Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Warm, Thunderstorms, Flash flooding - Friday through weekend

Options
1232425262729»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

Got 0mm of rain today everything was about 20 miles away at its closest

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

barely any noticeable rain here over past 3 days, bit of drizzle earlier on. mostly been dry, very warm and quite sunny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭whitebriar

Here is 20 seconds of the thunder rain from Friday mornings storm around 430am near Arklow that I put on Dropbox from my phone.
    it's dark so turn the sound up.The first lightning I saw that night was about 355 am to the south of me.
    The last was nearer to 7am,so quite a long event down here.
    You will hear the very heavy rain first.
    You will also notice there is no gap between the lightning and this particular thunderclap meaning the storm is overhead.
    videos don't capture the real life volume of thunder.

Depending what you watch this on you may need a plug in I am not sure.

Anyhow enjoy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0jkunqkv181ps0w/20140718_050213.mp4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭lolie

Seen that storm yesterday evening from a few miles away, some nice CG flashes from it .
    Looked like a really impressive cell, that was until i seen the monster over France on meteox.
    Ballyhaise recorded 44.8 mm so some places may have got 2 inches from it.

Here's a screen shot of a flash, will try and see later if there's anything worth putting on a video.
    315290.png

• Registered Users Posts: 23,473 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It's been fun but the time for this thread has passed. Might be another one for both heat and more storms later in the week. Fingers crossed!:) Very good week ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,118 ✭✭✭pad199207

Got this video of the lightning off the Wexford coast here in Naas. Was very bright considering the distance!
    It's taken with a camera phone so bear with the focus is a bit off.
    Lightning increases in frequency after 1:15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement