Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very Warm, Thunderstorms, Flash flooding - Friday through weekend

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,901 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Rikand wrote: »
    Where is " Storm 10 " now ?

Went out as far as Claregalway saw or heard nothing so turned back, too far East to go after it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

If you run the met.ie radar, it looks like they might be joining together.

315096.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

seanaway wrote: »
    An excellent idea! Thank you.

Would you care to explain that now to my other half? :D

You're comparing beer drinking temperatures as part of a scientific experiment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Some crazy storms in northern France at the moment, rain rates off the charts at over 250mm/hr and 14000 sferics in the past two hours. Looks to be headed in my general direction so an interesting night ahead, camera at the ready!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Met Eireann said all areas were at risk there was no where in the forecast where they excluded Galway

Response slightly delayed...
    Depends on how you read things but this is what I was referring to. Galway was not really in the scope at all.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91322587&postcount=3383

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭seanaway

Pwindedd wrote: »
    You're comparing beer drinking temperatures as part of a scientific experiment!
    BRILLIANT!!:D

If I'm not back here within the hour you'll knw it didn;t work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Darwin

Harps wrote: »
    Some crazy storms in northern France at the moment, rain rates off the charts at over 250mm/hr and 14000 sferics in the past two hours. Looks to be headed in my general direction so an interesting night ahead, camera at the ready!

Yep, French met service have an Orange alert for a good portion of the West coast (from Bordeaux) northwards. It hit 37c today in parts!

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mountainy man

I can hear thunder to the east of me, just started to pee here, looks like Leitrim will get a good show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Darwin wrote: »
    Yep, French met service have an Orange alert for a good portion of the West coast (from Bordeaux) northwards. It hit 37c today in parts!

Made it to 32C here and experiencing some of the most oppressive heat I've ever felt at the moment, drenched in sweat just sitting in the garden

Spaceship incoming now :D

0FMtg.jpg

Looks like it might just miss London to the east but a long night ahead yet

Have no idea what that means but it sounds great.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Made it to 32C here and experiencing some of the most oppressive heat I've ever felt at the moment, drenched in sweat just sitting in the garden

Spaceship incoming now :D

0FMtg.jpg

Looks like it might just miss London to the east but a long night ahead yet

The way that storm grows in the time frame is unreal. Got be a super storm by the time it reaches London?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

I see another storm forming north of Bordeaux too. That's growing into a beast heading north.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭lolie

I have the brother in London warned to have his camera ready.
    His girlfriend was getting a bit worried last night with the lightning.

Anyone watching that cell moving up through Longford/Sligo now?
    Some nice radar returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

There's a live eviction at the big brother house in london over the next 2 hours. It could make for interesting television.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭pad199207

Can see the anvil of the storm in the n midlands from here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,093 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Some serious claps of thunder in Castlebar now with fork lightning

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Video

There's a live eviction at the big brother house in london over the next 2 hours. It could make for interesting television.

The only possible reason i would watch that crap... will check it out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭vickers209

Level 2 over London tomorrow Nada over here

showforecast.cgi?lightningmap=yes&fcstfile=2014072006_201407181935_2_stormforecast.xml

A level 1 and level 2 were issued for England, France and BeNeLux for large hail, severe wind gusts, excessive precipitation and to a lesser extent for tornadoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

I can hear thunder to the east of me, just started to pee here, looks like Leitrim will get a good show.

I happened to be out and about in Dromahair around the time you posted that... the sky was very dark and heavy looking to the east but it either moved off or decayed very quickly, as when I drove out of the village a bit to see what was happening but the sky was lightening back to blue.... not a hint of lightning to be seen either, no thunder either... so no joy for me. Its raining now but its not the torrents I had been expecting from the skies earlier. It feels pretty close.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Some serious claps of thunder in Castlebar now with fork lightning

Isn't all lightning forked...just saying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

vicwatson wrote: »
    Isn't all lightning forked...just saying

Sort of a trick question. Yes. But we do accept various CG configurations and observations. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Of that im aware sir !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dacogawa

England/Wales getting all the fun, the south east looks amazing!

http://www.lightningmaps.org/realtime?lang=en

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭rameire

There is a massive rain cell over Wales at the moment. Wondering if this cell will continue nw and skirt of northern ire or will it turn West towards the dub region

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28366535

just in case people missed some spectacular images

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

That was our storm and they nicked it typical... Anyway I'm hopeful of getting some welsh imports later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

Not jealous. At all. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

Bucketing down in North Tipp right now, few miles south of Nenagh. Judging by radar this developed slowly and will probably be equally slow to move on or dissipate. Possibilities for lots more later on too, I'd say

West Waterford extreme humidity. No sign of a good storm to break it up though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Just had what I think is the heaviest shower I have ever experienced in Cork City - it was bucketing down for at least 15 mins and it's starting again now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement