downgrade Shaw to Debuchy. Same potential and 0.5 extra in the bank.

Are you going to play this formation every week, or is it for the first week only? 4 defenders might bite you. I would downgrade the defence and invest in a midfield - most folks would play 4-5 mids.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭burrenguy

wonski wrote: »
    I would play DeGea instead of Szczesny and downgrade Shaw to Debuchy. Same potential and 0.5 extra in the bank.

Are you going to play this formation every week, or is it for the first week only? 4 defenders might bite you. I would downgrade the defence and invest in a midfield - most folks would play 4-5 mids.

Thanks for the reply.
    I'll be changing it depending on fixtures. With the mid's I have currently I'd say I'll have more joy with 4 defenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

wonski wrote: »
    This - he proved to be a great asset, did his job last season and I can't see him being benched just because Jovetic has played well in the friendlies.

Completely agree that he should start the season as he deserves it, but I get the feeling that he's going to be dropped very easily.

Hopefully we can learn something from the Shield and before GW1. Iirc Pelligrini was one of the more forthcoming managers when it came to team news. He might save us a headache.

At the moment, my money is on Jovetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

PARlance wrote: »
    Completely agree that he should start the season as he deserves it, but I get the feeling that he's going to be dropped very easily.

This. As I said in another thread I'd fear he'll at best be sharing his game time and may get the odd 59 minute special!

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

Any thoughts on this latest draft lads?

De Gea
    Myhill

Debuchy
    Terry
    Davies
    Duff
    Wisdom

Mata
    Hazard
    Eriksen
    Ramsey
    Albrighton

Rooney
    Bony
    Fletcher

0.5m left in the bank

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    This. As I said in another thread I'd fear he'll at best be sharing his game time and may get the odd 59 minute special!

I have to rethink my thinking again then:mad:

You might be right but I will stick to the plan, not too many options @8.5m anyway. If he is the only doubtful player in my team I will be just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated.

De Gea / Krul

Terry / Davies (Spurs) / Reid (West Ham) / Mariappa / Wisdom

Mata / Sanchez / Hazard / Siggy / Albrighton

Rooney / Giroud / Jelavic

Davies may have to go depending on how the Spurs lineup is looking. I like the idea of a West Ham, Palace rotation but not sure Reid / Mariappa is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

image.jpg
    Pretty similar to mine, although skimping on defense allowed me to get Eriksen for your Albrighton

VbEkbpF.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Pretty similar to mine, although skimping on defense allowed me to get Eriksen for your Albrighton

VbEkbpF.png

Thats the exact same front 8 as I have at the moment with the only two differences me going with Krul and a 4 mill keeper and having Richard Dunne over Wisdom. Thinking along the same lines Attack, Attack, Attack.

Thats the exact same front 8 as I have at the moment with the only two differences me going with Krul and a 4 mill keeper and having Richard Dunne over Wisdom. Thinking along the same lines Attack, Attack, Attack.
    Haha, I actually had that before too but with Danny Simpson instead of Dunne. I figure Wisdom just needs to start the first match for me and then he'll be last on my bench. I'm tempted by the Krul/4.0m though due to Newcastle's nice looking first 8 fixtures.

• Advertisement

I'm not far away either so. Just Bojan for Fletcher and Sanchez for Ramsey. My defence is bare bones mind you, but workable.

Get into them they're easy!!

Edit. Sorry, I've De Jong for Eriksen too.

Haha, I actually had that before too but with Danny Simpson instead of Dunne. I figure Wisdom just needs to start the first match for me and then he'll be last on my bench. I'm tempted by the Krul/4.0m though due to Newcastle's nice looking first 8 fixtures.

Ye that's my thinking on krul will have wildcarded by then anyway. Siggy bench gw 1 fletcher gw 2 . I have .5 in the bank so could bump up fletcher or a defender if need be. One more differnce Ive oshea instead of ward which gives me the .5.

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm not far away either so. Just Bojan for Fletcher and Sanchez for Ramsey. My defence is bare bones mind you, but workable.

Get into them they're easy!!

