Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

The ban was split over 2 seasons 4 games in 2012 2013 and 5 games in 2013 2014 sturridge got 9 goals in 9 games and they had 6 clean sheets. 15 goals in the 9 games but 6 of them came in one game v Newcastle. Only scored 5 goals in the first 5 games last season.

I'd certainly take 5 in 5 again this season. The thing is if LIverpool are winning games 1-0 like the start of last season and he's the scorer, he's also in with a good chance of the bps I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'd certainly take 5 in 5 again this season. The thing is if LIverpool are winning games 1-0 like the start of last season and he's the scorer, he's also in with a good chance of the bps I'd imagine.

Sorry meant pool had 5 goals sturridge had 4 of them though I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Sorry meant pool had 5 goals sturridge had 4 of them though I think.

4 in five is still decent to be honest. You'd hope for maybe a bit more but I'd take it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Made some very slight changes.

316861.PNG

Dropped Dzeko and Silva for Nasri and Lukaku giving me some Everton cover. I would still like a Liverpool attacking option, but with Sturridge at 11.5m I just can't afford it without losing cover somewhere else.

I think it seems very balanced. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Made some very slight changes.

316861.PNG

Dropped Dzeko and Silva for Nasri and Lukaku giving me some Everton cover. I would still like a Liverpool attacking option, but with Sturridge at 11.5m I just can't afford it without losing cover somewhere else.

I think it seems very balanced. Any suggestions?

Wouldn't be too keen on Debuchy and Vlaar in from the start due to tough opening fixtures. You could try Huth and Neil Taylor for Stoke/Swansea rotation. I'd always be wary of Nasri and whether he'll get enough gametime but he could be a good pick, only time will tell. Man of the moment Matt Targett will more than likely be playing second fiddle to Ryan Bertrand. It's very hard to work out who will start of the 4m cheapies but I think Moore of Leicester could be in with a shout. Also downgrading Kasper to a 4m keeper gives you an extra .5m to play with if you so desire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭G1032

Complete reshuffle. Take 23!!

cf0ae2cd3569dea0315c2432c9b7a0ef.png

I had Sturridge in but not entirely sure how good Liverpool will be without Suarez and because of the increase in number of games they'll have this season. Sturridge will obviously be playing all Champs league games and might get rested for some league games?? Unlikely, but possible. He's also very injury prone but could be easily transferred out if he did get injured

I put Fabregas in for Hazard. Just a gut feeling on this that he'll have a great season. Played behind Costa in the last friendly. He's an assist machine and is a proven PL player.

Very unsure about having 3 Man United players but Mata can be transferred out for Sanchez if need be. I've just chosen Evans over De Gea for defensive cover.

There is still 3.5m left to play with anyway....................

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Rightlad91

Changed my team AGAIN! Please rate and comment please for opinions.

One thing I cant have is the number of guys puttin in ron Vlaar on their teams. Do ye know the stats on how many clean sheets villa keep ( hardly any) ? and its not like the guy scores loads from set pieces or anything.

Anyway heres my team:

Goalkeepers : Krul / Schmiechael : Rotation policy on these two

Defense: Lovren, Caulker, Filipe Luis, Santon, Moore

Midfield : Mata, Silva, Hazard, Sigurdson, Albrighton. Very torn on fabregas vs Hazard.

Forward: Rooney , Costa and diouf. Think rooney is under valued by the game especially if utd continue this 352 system hes gauranteed to play st

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Happy-ish with this bar Elmohamady. If Remy goes to Newcastle I'll keep him. If he doesn't then I'll probably switch to a cheaper forward and upgrade Elmo.

Ck498ZY.png

Current decisions:
    - Giroud + Silva or Dzeko + Ramsey?
    - Pieters or Caulker? Caulker scores but he's in a really bad defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

Call me crazy but I actually really like the look of this:

2lncmco.jpg

I think it's extremely well balanced without skimping up front. A nice balance of home and away fixtures with players who rotate. As of now I'm of the mind that I'll try and keep my WC if I can, or well not start the season with the intention of using it after GW3 anyway.

The 3 bench spots are up for grabs when Newcastle becomes more clear and the budget players make themselves known.

unsure on arnautovic imo, that front line tho very nice. well played sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DwightSchrute1

Draft #9527 at this stage, just wondering is it too much having 3 players from Man Utd and Arsenal and 2 from Spurs?

