Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An example of my writing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

intereasting. One of the interesting phrases in the story (which I will get back to in a moment) is: "All Other Clothes Suddenly Burst Open!". Basically, what this means is that multiple garments rip and burst open at the same time.

Not entirely sure yet as to how it fits with the story but will work that out someway

Good luck with it, enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

also, another thought just occurred to me there.

Basically, as Andrea is a witch, she's probably used to bursting or bursting out of her clothes in such instances of magic. She does think at one point think, as burst-out in the tent happens, "Oh no! That's yet ANOTHER gypsy skirt gone!" meaning that she is more than aware of whats going on.

Now I should point out, that she's not intending to burst her clothes. This is sometimes just an unfortunate side-effect of her spells and potions sometimes backfiring on her.

dee_mc wrote: »
    Good luck with it, enjoy!

I certainly will. I'll be posting up the full story soon.

just one final question for now, i know that you can probably burst a skirt or pop a shirt or blouse. You can't really pop or rip a school jumper though, can you?

Finally, how do you think two schoolgirls would feel if they both stained their school uniforms accidentally in some way? Would a teacher comment on their uniforms at all?

Sorry again about my useless ramblings there!

I certainly will. I'll be posting up the full story soon.

just one final question for now, i know that you can probably burst a skirt or pop a shirt or blouse. You can't really pop or rip a school jumper though, can you?

Finally, how do you think two schoolgirls would feel if they both stained their school uniforms accidentally in some way? Would a teacher comment on their uniforms at all?

Sorry again about my useless ramblings there!

A class teacher would more than likely comment on a stained uniform, particularly in a strict all girls school. The reaction of the student would vary wildly depending on the individual.
    I don't know how to answer the question about the stretchiness or otherwise of school jumpers though - surely you're not getting bogged down in striving to be realistic about the properties of fabric under pressure due to the effects of, um, magic, are you?!

A class teacher would more than likely comment on a stained uniform, particularly in a strict all girls school. The reaction of the student would vary wildly depending on the individual.
    I don't know how to answer the question about the stretchiness or otherwise of school jumpers though - surely you're not getting bogged down in striving to be realistic about the properties of fabric under pressure due to the effects of, um, magic, are you?!

No I'm not actually. The school in question is all-girls secondary school.

"A class teacher would more than likely comment on a stained uniform, particularly in a strict all girls school."

Sorry for asking but could you give an examples of this?

What exactly do you think they would say?

• Advertisement

No I'm not actually. The school in question is all-girls secondary school.

"A class teacher would more than likely comment on a stained uniform, particularly in a strict all girls school."

Sorry for asking but could you give an examples of this?

What exactly do you think they would say?

I've worked in schools where we were required to have a 'uniform check' once a week at a designated time and keep a record of any issues like a missing tie or a torn garment etc, just to make sure uniforms were being maintained from week to week.
    Other than that, if I noticed a kid in a stained uniform I'd probably say 'What happened there? Make sure it's sorted by tomorrow'.
    I've known teachers who would say and do alot more than that, but again it totally depends on individuals.

I've worked in schools where we were required to have a 'uniform check' once a week at a designated time and keep a record of any issues like a missing tie or a torn garment etc, just to make sure uniforms were being maintained from week to week.
    Other than that, if I noticed a kid in a stained uniform I'd probably say 'What happened there? Make sure it's sorted by tomorrow'.
    I've known teachers who would say and do alot more than that, but again it totally depends on individuals.

yes indeed. I suppose it does. I was only ever a student when i was in school (a long time ago!) but I was never questioned about the state of my school uniform (so i did take care of it).

Would a teacher also comment on the lenght of a girl's skirt? (i.e. is it too short?, etc)

yes indeed. I suppose it does. I was only ever a student when i was in school (a long time ago!) but I was never questioned about the state of my school uniform (so i did take care of it).

