Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

Improvements?
    De Gea
    Wisdom, Sakho, Debuchy, Cahill
    Fabregas, Mata, Eriksen,
    Soldado, Rooney, Dzeko
    BENCH: Krul, Sigurdsson, Albrighton, Dann.

Vlaar is in 24.5% of teams.. Madness

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

a2b9448ca2f2daf1dfd25b3099163990.png

My latest incarnation...

Pretty happy with it at the moment. Terry, QPR/Palace and Stoke/Swans to start in def as my back 3, rotate very well as previously discussed. Will go with cheaper options if they are confirmed starters. Simpson/Jerome/Cameron etc.

Siggy/Arnie/Austin rotate well for the first few weeks anyway, picking 2 out of the 3 each week. Alternatively could play 4 at the back if needed.

Could swap Silva/Giroud for Dzeko/Ramsey. The former seems more nailed on to start though which is why I'm learning towards that.

Having 2 QPR, 2 Swans and 2 Stoke a concern?

Comments welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

bicboy6666 wrote: »

I'd agree. Lambert isn't a manager I'd rate at all for clean sheets. There are far better options at 4.5 IMO like Coloccini and O'Shea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

FHFC wrote: »
    Here's another either/or snap opinion - assuming I could spare 1m elsewhere in the team....

A). De Jong + Dzeko (15.5)

Or

B) Silva + Pelle. (16.5m)

My midfield in full would be Fabregas, Mata, Sanchez, Siggy, Silva/De Jong
    Attack, Rooney, Bojan, Dzeko / Pelle

By the way. Any opinions on A or B above.

We usually love A or B questions around here :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'd go A, if Dzeko is not certain of starting i'd replace him with Giroud though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

B for me purely on security of starts. I was riding the Dzeko bandwagon, but am starting to think Jovetic will threaten for serious minutes. I'm struggling with a cheaper striker choice though; currently thinking about a punt on Enner Valencia.....(other two strikers are Rooney and Giroud)

T-b0n3 wrote: »

My latest incarnation...

Pretty happy with it at the moment. Terry, QPR/Palace and Stoke/Swans to start in def as my back 3, rotate very well as previously discussed. Will go with cheaper options if they are confirmed starters. Simpson/Jerome/Cameron etc.

Siggy/Arnie/Austin rotate well for the first few weeks anyway, picking 2 out of the 3 each week. Alternatively could play 4 at the back if needed.

Could swap Silva/Giroud for Dzeko/Ramsey. The former seems more nailed on to start though which is why I'm learning towards that.

Comments welcome.

Very good team, I wouldn't change anything. I think Gilks is a good pick for the 4.0 keeper as he is the only one in there with any chance of playing ignoring injuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I went with option A. Judging by my previous results you should go with B:D

Having 1m extra to spend might be very useful after first GW, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Very good team, I wouldn't change anything. I think Gilks is a good pick for the 4.0 keeper as he is the only one in there with any chance of playing ignoring injuries.

I don't think Gilks has any chance of playing Heaton will be first choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

My latest incarnation...

Comments welcome.

Stoke has a very handy fixtures list. I will have 2 of their players to save some cash for future purchases.

Fixtures:

Aston Villa (H)
    Hull (A)
    City (A)
    Leicester (H)
    QPR (A)
    Newcastle (H)
    Sunderland (A)
    Swansea(H)
    Southampton (A)
    West Ham (H)
    Spurs (A)
    Burnley (H)

They will go down after that - the worst schedule possible for them.

I understand there are no easy games, especially for Stoke, but the start of the season couldn't be any easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,921 ✭✭✭G1032

Terry -> Luis (frees up .5mil)
    Jovetic -> Dzeko (seem to be a fan favourite around here)
    Lambert -> Riviere/Remy?

No Liverpool players then i know but as a Pool fan i'm fairly sure Lambert will be a bit player/impact sub for most games. maybe try save elsewhere and bring Couthino in but it's hard to know who is going to start for us in midfield with the new signings etc.
    Nuts102 wrote: »
    I mean Lambert and Jovetic are not guaranteed starters i couldn't have them at all.

Thanks lads. Good advice. Lambert and Jovetic do really need to go alright but I want to keep Sanchez if at all possible

My latest incarnation...

Comments welcome.
    Never been a huge fan of silva on fantasy imo, giroud a risk too I think.. risk & reward tho

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

A

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Updated, fairly happy with this..

Mannone - depending on Sunderland GK situation
    Krul

Filipe Luis
    Shaw
    Davies
    4m DF tbc
    4m DF tbc

Mata
    Ramsey (or Silva/Fabregas/Nasri but Arsenal with the better start to season I think)
    Eriksen
    Siggy
    Albrighton

D.Costa
    Rooney
    Giroud

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

bicboy6666 wrote: »

Calculated gamble id say. Teams are likely to be after him, so he could go to a better side....id imagine LVG is after CBs so he could be a cheap Utd CB, used to playing 3 at the back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Giroud and Hazard
    or
    Sturridge and De Jong?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Rightlad91

Does anyone think Bojan for stoke is good value at 5.5 for a striker?? seeing stokes early fixtures has made me want to put in one of their players and literally none of their midfielders sticks out to me. I know bojan is more of a inside forward as opposed to an out and out stiker but he still could clock up a few goals . thoughts???

