Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An example of my writing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

thanks. No I'm not going to give up on it. I think its too good a story to let go off anyway. I just need some time to think and plan it out first.

Just been thinking about my story and have come up with a few revised ideas:

Introduction And Description Of Andrea:
    "Andrea O'Brien. Secondary school chemistry teacher. Also a magical witch, thought at the time of this story, nobody knew anything about this.
    In terms of her overal appearance, she was of standard height. Had long curly dark-brown hair. Her navy-blue coloured eyes sparkled with mischief. She was aslo a woman whom also dressed very femininely. She was nearly always seen wearing the same outfit. Her outfit was: a black, tailored jacket, a new and always-washed and ironed yet slightlt tight-fitting crisp white blouse, an ankle-length long flowing black gypsy skirt with pink and white stripes and a pair of knee-length black boots. In her chocolate-brown hair she wore a white hairband."

The Burst-Out (Excerpt)
    "Julie and Eva both sniggered as buttons began pinging and flying off Miss O'Brien's blouse. Julie laughed and pointed while Eva put a hand over her mouth to try and stifle a giggle. Emma looked at this in horror while Sonia was panicking with Emma trying to calm her down."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Just been thinking about my story and have come up with a few revised ideas:

Introduction And Description Of Andrea:
    "Andrea O'Brien. Secondary school chemistry teacher. Also a magical witch, thought at the time of this story, nobody knew anything about this.
    In terms of her overal appearance, she was of standard height. Had long curly dark-brown hair. Her navy-blue coloured eyes sparkled with mischief. She was aslo a woman whom also dressed very femininely. She was nearly always seen wearing the same outfit. Her outfit was: a black, tailored jacket, a new and always-washed and ironed yet slightlt tight-fitting crisp white blouse, an ankle-length long flowing black gypsy skirt with pink and white stripes and a pair of knee-length black boots. In her chocolate-brown hair she wore a white hairband."

The Burst-Out (Excerpt)
    "Julie and Eva both sniggered as buttons began pinging and flying off Miss O'Brien's blouse. Julie laughed and pointed while Eva put a hand over her mouth to try and stifle a giggle. Emma looked at this in horror while Sonia was panicking with Emma trying to calm her down."

I don't like the changes, to be honest. Here’s why:

1. Andrea O'Brien. Secondary school chemistry teacher. Also a magical witch.

The style of writing is too 'snappy' - you're using fragments instead of sentences, and it doesn't suit the style of the piece in my opinion. Witches are understood to be magical, so you probably don’t need to state this.

2. A new and always-washed and ironed yet slightly tight-fitting crisp white blouse.

How can an item of clothing be both 'new' and 'always washed'? Why use the word 'yet' in this instance - are you insinuating that someone who washes and irons their clothes would not wear something 'slightly tight fitting'? Lose the 'yet' and try 'figure hugging' instead of 'tight fitting' if you're trying to play up her femininity rather than suggesting she's carrying a few extra pounds.

3. In terms of her overall appearance, she was of standard height.

This is a 'nothing sentence'. Our first view of the ultra-feminine, beguiling Andrea? She's of standard height. WOW. The first thing you notice about someone is rarely their height, unless they are exceptionally short/tall, which she isn't. You could try leading with something about her being an understated dresser, yet having a beauty that shone through.

4. She was nearly always seen wearing the same outfit.
    Unnecessary words. How about 'She almost always wore the same outfit', or 'Her outfit consisted of a range of almost identical white shirts', although on a related note, unless she has witchy clothes washing abilities, she must spend alot of time washing her only white shirt EVERY EVENING!

5. An ankle-length long flowing black gypsy skirt.

We know she's of 'standard height' (i.e. not a midget) so if it's ankle length, it's fair to assume the skirt is long. No need to state both.

6. Knee-length black boots.

Usually referred to as 'knee high' rather than 'knee length'

7. In her chocolate-brown hair she wore a white hairband.

A white hairband sounds kind of horrible with that outfit.

8. Julie and Eva both sniggered as buttons began pinging and flying off Miss O'Brien's blouse. Julie laughed and pointed while Eva put a hand over her mouth to try and stifle a giggle. Emma looked at this in horror while Sonia was panicking with Emma trying to calm her down.