Would a teacher also comment on the lenght of a girl's skirt? (i.e. is it too short?, etc)

Depending on the school, they might yeah. I think the school I went to had a rule that the skirt could end no more than 2 inches above the knee, something like that. Schoolgirls will roll their skirt at the waistline in order to make it shorter without actually cutting it.

:)
    As a teacher, I'd probably have asked any students that might have been hanging around if they knew why there were uniforms abandoned, and I might or might not have mentioned it in the staff room during the next break. I wouldn't immediately assume there was something big happening - weird stuff goes down in schools every day, so I don't think it'd seem like a big deal![/QUOTE]

Really? I would have thought (or maybe its just me!) that the discovery of two abandoned (in this case) girls' school uniforms down the back of a classroom would be very unusual.

If you did mention it to a fellow colleague in the staffroom, how would you tell them?

As a teacher, I'd probably have asked any students that might have been hanging around if they knew why there were uniforms abandoned, and I might or might not have mentioned it in the staff room during the next break. I wouldn't immediately assume there was something big happening - weird stuff goes down in schools every day, so I don't think it'd seem like a big deal!

Really? I would have thought (or maybe its just me!) that the discovery of two abandoned (in this case) girls' school uniforms down the back of a classroom would be very unusual.

If you did mention it to a fellow colleague in the staffroom, how would you tell them?[/QUOTE]

I'd probably just ask if they'd heard anything about a prank involving uniform, or seen students going around without uniform. If I really thought something was a bit off I might go to the office and compare morning and afternoon rolls to see if anyone was AWOL.
    As I say, unusual happening aren't that unusual in a building full of teenagers!

• Advertisement

[QUOTE= "As I say, unusual happening aren't that unusual in a building full of teenagers![/QUOTE]

can you give any examples? would help me a lot. thanks

[QUOTE=If I really thought something was a bit off I might go to the office and compare morning and afternoon rolls to see if anyone was AWOL.
    As I say, unusual happening aren't that unusual in a building full of teenagers![/QUOTE]

do you mean if some students were going around without the proper full uniform or something like that?

Ah I don't know, all sorts of minor pranks etc, I can't think of any that would make any sense out of context!
    When I mentioned checking rolls I was referring just to attendance - any student that might have missed afternoon roll call without an explanatory note.

A class teacher would more than likely comment on a stained uniform, particularly in a strict all girls school. The reaction of the student would vary wildly depending on the individual

I suppose so. It probably would depend on the personality of the student or students involved, wouldn't it? Some may not care whereas others could possibly be worried that their might be annoyed at them.

This actually brings me on to something (nothing to do with this story) which has always puzzled me. How do women react if their clothes are suddenly stained.

2) Do younger women react more abruptly to older women?

P.S.: I'm asking this because I've always had this particular image in mind: A woman is sitting down at a table eating her lunch consisting of some soup when some soup drips off the spoon she is holding to her mouth and stains her top and skirt. She gasps and jerks back throwing her arms up.

(Again, sorry for asking but just curious)

Just had a quick think there. The story is now called:

"Andrea: The School Witch."

The Tent Collapse the climax, occurs at the end of the story.

Also, the age group for this story is 18 plus due to some adult description and language in the story.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 429 ✭✭Export

Hi there.
    I've only read as far as page 8 of 10 pages here, but feel compelled to stick my oar in!

Andrea sounds like a very confused character. It is hard to tell whether she is likeable or evil.
    Her dress sense is appaling. No self respecting woman would combine a crisp white shirt and blazer with a flowing gypsy skirt and big thick boots!
    She's either funky and quirky or she's 'crisp' and tailored.

I would aim this book at readers aged 10-12, therefore the girls should be of a similar age.

I really liked when you wrote the dialogue screen-play like. I would not personally talk about a good long shower though lol.

As a reader, I'd prefer if you focused more on the girls and their characters. Less so on the teacher. Let the reader identify with the characters their age (doubtful you'd have any middle-aged shirt and skirt clad witches reading).

There is no need to focus on the teacher always wearing the same clothes. If the clothes she is wearing is relevant only to one incident, then only describe the clothes she was wearing on that day.

