Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Ok, it's time I stuck my team up for comments.

Krul - Mannone

Evans - Huth - Taylor - Ward - Moore

Sanchez - Fabregas - Mata - Sigurdsson - Delph

Rooney - Dzeko - Giroud

I think most of it speaks for itself, In defence I can see Evans doing well at United, especially with their fixtures. So he's in a starter. Then it will be 2 out of Huth/Taylor/Ward. Had a look and these 3 have 2 good fixtures most weeks (except GW1) for the first 9 GWs (didn't look beyond that). Moore is filler but will hopefully start.

Any comments/suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

Ok, it's time I stuck my team up for comments.

Krul - Mannone

Evans - Huth - Taylor - Ward - Moore

Sanchez - Fabregas - Mata - Sigurdsson - Delph

Rooney - Dzeko - Giroud

I think most of it speaks for itself, In defence I can see Evans doing well at United, especially with their fixtures. So he's in a starter. Then it will be 2 out of Huth/Taylor/Ward. Had a look and these 3 have 2 good fixtures most weeks (except GW1) for the first 9 GWs (didn't look beyond that). Moore is filler but will hopefully start.

Any comments/suggestions?
    Sanchez to Ramsey (plenty of other options, im liking eriksen/lamella) then De Gea in goals? For some reason i'm not convinced on sanchez, ill give him a week or two then get him if he hits the ground running.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Having a look at this as a solid 3-4-3 team. What do you guys think?

FF14_14_Draft_6.png

Going with David De Gea as the only playing goalkeeper unless a 4.0M option gets a chance. Elliot will get games if Krul gets injured again though.

Taking a chance on Brown Ideye as a 6.0M striker given the uncertainty on whether Wickham is staying at Sunderland or first choice. He should be the No 1 striker at West Brom.

Have opted for Terry ahead of Felipe Luis due to the improvement in set-piece takers with Fabregas joining Chelsea and with Van Ginkel returning to fitness. Terry has already scored 3 in pre season and Zouma, Ivanovic and Cahill have had plenty of chances.

Huth also offers a threat from set-pieces and Stoke have an easy opening set of fixtures.

Having seen Chelsea in pre-season I'm confident of Diego Costa starting well.
    He's already shown a good understanding with Fabregas and Matic and is creating plenty of shooting opportunities for himself and others.
    He was central to the three goals scored against Vitesse with 2 Assists and winning the freekick Fabregas scored.
    He could be a bit of a card magnet though so there could be some 1 point games.

Have Gaston Ramires as a fifth midfielder so can change to 3-5-2 as necessary. He should be a decent option this season for 5.5M.

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    Sanchez to Ramsey (plenty of other options, im liking eriksen/lamella) then De Gea in goals? For some reason i'm not convinced on sanchez, ill give him a week or two then get him if he hits the ground running.

Can't get DDG (have Evans/Mata/Rooney).

For some reason I'm not convinced Ramsey will do as well as last season. Don't know why I feel that. I've thought about Sanchez a lot. He's not someone I definitely want, but I think he will do well. I could go for someone at the start, but just not sure who!

Can't get DDG (have Evans/Mata/Rooney).

For some reason I'm not convinced Ramsey will do as well as last season. Don't know why I feel that. I've thought about Sanchez a lot. He's not someone I definitely want, but I think he will do well. I could go for someone at the start, but just not sure who!
    hes been impressive in pre season I think.. but that's preseason. Yeah its a tough one, maybe Yaya instead of Sanchez if you can move .5 around? other than that it's pretty solid.

• Advertisement

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    hes been impressive in pre season I think.. but that's preseason. Yeah its a tough one, maybe Yaya instead of Sanchez if you can move .5 around? other than that it's pretty solid.

I think if I was to change Sanchez for anyone, it would be Eriksen. But he's another one that doesn't seem to have done much in preseason yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I think I've been talked into Sigurdsson. :D Frees into 2-3mil to spend elsewhere which is also good. If he does crap, I'm holding Boards accountable. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Rosco79 wrote: »
    Decent article from Michael Cox on Liverpool tactically without Suarez....

http://www.freebets.org.uk/blog/how-liverpool-can-adapt-to-suarez-departure

Decent articles and makes me happier I've gone for Sturridge. He's basically up top now with no proper opposition at a club that scored plenty last year.

It also points to whate another poster said earlier - that Liverpool will be better at the back this season.

Rodgers didn't need to worry as much about defence last season when the SAS were banging them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Extremely tempted to go from this:

fbf3dd664eeb25f34a3c990c7e46d4c2.png

To this:

01dddc61e4ee2a12bcf7182d0e7f516c.png

The £4m defender is much of a muchness and I haven't chosen who exactly I will go for as that £6m striker yet.

Something Lemlin said in another thread regarding proven PL players in Ramsey, Sigurdsson, Evans and Sturridge over Sanchez, de Jong, Shaw and Dzeko has struck a chord. Those 4 changes are essentially the difference in this team.