This bit just reads very 'flat' - again, without dialogue, it's just a very flat description of the girls' second-by-second reaction to their teacher basically exploding before their eyes. They would not be silent in this situation, and they certainly wouldn't be giggling, no matter how mischievous they are - they probably would be terrified, they would definitely be screaming, and if they have an ounce of cop-on between them they would be running away.

Sorry if you feel I'm being harsh but I feel the quality of the piece is lower now than when you started, and if you're seriously interested in writing and not just trolling I hope the things I've pointed out will help you to get back on track.

I'd love to know whether the SugarPuffs 'fan fiction' thing you put up a few nights ago, which covers pretty much the same chain of events, is part of this story or a separate piece?

dee_mc wrote: »

The style of writing is too 'snappy' - you're using fragments instead of sentences, and it doesn't suit the style of the piece in my opinion. Witches are understood to be magical, so you probably don’t need to state this.

2. A new and always-washed and ironed yet slightly tight-fitting crisp white blouse.

How can an item of clothing be both 'new' and 'always washed'? Why use the word 'yet' in this instance - are you insinuating that someone who washes and irons their clothes would not wear something 'slightly tight fitting'? Lose the 'yet' and try 'figure hugging' instead of 'tight fitting' if you're trying to play up her femininity rather than suggesting she's carrying a few extra pounds.

This is a 'nothing sentence'. Our first view of the ultra-feminine, beguiling Andrea? She's of standard height. WOW. The first thing you notice about someone is rarely their height, unless they are exceptionally short/tall, which she isn't. You could try leading with something about her being an understated dresser, yet having a beauty that shone through.

Unnecessary words. How about 'She almost always wore the same outfit', or 'Her outfit consisted of a range of almost identical white shirts', although on a related note, unless she has witchy clothes washing abilities, she must spend alot of time washing her only white shirt EVERY EVENING!

We know she's of 'standard height' (i.e. not a midget) so if it's ankle length, it's fair to assume the skirt is long. No need to state both.

8. Julie and Eva both sniggered as buttons began pinging and flying off Miss O'Brien's blouse. Julie laughed and pointed while Eva put a hand over her mouth to try and stifle a giggle. Emma looked at this in horror while Sonia was panicking with Emma trying to calm her down.

This bit just reads very 'flat' - again, without dialogue, it's just a very flat description of the girls' second-by-second reaction to their teacher basically exploding before their eyes. They would not be silent in this situation, and they certainly wouldn't be giggling, no matter how mischievous they are - they probably would be terrified, they would definitely be screaming, and if they have an ounce of cop-on between them they would be running away.

Sorry if you feel I'm being harsh but I feel the quality of the piece is lower now than when you started, and if you're seriously interested in writing and not just trolling I hope the things I've pointed out will help you to get back on track.

I'd love to know whether the SugarPuffs 'fan fiction' thing you put up a few nights ago, which covers pretty much the same chain of events, is part of this story or a separate piece?

No. That Sugar Puffs "fanfiction" thing is an entirely separate piece and has nothing at all to do with this particularly story. I know that some of the elements do sound a little similar but, no, it is a completely separate thing. If you don't mind me asking, did you like that story by the way? (I know this is slightly off topic)

No. That Sugar Puffs "fanfiction" thing is an entirely separate piece and has nothing at all to do with this particularly story. I know that some of the elements do sound a little similar but, no, it is a completely separate thing. If you don't mind me asking, did you like that story by the way? (I know this is slightly off topic)

The Sugar Puffs thing wasn't to my taste, I didn't really get it. I'm sure there are people who would :)

dee_mc wrote: »

no you're not. In fact, if anything be being completely honest is helping me to focus my mind on the problems concerned. I know what I'm intending to say. It's just that it hasn't entirely been figured out yet. I always try to imagine the story like I'm watching a film.

• Advertisement

no you're not. In fact, if anything be being completely honest is helping me to focus my mind on the problems concerned. I know what I'm intending to say. It's just that it hasn't entirely been figured out yet. I always try to imagine the story like I'm watching a film.