It's good stuff though. I am looking forward to reading back through the last few pages of posts.

Btw - the above is just MY opinion. It doesn't necessarily mean it's the correct advice!

Export wrote: »
    Hi there.
    I've only read as far as page 8 of 10 pages here, but feel compelled to stick my oar in!

Andrea sounds like a very confused character. It is hard to tell whether she is likeable or evil.
    Her dress sense is appaling. No self respecting woman would combine a crisp white shirt and blazer with a flowing gypsy skirt and big thick boots!
    She's either funky and quirky or she's 'crisp' and tailored.

I would aim this book at readers aged 10-12, therefore the girls should be of a similar age.

I really liked when you wrote the dialogue screen-play like. I would not personally talk about a good long shower though lol.

As a reader, I'd prefer if you focused more on the girls and their characters. Less so on the teacher. Let the reader identify with the characters their age (doubtful you'd have any middle-aged shirt and skirt clad witches reading).

There is no need to focus on the teacher always wearing the same clothes. If the clothes she is wearing is relevant only to one incident, then only describe the clothes she was wearing on that day.

It's good stuff though. I am looking forward to reading back through the last few pages of posts.

Btw - the above is just MY opinion. It doesn't necessarily mean it's the correct advice!

hey there! Thanks for taking a look!

Point No.1: "Andrea sounds like a very confused character. It is hard to tell whether she is likeable or evil."

Okay, this obvious needs to become a lot more clearer. There does seem to be a lot of uncertainty with regard to her character so I will try and clear that up.

Point No. 2: "Her dress sense is appaling. No self respecting woman would combine a crisp white shirt and blazer with a flowing gypsy skirt and big thick boots! She's either funky and quirky or she's 'crisp' and tailored."

Really? I wouldn't have thought that. To be honest, I only picked a particular outfit at random. I chose a black gypsy skirt mainly because I simply like the look of it. Maybe it should be the case that Andrea is "crisp and tailored." I was thinking of putting her into a long pencil skirt? You know? Something that she can burst out of?

She's not the most careful when wearing her clothes sometimes! There is one point where she exclaims to herself: "Oh no! Not ANOTHER skirt gone!"

Furthermore, Andrea's outfit, as described, are NOT the ONLY clothes she has. She does have other skirts that she does wear.

Point No. 3: "I would aim this book at readers aged 10-12, therefore the girls should be of a similar age."

Okay. I was originally thinking a little bit older (around 17 to 19) as there is a reference to the girls shirt popping open in the story. There was also going to be a reference to underwear but I can certainly change it to fit a much younger readership.

Point No. 4: "As a reader, I'd prefer if you focused more on the girls and their characters."

Absolutely. I will be doing full character development for each of the girls so that will hopefully sort that out.Maybe, two junior girls and two senior girls?

Point No.5: "I really liked when you wrote the dialogue screen-play like. I would not personally talk about a good long shower though lol."

Thanks. That was really just a way of trying to get an idea of who these characters are and what their personalities are like.

Point No. 6: "There is no need to focus on the teacher always wearing the same clothes. If the clothes she is wearing is relevant only to one incident, then only describe the clothes she was wearing on that day."

True enough. And she probably wouldn't wear the same outfit to school each day either (then again, maybe she would!). Her clothes are relevant to the story in the sense that she basically bursts out of them so maybe tighter-fitting clothes may be necessary? Not only does Andrea burst her clothes but her students also burst out of their school uniforms as well! (at least that's the idea!)

It is a really good story alright and I will keep developing it. Thanks again for the comments. I really appreciate all constructive comments. Feel free to comment on it again!

hey there! Thanks for taking a look!

Point No.1: "Andrea sounds like a very confused character. It is hard to tell whether she is likeable or evil."

Okay, this obvious needs to become a lot more clearer. There does seem to be a lot of uncertainty with regard to her character so I will try and clear that up.

