Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FSA FPL Rate My Team Thread 2014-15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

De Jong and Dzeko

Or

Sturridge and 4.5m mid such as Albrighton

????

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

FHFC wrote: »
    De Jong and Dzeko

Or

Sturridge and 4.5m mid such as Albrighton

????

The question is essentially de Jong and Dzeko or Sturridge, because you won't get much impact from a £4.5m midfielder.

I'd go for de Jong and Dzeko.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

316542.png

First pass at creating a team I would actually field. I always do best with a 5 man midfield. But I feel I'm dreaming with this one. The defence and bench are too weak.

What do others think?

Paully D wrote: »
    The question is essentially de Jong and Dzeko or Sturridge, because you won't get much impact from a £4.5m midfielder.

Was worried about not having Sturridge and looked at sacrificing one of my 5 man midfield to fit him in, at ythe expense of my 352 plans.

But when I put it in the terms above, I think I stick to my guns, knowing that I can get him in two transfers if he becomes essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭bodking

Im getting close

GK - De Gea ( Playing for 6 weeks )
    DEf - Cameron - Jagielka - Rosenior
    Mid - Sterling - Eriksen - Fábregas - Mata
    For - Dzeko - Giroud - D costa

Bench
    GK - Myhill
    Def - Sagna - Steven Taylor
    Mid - Albrighton

Comments , Advice ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Paully D wrote: »

I've gone for the 4.5 mid. What's your opinion on:

Krul Mannone
    Terry, Jonny Evans, Taylor, Targett, Widsom (will be changed to someone who plays)
    Ramsey Mata Hazard Siggy (Albrighton)
    Jelavic Sturridge Rooney

• Registered Users Posts: 4,650 ✭✭✭sheroman01

bodking wrote: »
    Im getting close

GK - De Gea ( Playing for 6 weeks )
    DEf - Cameron - Jagielka - Rosenior
    Mid - Sterling - Eriksen - Fábregas - Mata
    For - Dzeko - Giroud - D costa

Bench
    GK - Myhill
    Def - Sagna - Steven Taylor
    Mid - Albrighton

Comments , Advice ??

Nice team! I'd only look at changing your sub GK and Defenders - You have 13.5 to play with meaning a 4.5m GK and either 4.5m x2 or 5m + 4m defender. I'd play around with that. E.g. Krul/Manone, O'Shea/Vlaar, Ben Davies/Bruce

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭bodking

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Nice team! I'd only look at changing your sub GK and Defenders - You have 13.5 to play with meaning a 4.5m GK and either 4.5m x2 or 5m + 4m defender. I'd play around with that. E.g. Krul/Manone, O'Shea/Vlaar, Ben Davies/Bruce

I played 1 GK last year and De gea has 6 good starting fixtures

16 Aug 12:45Gameweek 1Swansea (H)24 Aug 16:00Gameweek 2Sunderland (A)30 Aug 12:45Gameweek 3Burnley (A)14 Sep 16:00Gameweek 4QPR (H)21 Sep 13:30Gameweek 5Leicester (A)27 Sep 15:00Gameweek 6West Ham (H)

and from there I can look around wouldn't mind transferring a goalie at W7.

At which point my attack may have changed freeing up some funds but I am not too unhappy with my defence given the funds I had too play with

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Tinkering some more.
    Now looking at:
    Mannone,
    Jones, Terry, Dawson.
    Fabregas, Ramsey, Eriksen, Mata,
    Rooney, Costa, Jelavic.

Had De Gea, but downgraded to Mannone to strengthen the shocking defence I had.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Lemlin wrote: »
    I've gone for the 4.5 mid. What's your opinion on:

Krul Mannone
    Terry, Jonny Evans, Taylor, Targett, Widsom (will be changed to someone who plays)
    Jelavic Sturridge Rooney

I think it's good. My thoughts:

Bertrand has just signed for Southampton so there goes Targett as a potential starter and Wisdom likely won't start ahead of Gamboa but you have acknowledged that yourself.

Midfield is nice IMO. All starters are proven FPL players and should play a key role for their teams. I'd be slightly cautious on Ramsey for £9m as I think he may play in that deeper 2 alongside Arteta (or preferably from an Arsenal viewpoint a new signing) and there may be other players around that price point who will get more attacking opportunities, but he's more than capable of making bursting runs up and down.

Rooney and Sturridge are perfect but personally I wouldn't be sure on Jelavic. Admittedly I don't rate him all that much as a player, but to be fair Hull do have some nice fixtures to start off and they may be that little bit sharper at the very beginning due to Europa League qualifiers. It's all about hitting on that £6.0m third striker but that's the case for the vast majority and if they were sure things as points scorers, they wouldn't be that price I suppose.