That's exactly how it's coming across: as if you're describing the visual elements of a scene, without taking into account how the characters would be feeling, or what they would be saying, so it doesn't flow.
    I think I suggested this already, but have you tried writing only the dialogue of the scene (as a play would be written, with 'stage directions' re tone of voice, movement, facial expression etc), then writing the scene around that?
    The scene seems aimless right now, so I think a framework would really help.
    Also, if I were you I'd have a rough plan of how many chapters/paragraphs the book/story will have, with an idea of what will happen in each section, otherwise you'll end up with a number of floating scenes that'll end up having to be rewritten in order to make them 'connect'.
    I haven't written anything in some time, but I find a structure like that really helpful to focus me and limit rambly bits and repetition.
    It's also helpful to build a profile of each character and location/setting, for example: name, hair colour, age, interests, etc so that you can weave interesting and connecting details throughout the text. This also minimises time spent reading back through your work because you've forgotten a character's last name or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Agent Weebley

Hi WomanSkirtFan8,

I see you now have that skirt ironed - much better.

But since I was only joking: I think the addition of "ironing" is indicative of something. Are you taking criticism to the heady heights of all thinking and no doing?

Oh, gotta gogo . . . that just reminded of a topic I used to dance around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Remove the petite bit as it makes no sense in relation to her height. Better yet leave it out as it doesn't seem particularly relevant in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Hi i have read your other two stories and they are alot better than Andrea. Sorry if I have got it wrong but I am starting to think that you are leading us a merry dance with Andrea

lulu1 wrote: »
    Hi i have read your other two stories and they are alot better than Andrea. Sorry if I have got it wrong but I am starting to think that you are leading us a merry dance with Andrea

okay I think I need to clear up a few things here. Firstly, I can honestly tell you that I'm absolutely not in the habit of leading anyone on a merry dance as you put it. If that's been coming across, I apologise for it as that was never the intention.

I think I can see where the confusion is here. I DO tend to use either the same names (i.e . "Andrea" being a primary example of this. I WILL change her name from "Andrea" to either "Shirley" as that probably sounds a bit better.

Again, apologies for the unintended confusion.

Which two other stories do you mean exactly?

• Advertisement

Hi WomanSkirtFan8,

I see you now have that skirt ironed - much better.

But since I was only joking: I think the addition of "ironing" is indicative of something. Are you taking criticism to the heady heights of all thinking and no doing?

No not at all. Although I do need to think things out a little bit before I write them down. But, to answer your question,, no absolutely not.

(

okay I think I need to clear up a few things here. Firstly, I can honestly tell you that I'm absolutely not in the habit of leading anyone on a merry dance as you put it. If that's been coming across, I apologise for it as that was never the intention.

I think I can see where the confusion is here. I DO tend to use either the same names (i.e . "Andrea" being a primary example of this. I WILL change her name from "Andrea" to either "Shirley" as that probably sounds a bit better.

Again, apologies for the unintended confusion.

Which two other stories do you mean exactly?
    An excerpt from the first chapter of my novel and sugerpuffs

PS it has nothing to do with the name Andrea it was just the wording itself and the way it was written. Nothing like Andrea

An excerpt from the first chapter of my novel and sugerpuffs
    "
    PS it has nothing to do with the name Andrea it was just the wording itself and the way it was written. Nothing like Andrea

okay it was the wording then? aan I'll have to have a look at that. I know I can do better!

can you what you thought was good about the sugar puffs, one if you don't mind me asking? As far as "the first chapter of my novel is concerned" well that has been a long time in the development over the last few years. There is a lot more to come in relation to that, so that's only a very small portion of that of what has already been written.

okay it was the wording then? aan I'll have to have a look at that. I know I can do better!

can you what you thought was good about the sugar puffs, one if you don't mind me asking? As far as "the first chapter of my novel is concerned" well that has been a long time in the development over the last few years. There is a lot more to come in relation to that, so that's only a very small portion of that of what has already been written.

What exactly do you mean when you say "Nothing like Andrea"?

Op sorry but I am going to bow out of this. But all the best

No not at all. Although I do need to think things out a little bit before I write them down. But, to answer your question,, no absolutely not.