Point No. 2: "Her dress sense is appaling. No self respecting woman would combine a crisp white shirt and blazer with a flowing gypsy skirt and big thick boots! She's either funky and quirky or she's 'crisp' and tailored."

Really? I wouldn't have thought that. To be honest, I only picked a particular outfit at random. I chose a black gypsy skirt mainly because I simply like the look of it. Maybe it should be the case that Andrea is "crisp and tailored." I was thinking of putting her into a long pencil skirt? You know? Something that she can burst out of?

She's not the most careful when wearing her clothes sometimes! There is one point where she exclaims to herself: "Oh no! Not ANOTHER skirt gone!"

Furthermore, Andrea's outfit, as described, are NOT the ONLY clothes she has. She does have other skirts that she does wear.

Point No. 3: "I would aim this book at readers aged 10-12, therefore the girls should be of a similar age."

Okay. I was originally thinking a little bit older (around 17 to 19) as there is a reference to the girls shirt popping open in the story. There was also going to be a reference to underwear but I can certainly change it to fit a much younger readership.

Point No. 4: "As a reader, I'd prefer if you focused more on the girls and their characters."

Absolutely. I will be doing full character development for each of the girls so that will hopefully sort that out.Maybe, two junior girls and two senior girls?

Point No.5: "I really liked when you wrote the dialogue screen-play like. I would not personally talk about a good long shower though lol."

Thanks. That was really just a way of trying to get an idea of who these characters are and what their personalities are like.

Point No. 6: "There is no need to focus on the teacher always wearing the same clothes. If the clothes she is wearing is relevant only to one incident, then only describe the clothes she was wearing on that day."

True enough. And she probably wouldn't wear the same outfit to school each day either (then again, maybe she would!). Her clothes are relevant to the story in the sense that she basically bursts out of them so maybe tighter-fitting clothes may be necessary? Not only does Andrea burst her clothes but her students also burst out of their school uniforms as well! (at least that's the idea!)

It is a really good story alright and I will keep developing it. Thanks again for the comments. I really appreciate all constructive comments. Feel free to comment on it again!

Easier to burst out of crisp tailored clothes than loose fitting ones (believe me - I know!)

Easier to burst out of crisp tailored clothes than loose fitting ones (believe me - I know!)

Right then! I'm putting Andrea into tailored clothes. Has it happened to yourself by the way?

Right then! I'm putting Andrea into tailored clothes. Has it happened to yourself by the way?

It may have. :)

• Advertisement

It may have. :)

Okay then. Here is Andrea's "revised outfit" (from head to toe):

black cashmere coat.
    Tailored White Blouse
    Long black tight-fitting pencil skirt.
    A pair of fish-net tights.
    Black leather street shoes.

She also wears a white hairband in her hair. I should also point out that the burst-out at the feet and works its way upwards destroying all clothing in the process.

(P.S.: can you think or suggest any other words for either "zipper" (as in skirt zipper) or "button" (as in shirt buttons)

let me know your thoughts!

Okay then. Here is Andrea's "revised outfit" (from head to toe):

black cashmere coat.
    Tailored White Blouse
    Long black tight-fitting pencil skirt.
    Black leather street shoes.

She also wears a white hairband in her hair.

let me know your thoughts!

Never mind the tights - especially not fish-net ones! It's irrelevant anyway.
    She would be wearing black court shoes.
    Her hair would be sleek, demure, understated.

Okay then. How about this then?:

black cashmere coat.
    crisp white tight-fitting blouse
    Long black tight-fitting pencil skirt with a tight belt.
    Black court shoes. (thanks for telling me that! didn't know what they were called!)

What do you think of the tent as the setting? I was originally thinking of the burst out happening in one of the classrooms in the school and there would possibly have been two other teachers involved as well.

Okay guys. Here is a prologue for my story. Let me know your thoughts!