Edit. Sorry, I've De Jong for Eriksen too.
    I like de Jong and had him in a few earlier drafts, but am worried he is a bit of a crock. Missed most of last season due to a collapsed lung and already picked up an injury that's kept him out of their last couple friendlies.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I like de Jong and had him in a few earlier drafts, but am worried he is a bit of a crock. Missed most of last season due to a collapsed lung and already picked up an injury that's kept him out of their last couple friendlies.

That's my only worry for him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭Hype710

What's the rationale behind wildcarding early?

Hype710 wrote: »

The transfer window closes. You know the preferred starting line ups. Can build up team value early. Main reason is that big flashing play wildcard button everytime you log onto look at your team.

If your team doesn't work then you use a wildcard.

Imagine finding out that 5 of your players are on a bench during GW1 - your free transfer won't fix it.

More transfer activity in the first few weeks of the season means prices fluctuate a lot more, first international break is a popular one as it means you can take 2 weeks to chop and change getting price increases along the way.

Reason there's more transfers is that a) people set up their team based on pre-season and it's only in the first few weeks that you find out which players are likely to be benched or regulars (particularly interesting for the lower priced players), b) nearly everybody will still be playing the game so there's more activity. Once some players fall out of contention or lose interest during the year they obviously won't be signing in or transferring, at the start more people are active (means more price fluctuations), and c) the transfer window is still open until September starts so new signings that might be fantasy relevant will be added to the game or moving teams within the game after your team is already set up.

Not saying doing it early is the right thing to do, just musing on the reason. I reckon if your team gets off to a flyer then keep it, even take some hits if you need to. But if you start the season and 4/5 of your team aren't getting games and there's new players, bandwagon players or players rising in value that you want to get in, then play it early.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

initial draft ...../
    de gea myhill
    terry Ben Davies huth Neil Taylor wisdom
    mata fabregas eriksen siggy albrighton
    Rooney Costa jovetic

any advice appreciated

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 Fight Me

what are peoples thoughts on henderson at 6mil in midfield? will he be first team for pool .?? had a decent second half to the season and looks under valued imo

• Advertisement

Could well be my first transfer out but will give him a go.

Oh, and he was rested for one friendly with a very minor knock. Toe I think.

Fight Me wrote: »
    what are peoples thoughts on henderson at 6mil in midfield? will he be first team for pool .?? had a decent second half to the season and looks under valued imo

I think he's definitely interesting at that price. Should score goals this year and will play for sure. He's on the watchlist. No need to put him in early due to fixtures!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'd prefer Sigurdsson at the same price. He'll probably play off Bony (or whoever their striker is come the close of the window) and take most set pieces. He also had a cracking record when playing every week a few seasons ago.

Of course Liverpool will score far more goals so there is that, but Henderson will play a much deeper role to Sigurdsson and have little to no set piece responsibility.

I'll certainly keep an eye on him however. He should be easy to fit in at that price if necessary down the line.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 Fight Me

cant post an image cos im a new user but someone tell me what they think of this set up:

Gk's : Krul / Schmichael - rotation based on fixtures

Defence: Davies Huth Caulker ( Moore and Santon)

Midfield : Sanchez Mata Silva Hazard ( Henderson )

Forwards: Bojan Rooney Wellbeck

My thinking is that united have easy first 6 fixtures and with van gaal confirming that van persie will miss the opening of the season that means it will def be welbz and rooney up front . If rvp comes back lets say after 2 weeks i can easily sub out one of my pricy midfield 4 for maybe for a cheaper alternative and also upgrade welbeck to maybe costa or sturridge. I might still change and do that not sure. As for the defence Im pretty happy with the 5 lads and they will all probably start every week for their teams and can see spurs defence getting v tight under poch.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,909 ✭✭✭✭CSF

cant post an image cos im a new user but someone tell me what they think of this set up:

Gk's : Krul / Schmichael - rotation based on fixtures

Defence: Davies Huth Caulker ( Moore and Santon)

Midfield : Sanchez Mata Silva Hazard ( Henderson )

Forwards: Bojan Rooney Wellbeck

My thinking is that united have easy first 6 fixtures and with van gaal confirming that van persie will miss the opening of the season that means it will def be welbz and rooney up front . If rvp comes back lets say after 2 weeks i can easily sub out one of my pricy midfield 4 for maybe for a cheaper alternative and also upgrade welbeck to maybe costa or sturridge. I might still change and do that not sure. As for the defence Im pretty happy with the 5 lads and they will all probably start every week for their teams and can see spurs defence getting v tight under poch.

