Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Options
1888990919294»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

It's a nice team, but I think I'd have Hazard over Fab, based on current form. I'd downgrade Demicheles to get the necessary funds. City have been poor at the back recently. If Alderwireld gave you the funds I'd go with him.

If they were the same price absolutely, it's an extra £1m though. A Demicheles downgrade is a good shout though, I think I'll do that regardless and free up some money.

The whole Hazard/Fabregas thing is a coin flip though, can I use the £1m saved elsewhere to better effect? That's what I'm counting on, but I haven't made many right decisions so far this season :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Iago wrote: »
    If they were the same price absolutely, it's an extra £1m though. A Demicheles downgrade is a good shout though, I think I'll do that regardless and free up some money.

The whole Hazard/Fabregas thing is a coin flip though, can I use the £1m saved elsewhere to better effect? That's what I'm counting on, but I haven't made many right decisions so far this season :)

Just noticed you have Bertrand on the the bench.

TBH, I'd have Terry + Bertrand each week, then one of Wisdom/PVA/Another cheapie.

This would give you a decent chunk to upgrade elsewhere. I'm sure if Austin + Kane is a season keeper combo, so might be handy to have extra money upgrade them down the line.

Another option would be to use the extra money to upgrade Boyd to Downing (or someone around that price), then each week you could pick 2 of Downing/Kane/Austin.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Iago wrote: »

I would be likely to captain Hazard, but not Fabregas. Thats one of the reasons I think hes worth the money. Was delighted to see my cup opponent doesnt have Hazard this week and cant get him in without a -4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Just noticed you have Bertrand on the the bench.

TBH, I'd have Terry + Bertrand each week, then one of Wisdom/PVA/Another cheapie.

This would give you a decent chunk to upgrade elsewhere. I'm sure if Austin + Kane is a season keeper combo, so might be handy to have extra money upgrade them down the line.

Another option would be to use the extra money to upgrade Boyd to Downing (or someone around that price), then each week you could pick 2 of Downing/Kane/Austin.

The long term plan would be to upgrade 1 of Kane/Austin, I'm working towards being in a position to get Aguero back in for GW24 & ideally I'd like one of Nasri/Silva as well. In practice I'll probably have to do a Di Maria/Austin out for Aguero + Makeweight in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭G1032

I've got 8.8m burning a hole in my pocket!

I've been thinking how I could spend it and came up with the following team.

It'd be Terry - Ivanovic (with possibly a Man United or Southampton defender in the the Carling Cup Final weekend first)
    Downing to Yaya
    Giroud to Sturridge

Now this would be done over a few weeks and I'm not looking to take a minus 8. Giroud might well stay in my team instead of Sturridge if he keeps scoring. Yaya will probably need to give me a reason to buy him but all in all what would you all think of a team like this? Yay or nay?

xsm1Rfc0vfuQP0ZhBLvOLPg-UOIk_9MgLmJXQsKdKC68=w434-h553-no

Edit: Wisdom needs to go. Fcuk sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

G1032 wrote: »
    I've got 8.8m burning a hole in my pocket!

I've been thinking how I could spend it and came up with the following team.

It'd be Terry - Ivanovic (with possibly a Man United or Southampton defender in the the Carling Cup Final weekend first)
    Downing to Yaya
    Giroud to Sturridge

Now this would be done over a few weeks and I'm not looking to take a minus 8. Giroud might well stay in my team instead of Sturridge if he keeps scoring. Yaya will probably need to give me a reason to buy him but all in all what would you all think of a team like this? Yay or nay?

xsm1Rfc0vfuQP0ZhBLvOLPg-UOIk_9MgLmJXQsKdKC68=w434-h553-no

Edit: Wisdom needs to go. Fcuk sake.

I'm thinking Yaya too, he should be back by GW26 home to Newcastle, with his shiney ACON medal.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

hi folks,

Any thoughts on the below? 2 Free transfers. I'm thinking of:

De Gea --> Forster
    Wisdom ---> ?

See below, cheers!
    338770.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Any thoughts on this? where I could improve on the below?

Krul - Howard

Alderweireld - Terry - Rose - Bellerin - Haidara

Hazard - Silva - Sanchez - Eriksen - Ward-Prowse

Kane - Aguero - Giroud

0.8 in the bank

In next couple of GW's
    Am thinking of moving;

Eriksen to Mane, ->too many spurs players

and

Giroud to Costa. ->not set on this one yet as Giroud getting solid scores

And then when I have spare transfers sort out Haidara and Ward-Prowse to guaranteed starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Not sure Howard is real worth his price but can understand you don't want to waste a transfer on him. Ospina is worth a look at especially if he keeps his place.

You don't have any WB defender. I guess you missed the boat now since WB run in fixtures are awful.

Mané for Eriksen sounds good. Not sure about Giroud -> Costa (at least before the DGW).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

iroced wrote: »
    Not sure Howard is real worth his price but can understand you don't want to waste a transfer on him. Ospina is worth a look at especially if he keeps his place.

You don't have any WB defender. I guess you missed the boat now since WB run in fixtures are awful.

Mané for Eriksen sounds good. Not sure about Giroud -> Costa (at least before the DGW).

Cheers, ya Howard was expensive got him in instead of Stones at the time, possibly will move him for Courtois & downgrade Terry or get a 4.0 keeper.

Had no need for West Brom defender,
    back 5 had Man United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Southampton covered until a few weeks ago so WBA player wouldn't have got a game.

Eriksen will go soon, only had him in for the DGW.

The Giroud to Costa transfer is tough to call, as long a Giroud keep getting points he's tough to offload.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Myhill
    Bellerin-Bertrand-Terry
    Hazard-Sanchez-Eriksen-Silva
    Austin-Aguero-Kane

Foster-PVA-Schlupp-Boyd

1FT and 0.5m in the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Doesn't get any more template than that Copper, the perfect team if you will:p

Advertisement