Andrea: The School Witch

Prologue (Version 1)
    Sonia kept tossing and turning. She was having an extrmelly difficult night's sleep.
    ("No! Noo! Not the buttons!.Oh my goodness! What's happening?!")
    She began muttering, her head deeply embedded in her pillow.
    "Now then Julie! Look at what you've done!....What's that?!....Oh Miss O'Brien! Noo! Not your beautiul skirt!"
    Just as seemed like everything was going to collapse in on her.....she woke up suddenly, sweat absolutely running down her brow.
    Her heart was racing. After a few moments, she managed to regain her breath.
    She did eventually get back to sleep.
    The following day at school, Sonia and her classmates were in their geography class. Sitting down the back of the class as she always did, Sonia was a little bit distracted. Though, the teacher, Miss Andrea O'Brien, didn't appear to raise the issue during the class, she did ask to speak to Sonia afterwards.
    "Are you okay Sonia?" she asked a little concerned.
    Sonia nodded.
    Miss O'Brien, even though she could tell that something appeared to be bothering Sonia, decided that the best thing to do at that point was to let it go which she did.
    However, once Sonia got outside the room, Julie and Emma were lying in wait for her.
    As Miss O'Brien cleaned her blackboard in preparation for her next class, she though she heard a commtion outside.
    She immediately put down her duster and hurried towards the door.
    Julie, Emma and Sonia had gotten into a fairly vicious verbal arguement. Julie was on the verge of hitting Sonia but stopped the second that Miss O'Brien appeared.
    After admonishing Julie and Emma by giving them detention and then sending them on their way, she then said to Sonia, "I thought that you said that nothing was wrong? What was all THAT about?!"
    Sonia paused for a moment.
    "Well....Miss...."she began rather nervously.
    "Yes?"
    "Julie and Emma threatened me again! I hate those two!"
    At this, Miss O'Brien stood more stoically.
    "Oh did they now?! What did they say this time then?!"
    "They said that you're....well....a witch!" Sonia blurted out.
    Miss O'Brien folded her arms, sighing heavily.
    "A witch?! Is that really the best that they could come up with?!" she asked a little sarcastically.
    Sonia nodded but then said, "Is it true?"
    "No! It's NOT true at all! What utter nonsense!" Miss O'Brien stated quite adamantly.
    Even though she knew that it was actually a lie, this statement by Miss O'Brien seemed to an immediate calm effect on Sonia.
    "I'm sorry if I appeared to be a little bit distracted earlier Miss." said Sonia. "You see, I had a pretty unsettling dream last night. I couldn't sleep at all at first but I did manage to get some sleep, though not as much as usual but I'm okay now."
    "Okay then Sonia." replied Miss O'Brien. "But just remember: if you DO have any problems either with Julie and Emma or otherwise, you CAN come and talk to me if you really need to. Okay?"
    Sonia nodded and then left to go to her next class.

Miss O'Brien watched Sonia leave. She then walked back into her classroom closing the door behind her. She had a free period before her next class. She couldn't help but think about what Sonia had told her.
    ("So! Julie and Emma think I'm a witch do they?! Well! They've no idea as to how RIGHT they are about that one! One of these days.....they'll find out! Come to think of it.....they'll ALL find out how true that very fact is! Now then! Where's my magic book?!")

As a teacher, I'd probably have asked any students that might have been hanging around if they knew why there were uniforms abandoned, and I might or might not have mentioned it in the staff room during the next break. I wouldn't immediately assume there was something big happening - weird stuff goes down in schools every day, so I don't think it'd seem like a big #
    deal![/QUOTE]

Really? So then, what you would appear to be saying is that students messing around with their school uniforms isn't unusual in any way? The reason why I'm ask.ing is that this is in relation to another story (a novel in fact) where there is an incident in the local secondary school where two young female students mysteriously go missing while on their way from one class to another and their school uniforms are founded abandoned in one of the girls' toilets. At least that was the general idea.

By the way what exactly do school prefects actually do? was never really clear on this even when i was in secondary school!