I like your team apart from your front 3, expect RVP to come on as a sub for Welbeck against Swansea, and then probably again against Sunderland if he isn't starting by then that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

I think the biggest advantage of the early wildcard strategy is that you can pick your initial team with only the first three or four gws in mind, and hopefully get a good start as a result, then pick your real team for the season in mid september when you know a lot more about wholl be playing regularly and where the value may lie.

Is anyone else picking a team solely focused on scoring well in the first few weeks? My draft at the moment is

De gea
    Myhill

Shaw
    Debuchy
    Taylor
    Caulker
    Moore

Fabregas
    Hazard
    Ramsey
    Siggurdsson
    King

Rooney
    Costa
    Jelavic

What are peoples thoughts? Im interested to see what teams other people have chosen for the first few weeks. My thought process is to stock up on chelsea and man utd players as they both have great fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

MR NINE wrote: »
    I think the biggest advantage of the early wildcard strategy is that you can pick your initial team with only the first three or four gws in mind, and hopefully get a good start as a result, then pick your real team for the season in mid september when you know a lot more about wholl be playing regularly and where the value may lie.

Is anyone else picking a team solely focused on scoring well in the first few weeks? My draft at the moment is

De gea
    Myhill

Shaw
    Debuchy
    Taylor
    Caulker
    Moore

Fabregas
    Hazard
    Ramsey
    Siggurdsson
    King

Rooney
    Costa
    Jelavic

What are peoples thoughts? Im interested to see what teams other people have chosen for the first few weeks. My thought process is to stock up on chelsea and man utd players as they both have great fixtures

I think I'd change Shaw to a Chealsea defender and Fab(or actually Hazard) to Mata.
    Reasons being: I'd be just as confident, if not more, of Chelsea's clean sheet potential. And it spreads the balance in attack too. You've 3 Chelsea attackers v 1 United.
    I'd be slightly concerned over Hazards game time in the early GW's.
    He has missed a good bit of pre season, I think he'll play but if he's eased back in then Mata may be the better choice.

It's a hard one to call but generally when Jose is rebuilding/shaping a team I think he focuses on getting it right at the back first. So I'd favour United for more goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

I've lost count of my changes at this stage.

My two risks are Jovetic and Fletcher as back-up. Now, after GW1, if Jovetic isn't playing he can be dropped and both Fletcher and himself can become two 6m players, like Jelavic/Long/Ings etc. Weighing up whether he's worth risking in GW1 or not.

I'm happy with the rest of the team.
    317239.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

11 days to go. I think I've tried every £6m player in that spot now, f**k knows who it will end up being. The fact that I need to rotate defenders to keep a 3-4-3 is making me look at fixtures for the strikers, and Hull easily have the best. Giroud's fitness is a worry, Wenger said he might rest him for the Shield. Might have to do Dzeko/Jovetic.

Need to confirm Huth will be starting (Pieters if not), and my bench will need some working on to ensure I have at least 1 playing sub going into GW1. Should be able to do it at £4.5 MF, £4.5 DF and £4m DF. Really happy with the rest of the team though, start the season already!
    348k27b.png

For those that can't view pics, team is below:

De Gea
    Terry -- Debuchy -- Huth
    Mata -- Hazard -- Sanchez -- Siggy
    Rooney(c) -- Giroud -- Long

• Advertisement

@mr nine and PARlance...

That's my plan, and team, almost exactly. I posted it here a week ago and haven't changed it since.

De Gea
    Terry Debuchy (O'shea, Ward, Coloccini)
    Mata Hazard Siggy Eriksen (Albrighton)
    Costa Rooney Jelavic

I have yet to decide on the 3 cheapo defs, but have 14 mil to play with.

Advertisement