Overall, it's a good team, but I would be a bit worried about your defence. I think going with Rooney and Sturridge has negated defensive balance but that's not a secret that sacrifices have to be made for such a top strikeforce. If I was to advise on anything it would be that you really need to find a third CB that will rotate well enough with Taylor to pair alongside Terry and Evans every week, Swansea got only 2 clean sheets away from home last season so playing Taylor away from home would be the equivalent of starting each week with a 1 or 2 point defender in the side. Maybe you could downgrade Hazard to Fabregas to free up £1m and switch Targett or Wisdom to Pieters or Huth to give you a fixture run of AVL, BUR, WBA, LEI, SOT, NEW, NEW, SWA, LEI, WHM, ARS, BUR, CPL, QPR thanks to the excellent Stoke/Swansea rotation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Last season look at the attacking players most people had during the season:

City - Nasri, Silva, Aguero, Dzeko
    Arsenal - Ramsey, Ozil, Giroud
    United - Rooney, Mata
    Spurs - Eriksen, Ade
    Liverpool - Gerrard, Sterling, Suarez, Sturridge
    Chelsea - Hazard/Oscar

They are from a "coverage" of the top six clubs. Its generally accepted that at some point during the season you are going to need "coverage" from one of the top six clubs when they are playing well. Can you honestly say you've ever gone a full season in this game without an attacking player from one of that top six? I know I certainly never have. Perhaps Spurs but certainly not the other five.

The clubs you need "coverage" from will revolve over the course of the season but the simple fact is you'll always have some form of "coverage" from these clubs at points when they are playing well.

To me to say "coverage" doesn't exist is totally incorrect IMO. I also don't think it would be as widely accepted a philosophy in the game if it didn't.

I think you were forgetting one thing there Lemlin; United finished 7th last season!

jebforever wrote: »
    I think you were forgetting one thing there Lemlin; United finished 7th last season!

I was waiting for someone to day that. I do t expect it to happen again. 1 season in 20 outside thr top three doesn't stop them being a top 4 club for me!

Here's another either/or snap opinion - assuming I could spare 1m elsewhere in the team....

A). De Jong + Dzeko (15.5)

Or

B) Silva + Pelle. (16.5m)

My midfield in full would be Fabregas, Mata, Sanchez, Siggy, Silva/De Jong
    Attack, Rooney, Bojan, Dzeko / Pelle

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

What's with all the Bojan love? He was awful last year. He could be priced at 4m and I still wouldn't put him in my team.

8-10 wrote: »
    What's with all the Bojan love? He was awful last year. He could be priced at 4m and I still wouldn't put him in my team.

I'm going 352 with him as cheap sub striker. He'll start, one of the most certain under 6m, and rotates perfectly with siggy so can be used if he has a much better fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Jovetic pre season form must be putting pressure on Dzekos game time....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Rosco79 wrote: »
    Jovetic pre season form must be putting pressure on Dzekos game time....

Certain starter in my book. Pellegrini has praised him 3 or 4 times this summer now saying he knows he's going To have a big season, 4 goals in last 2 games plus Negredo's injury, he'll start against Newcastle opening day for sure. I reckon Dzeko will be getting most of his game time in the champions league at least for the first 6-8 weeks. 8m could be the bargain of the game for Jovetic!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

FHFC wrote: »
    I'm going 352 with him as cheap sub striker. He'll start, one of the most certain under 6m, and rotates perfectly with siggy so can be used if he has a much better fixture.

Meh I'd still prefer siggy away to Bojan at home regardless of fixture. Unless something miraculous has happened I can't see him being ownable this season.

Other thing is you can't really get much if you have to transfer him out.

My personal views based on his hapless performances last year. Would love to be wrong, and if I am I'll put my hands up and transfer him in! No way I'm having him from the start though

8-10 wrote: »
    Meh I'd still prefer siggy away to Bojan at home regardless of fixture. Unless something miraculous has happened I can't see him being ownable this season.

Other thing is you can't really get much if you have to transfer him out.

My personal views based on his hapless performances last year. Would love to be wrong, and if I am I'll put my hands up and transfer him in! No way I'm having him from the start though

Don't really disagree. He's bench fodder for me, I like that he'll almost certainly start, probably in the hole behind a big striker in a decent team. I know very littleaabout him other than the feature on FFS.

Regarding transferring him out, if and when you are proved right, it will most likely be for which ever 4.5 to 5.5 striker has emerged a a starter.

gstack166 wrote: »
    Certain starter in my book. Pellegrini has praised him 3 or 4 times this summer now saying he knows he's going To have a big season, 4 goals in last 2 games plus Negredo's injury, he'll start against Newcastle opening day for sure. I reckon Dzeko will be getting most of his game time in the champions league at least for the first 6-8 weeks. 8m could be the bargain of the game for Jovetic!