Calculated gamble id say. Teams are likely to be after him, so he could go to a better side....id imagine LVG is after CBs so he could be a cheap Utd CB, used to playing 3 at the back

He's cheap and guaranteed to play but look at Lambert's teams in the last three seasons:

11/12 at Norwich - 3 clean sheets
    12/13 at Villa - 5 clean sheets
    13/14 at Villa - 9 clean sheets

17 clean sheets over 114 games. I'd have no faith in him at all. Norwich kept 8 clean sheets the season after he left, doubling their total the season before under him.

Certain managers and their tactics just don't suit clean sheets (Martin Jol) and Lambert is one IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

wonski wrote: »
    Stoke has a very handy fixtures list. I will have 2 of their players to save some cash for future purchases.

Fixtures:

Aston Villa (H)
    Hull (A)
    City (A)
    Leicester (H)
    QPR (A)
    Newcastle (H)
    Sunderland (A)
    Swansea(H)
    Southampton (A)
    West Ham (H)
    Spurs (A)
    Burnley (H)

They will go down after that - the worst schedule possible for them.

I understand there are no easy games, especially for Stoke, but the start of the season couldn't be any easier.

Good post - what defenders are likely to play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Mikey23

First pass at mine. Already see I'm falling into popular traps with my money mostly in midfield for a 3-5-2

Mannone / Krul rotating

Debuchy
    Shaw
    Davies
    Wisdom
    Trippier

Hazard
    Sigurdsson
    Sanchez
    Eriksen
    De Jong (one I'm least confident about)

Dzeko
    Rooney
    Zamora

I don't think Gilks has any chance of playing Heaton will be first choice.

We'll see. Id be surprised if he left Blackpool just to sit on the bench all season. I know he wont start the season in nets but I'd be surprised if he made 0 appearances this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

roryc wrote: »
    Good post - what defenders are likely to play?

I understand it's likely to be Pieters, Shawcross, Huth and Bardsley/Cameron.

I'd expect the same but you're still paying at least 10 million for two defenders guaranteed to play unless it is made clear whether Bardsley or Cameron play.

I'd go with Huth and Pieters for 10 million if going for two Stoke but, bear in mind, you could get:

Collocini at Newcastle and O'Shea at Sunderland for 9 million.
    Taylor at Swansea and Huth at Stoke (who rotate well) would be 9.5 million.
    Ward at Palace and Simpson at QPR (who rotate well) would be 9.5 also.
    Davies at Spurs and Enrique at Liverpool would be 10 million.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 26 Rightlad91

Will someone rate my team please??

Gk's : Green (qpr) and Schmiechal (leicester) : I plan on operating a rotation system.

Defence: Shaw Caulker Ward Debuchy Bruce

Mid: Mata Fabregas De Jong Barkley Ince

Forward: Rooney Sturridge Ings

Think i will swap shaw out for luis and possibly ideye or austin for ings.. other than that im pretty happy.. anybody wanna shed some light?

Cheers - if Cameron nailed down a spot he would be a bargain. Huth is reasonably priced at £5m. Well capable of scoring goals (6 and 3 assists in 10/11) and usually priced at £5.5m. He missed most of last season with a knee injury, has he been playing pre-season?

Dearg81 wrote: »
    We'll see. Id be surprised if he left Blackpool just to sit on the bench all season. I know he wont start the season in nets but I'd be surprised if he made 0 appearances this season.
    think anyone would of left blackpool at the time infairness..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Rightlad91 wrote: »
    Will someone rate my team please??

Gk's : Green (qpr) and Schmiechal (leicester) : I plan on operating a rotation system.

Defence: Shaw Caulker Ward Debuchy Bruce

Mid: Mata Fabregas De Jong Barkley Ince

Forward: Rooney Sturridge Ings

Think i will swap shaw out for luis and possibly ideye or austin for ings.. other than that im pretty happy.. anybody wanna shed some light?

I think you could do better with your goalkeepers. Krul and Mannone also rotate well and I would see them as a much stronger pairing. I wouldn't be going for Barkley myself, I think there's better options than him. Wouldn't be convinced by Ince either, is he even guaranteed to play?

Other than that, fairly solid.

Playing around with my backline again - it's interesting what you can do with no £4m defenders. This is on a £35.5m budget for defence. Doubling up on Huth and Pieters is an interesting one, especially with their opening fixtures. City (A) is their only really tough fixture, and I would play 3-4-3 after GW1, dropping Huth/Pieters to the bench in favour of Terry/Ferdinand/Mariappa. Stoke have historically been a tough team to break down, especially at home, and if Huth is back I would expect them to improve from their 9 clean sheets they got last year. They got 12 in the previous season, so seeing 4 or 5 clean sheets from their first 10 games would not be impossible.

In saying that... Rio Ferdinand would be in my team! Would be nice having the option of 5 playing defenders though.

r1ddfc.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Lemlin wrote: »
    Collocini at Newcastle and O'Shea at Sunderland for 9 million.
    Taylor at Swansea and Huth at Stoke (who rotate well) would be 9.5 million.
    Ward at Palace and Simpson at QPR (who rotate well) would be 9.5 also.
    Davies at Spurs and Enrique at Liverpool would be 10 million.

For value the Sunderland Newcastle combo above is hard to beat. I'd probably go with Van Aarnholt (sp?) from Sunderland. Also keep and eye on Dummet(4m) at Newcastle as he could yet start at FB and if so may have some FKs.

Stoke/Swansea is great for fixtures, but at 10m a bit pricey for defence scroogea like myself. A yellow pack option could also be Chester (Hull) and Burnley (several options at 4.5 and possibly Duff at 4.0).

It may work out to have Hull, Burnley Newcastle and Sunderland starters for 17m....but I'm a hopeless optimist! :)

Advertisement