Krul, (Myhill)

Shaw, Davies, Debuchy, (Upson, Bruce)

Ramsey, Eriksen, Fabregas, Mata (Albrighton)

Rooney, Dzeko, Giroud

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,831 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Draft #9527 at this stage, just wondering is it too much having 3 players from Man Utd and Arsenal and 2 from Spurs?

Krul, (Myhill)

Shaw, Davies, Debuchy, (Upson, Bruce)

Ramsey, Eriksen, Fabregas, Mata (Albrighton)

Rooney, Dzeko, Giroud
    3 Arsenal is unquestionably too much given their start IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CRJOD94

A serious lurker posting in search of some advice! Anything glaringly wrong with this team?

De Gea

Debuchy Lovren Davies

Henderson Silva Mata Mirallas

Rooney Costa Giroud

With a bench of: Gilks, Vlaar, Bruce and Davis

CRJOD94 wrote: »
    A serious lurker posting in search of some advice! Anything glaringly wrong with this team?

De Gea

Debuchy Lovren Davies

Rooney Costa Giroud

Reckon you could spend that Henderson/Mirallas money better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

I've been looking at other teams here and decided to switch my team around as I feel Dubuchy and Vlaar won't pick up much points due to their difficult start.

48uc4d

• Registered Users Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭G1032

CRJOD94 wrote: »

De Gea

Debuchy Lovren Davies

Rooney Costa Giroud

I'd avoid an Arsenal defender until after Chelsea in GW7.
    I wouldn't personally have Henderson or Mirallas in my midfield. Countless better ways to spend that money.
    I'd also wait a while to see how Costa adapts to PL. Wouldn't be in a hurry to have him at all.
    Vlaar - Villa concede lots and lots of goals.
    Bruce - Is he a guaranteed starter?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭bodking

Ok im going with this for GW1

Gk De Gea
    Def Cameron - Jagielka - Rosenoir
    Mid Ramsey - Mata - Fabregas - Eriksen
    For Jelavic - Rooney - Diego Costa

Bench : Myhill - Albrighton - Clyne - Coloccini

Im happy with it for around 6 weeks unless someone jumps out off the blocks .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

bodking wrote: »

Gk De Gea

From what i've seen around here the general consensus is that Cameron is unlikely to start!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

Gk De Gea

clyne for scott dann. crystal palace will churn out the cleanies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

33fc8dz.jpg

Any suggestions lads? have 1.5 mil in the bank. Arnatovic isn't meant to be VC.

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    clyne for scott dann. crystal palace will churn out the cleanies

Barring Liverpool I think Southampton have a better 1st 10 weeks than CPalace imo

• Advertisement

Barring Liverpool I think Southampton have a better 1st 10 weeks than CPalace imo

Palace are probably more likely to take a higher clean sheet total over the course of the season though.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭burrenguy

Hi all. I appreciate some feedback on my team. Am I skimping a bit up front possibly? Nothing in the bank.

burrenguy wrote: »
    Hi all. I appreciate some feedback on my team. Am I skimping a bit up front possibly? Nothing in the bank.

Why exactly do you have Sagna?

And why is Lukaku a sub?

CSF wrote: »
    Why exactly do you have Sagna?

I actually have Evans now in for him, my mistake, took screenshot before changing.

I actually have Evans now in for him, my mistake, took screenshot before changing.

Post a screenshot with your current and full team, subs in the right place etc so we can see exactly what your plan is

Palace are probably more likely to take a higher clean sheet total over the course of the season though.

I doubt ill keep clyne for 38 games if he isn't preforming .

Post a screenshot with your current and full team, subs in the right place etc so we can see exactly what your plan is

Yep sorry just uploaded without thinking, thanks.

Strong enough, I'd just be worried about your strikers for various reasons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Far too much invested in defence for my liking! Either two mid priced keepers who rotate well or one strong one who you play every week and a cheapo option. Then max 2 top defenders and a mix of 4.5/4mil options that rotate well. Any more than £34mil on your whole defence is too much IMO.

Lots more points to be earned in midfield and up front.

Advertisement