Did Pellegrini not do the same last year with Dzeko and then bench him three games into the season? iirc he did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Current draft..

Mannone
    Krul

Filipe Luis
    Shaw
    Davies
    Targett
    Baird

Fabregas
    Mata
    Siggy
    Eriksen
    Ramsey

Rooney
    Dzeko
    Bojan

Probably spending too much in defense. Might change things up to get D.Costa instead of Dzeko and a City mid instead of Fabregas. So many FF legendary midfielders to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭G1032

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I dont think Wisdom will be first choice as they signed the Gamboa, I know you probably have him in there as your choices are limited but I cant see him getting many points even if he does play.

Also I noticed a lot of teams with Debuchy even though Arsenal have some tough games to start with. Might be better off waiting a while before bringing him in. I've gone with Huth(Stoke) and Taylor(Swansea) instead of Debuchy and Wisdom, they rotate really well, their first 6 games are: AVL BUR WBA LEI SOT NEW.

Geoff Cameron is 0.5 cheaper than Huth. Is he not guaranteed starter or what??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Did Pellegrini not do the same last year with Dzeko and then bench him three games into the season? iirc he did.

Like last year people are reading way too much into pre season too early. City for example compared to utd and liverpool have given the players involved in the world cup extra time off. Last night was the first time the majority of the city squad that featured in the group stages of the world cup featured yaya, dzeko, english players. Utd for example have had rooney, wellbeck , mata all playing from the very start of pre season and there players are attracting a lot of attention partly as a lot of the other bigger players havent featured yet. Jovetic will feature more than last year but dzeko and aguero havent really been on the radar yet so the odds have been stacked in jovetics favour. Arsenal had the most players play in the latter stages of the wcup so we havent really seen them play their big guns yet so at this stage its a false reflection of where things stand.
    The pre season games that matter are each teams last 2 games as players start to get 90 mins and teams tend to put out their strongest team and thats when Id pay particular attention to line ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Nuts102

I watched Jovetic last night he was everywhere. He scored two and should have had three or four the defenders couldn't mark him. I have never seen much of him and he is a risk but i was very impressed. But hard to see Dzeko not starting as first choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭Rosco79

Nuts102 wrote: »
    I watched Jovetic last night he was everywhere. He scored two and should have had three or four the defenders couldn't mark him. I have never seen much of him and he is a risk but i was very impressed. But hard to see Dzeko not starting as first choice.

I saw him last night too and he was excellent, I too would expect Dzeko to start but hes definitely a little more uncertain than I thought he was

• Registered Users Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭G1032

First draft done
    e01c26b3b244875f97541389c571dae9.png

Not overly excited about it! Don't really like Jovetic or Lambert in there.

I could go
    Sanchez, Jovetic, Lambert
    or
    Ramsey, Giroud, Dzeko

I also think I have a lot invested in Terry at 6.5m but he can easily be swapped out for anyone excpet Coleman, Baines or Ivanovic

Don't like the fact that I've got two Spurs players either and going with the Ramsey, Giroud, Dzeko would leave me with no Liverpool cover

So all in all it seems I don't like my team one little bit..........!!!!

Any other ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

G1032 wrote: »
    First draft done

I could go
    or
    Ramsey, Giroud, Dzeko

I also think I have a lot invested in Terry at 6.5m but he can easily be swapped out for anyone excpet Coleman, Baines or Ivanovic

Don't like the fact that I've got two Spurs players either and going with the Ramsey, Giroud, Dzeko would leave me with no Liverpool cover

Any other ideas?

Terry -> Luis (frees up .5mil)
    Jovetic -> Dzeko (seem to be a fan favourite around here)
    Lambert -> Riviere/Remy?

No Liverpool players then i know but as a Pool fan i'm fairly sure Lambert will be a bit player/impact sub for most games. maybe try save elsewhere and bring Couthino in but it's hard to know who is going to start for us in midfield with the new signings etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Nuts102

G1032 wrote: »
    First draft done
    e01c26b3b244875f97541389c571dae9.png

I could go
    or
    Ramsey, Giroud, Dzeko

Any other ideas?

I mean Lambert and Jovetic are not guaranteed starters i couldn't have them at all.

Thanks to some input form kennyb3 and Iused2likebusts my team has now evolved from:

Mannone/Krul
    Jelavic Sturridge Rooney

to

De Gea/Given
    Terry, Collocini, O'Shea, Taylor, Wisdom
    Jelavic Sturridge Rooney

I'm happy with that. Just need to get a 4 mil defensive starter to replace Wisdom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

And this is the team

14606398110_4de6ef4c74_m.jpg
    (though it is subject to change!)

Advertisement