Here is the second version of the tent burst-out:
    Andrea: The School Witch (Tent Burst-Out!) (Version #2)
    There was s bit of jostling in the tent as the group struggled to try and avoid accidentally hitting each other. At the back, Miss O'Brien was keeping unusually quiet. The reason she was doing so was simply because of the fact that the girls were now beginning to panic as the tent had now begun enclosing in on all of them! She was slightly panicked herself as she knew that this was more than likely a side-effect of the spell that she'd earlier tried to start but she knew that she couldn't show it as she had to try and be in complete control of the situation. She immediately made her way, with great difficulty, over to the front of the tent.

Each of the girls let out a slight yelp of pain as Miss O'Brien shuffled her way over each of them. All of them that is,except for Eva. As Miss O'Brien lay across the top of her, for a moment, she looked up at Miss O'Brien and grinned rather lustfully at her. Miss O'Brien couldn't help it but grin back at Eva; she had an idea as to what exactly Eva was thinking. A slight moan from Julie suddenly brought her back to reality. As soon as she got to the front of the tent, she immediately grasped the front fastener and began pulling at it in a vain effort to try and get it open, but it ultimately proved futile and useless.

Miss O'Brien rather abruptly stopped tugging as she felt her chest suddenly blowing enormously like a giant balloon. The next was that everyone's shirt buttons began pinging, popping and flying everywhere. Instinctively, they all gasped and immediately tried to cover themselves up but this was in vain. A panicked Sonia glanced rather hurriedly towards where Miss O'Brien was kneeling. Her eyes widended in surprise when she saw the back of Miss O'Brien's top split right down the middle!

As Miss O'Brien kept kneeling, she had one hand spread out at her waist. As it bulged, her belt eventually snapped.as her chest swelled up in a most unbelievable and extrodinary way. Her skirt started shredding material; it began firstly by splitting, with the threads coming under an extremely severe amount of pressure, then straining to the absolute limit, but eventually unravelling completely. From underneath, there came a sudden and abrupt flash of extremely thick and prickly dark navy-blue hair.

"Oohh!....Ohhh!....Mmmyyy!" exclaimed Miss O'Brien in a voice filled with a certain degree of somewhat perverse pleasure. "That feels REALLY....GOOD!!" . She had both hands on her now rapidly expanding monstrous hips.

But the girls were having their own problems. Eva had her arm around a frightened Sonia, desperately trying to provide her with some form of protection from all the absolute craziness that was going on. As more and more material kept splitting, fraying and unravelling, Eva suddenly gasped. When Sonia looked at Eva's back, she saw an enormous hunchback now beginning to emerge, much to her horror.

Sonia instantly let go of Eva. From that point on, everything became extremely hazy and blurred as Sonia's unconscious mind retreated from the horror that she was now witnessing. It had all become too much for her; in fact, it was her absolutely worst nightmare! All she could do now was simply bury her now-extremely disfigured monstrously hair hands in her head and just close her eyes. What on earth were they all turning into?!......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

This is the weirdest erotic fiction I've come across since that incestuous snowman thing...

Ficheall wrote: »
    This is the weirdest erotic fiction I've come across since that incestuous snowman thing...

Really? Please forgive me for asking but, how so?

Wouldn't have thought of it as "erotic fiction" as I've never read any of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

womansskirtfan someone suggested moons ago to stop changing your story to suit other people and here you are again changing the clothes to suit op. It's your story you decide.

Not making many comments but still keeping an eye.

• Advertisement

lulu1 wrote: »
    womansskirtfan someone suggested moons ago to stop changing your story to suit other people and here you are again changing the clothes to suit op. It's your story you decide.

Not making many comments but still keeping an eye.

hi lulu1: sorry again but that. I do have a problem with repetitiveness but I seriously AM trying to sort this out. Okay, so the problem appears to be one of consistency?

Okay then, I'm NOT going to change Andrea's clothes. They are now going to stay as I originally outlined so there shouldn't be any more problems there.

BTW, thanks for staying with this story.

Advertisement