I do think Sanchez and de Jong will prove to be excellent and worry slightly that if Sanchez in particular explodes from the off that I'd struggle to get him in, but sometimes the "boring" option is the better one.

More to think about and ponder anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Lemlin wrote: »
    Decent articles and makes me happier I've gone for Sturridge. He's basically up top now with no proper opposition at a club that scored plenty last year.

It also points to whate another poster said earlier - that Liverpool will be better at the back this season.

Rodgers didn't need to worry as much about defence last season when the SAS were banging them in.

Better at the back but score a lot less - that's the question?

Must look up how many goals they averaged per game without Chewy for first 9 weeks.

• Advertisement

kennyb3 wrote: »

Must look up how many goals they averaged per game without Chewy for first 9 weeks.
    Plenty of 1-0 wins.. sturridge scoring most of them it must be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Tried out a 3-5-2 to see what it would look like, came up with this

Mannone
    Evans-Debuchy-Davies
    Sterling-Ramsey-Fabregas-DeJong-Sigurdsson
    Rooney-Sturridge

Krul-Taylor-Bruce-Naismith

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Latest draft, any thoughts?

bvcrr2h.png

Plan is to rotate Hendo and Siggy for the first four GWs. I'm not 100% convinced of Costa, but I can't find a way to get Hazard in there and still pick a striker alongside Rooney and Giroud that I'm happy about. Defense rotates well home and away with Luis automatic, although I would struggle between Davies and Simpson for GW1.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So my team as of now is the following.

De Gea (Mhyill)

Fillipe Luis , Debuchy , Lovern ( Vlaar , Bruce)

Mata , Hazard , Barkley , Sigurdsson (Albrighton)

Rooney , Remy , Costa

Any comments ? Advice ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Is Luis not at risk of being rotated with Ivanovic, Azpilicueta and himself all likely to get games? Azpil to switch between left and right not a worry?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Call me crazy but I actually really like the look of this:

2lncmco.jpg

I think it's extremely well balanced without skimping up front. A nice balance of home and away fixtures with players who rotate. As of now I'm of the mind that I'll try and keep my WC if I can, or well not start the season with the intention of using it after GW3 anyway.

The 3 bench spots are up for grabs when Newcastle becomes more clear and the budget players make themselves known.

I think it's extremely well balanced without skimping up front. A nice balance of home and away fixtures with players who rotate. As of now I'm of the mind that I'll try and keep my WC if I can, or well not start the season with the intention of using it after GW3 anyway.

The 3 bench spots are up for grabs when Newcastle becomes more clear and the budget players make themselves known.

You're crazy! There's a giant Lukaku shaped problem with that team!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

keane2097 wrote: »
    Is Luis not at risk of being rotated with Ivanovic, Azpilicueta and himself all likely to get games? Azpil to switch between left and right not a worry?

Was thinking he would start i dunno though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

You're crazy! There's a giant Lukaku shaped problem with that team!

What's the problem with Lukaku?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

There's only one way to describe that team:

OFF TARGETT

• Advertisement

manual_man wrote: »

OFF TARGETT

I agree. That team is a bit hit and miss.

For some reason, I think Luis is most nailed. I think even Terry could miss the odd match before a big CL tie with Ivan mostly filling in at CB. But I'd welcome a Chelsea supporter's view on that

What's the problem with Lukaku?

He's too inconsistent for me. Had him a few times last year and he never did well! That's probably more my fault than anything else, but still!

2lncmco.jpg

My major problem is that Lukaku isn't captained!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

manual_man wrote: »

OFF TARGETT

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! :cool:

s28zli.jpg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXcPzDF9TxI

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

As Luis is the only 'natural' left back he will start most games I'd imagine.

On a semi-related note, defenders are the one area of my team I can deal with a player being 'randomly rotated'. Defenders who are 'rested' (hate that term) are very unlikely to get a 1 point cameo, so it's likely that a sub will come in for them in my FF team. Hence why I never have non-playing subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,831 ✭✭✭✭CSF

For some reason, I think Luis is most nailed. I think even Terry could miss the odd match before a big CL tie with Ivan mostly filling in at CB. But I'd welcome a Chelsea supporter's view on that

I was thinking Azpilicueta was the most nailed on due to his flexibility. Considering Mourinho was happy to completely freeze Cole out of the team to play Azpilicueta, he won't have problem playing him at LB.

I do see a danger attached to any Chelsea defender though.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I agree. That team is a bit hit and miss.

Ah no i actually enjoy seeing teams that are a bit different. No one ever won this thing by playing it safe! @Mr_P, a risky effort no doubt, but no risk no reward :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

kennyb3 wrote: »

The ban was split over 2 seasons 4 games in 2012 2013 and 5 games in 2013 2014 sturridge got 9 goals in 9 games and they had 6 clean sheets. 15 goals in the 9 games but 6 of them came in one game v Newcastle. Only scored 5 goals in the first 5 games last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

2lncmco.jpg

I like it well balanced.

Advertisement