(

If writing is a mystery tour type of road trip, which is my favourite kind, you would have some sort of a destination in mind, but asking for directions at every intersection slows you down. If you keep making left turns, you will be asking the same people for directions over and over, so they would tend to get a little browned off.

My suggestion is top down, pedal to the metal and no matter if you take out a couple of bushes as you make the left . . . and write . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hildred

Op sorry but I am going to bow out of this. But all the best

OK, Here's my 10 cents worth:

Do you know how this story will pan out, or is it like something somebody else is writing and you're just the instrument, or as you stated in a previous post like you're watching a film and not knowing either the plot or the outcome? My personal opinion is that you need a plot to write a story, otherwise you're simply rambling. Every story needs a plot. Figure out what your story's plot is and proceed from there. From what I've read here, it sounds like you're waiting for the plot to materialise ...

If you make every change everybody suggests, then you'll never get your story written. Finish what you've started, i.e., write the story and ask for editorial comments/suggestions when you're done. It is, after all, your story and getting tangled up in descriptive elements in the first chapter doesn't bode well for the rest of your story. Remember, it's *YOUR* story!!

This is just my opinion, the opinion of an aspiring writer who reads voraciously. Best of luck! 😉

Hi WomanSkirtFan8,

I see you now have that skirt ironed - much better

yeah! I loved ironing all of my skirts!! (Joke)

Hildred wrote: »
    OK, Here's my 10 cents worth:

Do you know how this story will pan out, or is it like something somebody else is writing and you're just the instrument, or as you stated in a previous post like you're watching a film and not knowing either the plot or the outcome? My personal opinion is that you need a plot to write a story, otherwise you're simply rambling. Every story needs a plot. Figure out what your story's plot is and proceed from there. From what I've read here, it sounds like you're waiting for the plot to materialise ...

If you make every change everybody suggests, then you'll never get your story written. Finish what you've started, i.e., write the story and ask for editorial comments/suggestions when you're done. It is, after all, your story and getting tangled up in descriptive elements in the first chapter doesn't bode well for the rest of your story. Remember, it's *YOUR* story!!

This is just my opinion, the opinion of an aspiring writer who reads voraciously. Best of luck! ��

yes. I DO have at least an idea of where I want to get to. Don 't worry I will do. I'm currently developing the story as I type this so it's now beginning to become a little bit more clearer. Thanks for the advice BTW!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Hildred

yes. I DO have at least an idea of where I want to get to. Don 't worry I will do. I'm currently developing the story as I type this so it's now beginning to become a little bit more clearer. Thanks for the advice BTW!

You're very welcome, and all the very best with your story. I'm looking forward to critiquing the end product! 😉

• Advertisement

Hildred wrote: »
    You're very welcome, and all the very best with your story. I'm looking forward to critiquing the end product! ��

Okay guys. I've been doing a good bit of thinking and here is the basic structure of my story:

Chapter I: (The Detention Class)
    Chapter II: (Andrea's Plan)
    Chapter III: (The Camping Trip)
    Chatpter IV: (A Tight Situation)
    Chapter V: (Andrea's Secret Revealed)
    Chapter VI: (Bursting Out / The Tent Collapse)

I will also be doing a profile for and of each character just to try and get a much clearer idea of who they are and the way they behave. I'm not too sure about the title of the story: "Camping Chaos". It probably sounds a little bit boring so I might change it to something else.

Sounds good, [clears throat for deeper sound] sounds good. Do it. Do it.

Sounds good, [clears throat for deeper sound] sounds good. Do it. Do it.

I certainly will. I've already marked out the main points of the first chapter where the girls involved have to attention a detention class after school supervised of course by Miss O'Brien, their teacher.

Am off now to do the main points of the next chapter.

I certainly will. I've already marked out the main points of the first chapter where the girls involved have to attention a detention class after school supervised of course by Miss O'Brien, their teacher.

Am off now to do the main points of the next chapter.

"-"

or, Hi WomanSkirtFan8,

I keep getting the urge so say "hi Fan8" because you're obviously a woman and into skirts, but I would further shorten it; a mini greeting. But saying "-" as a greeting looks more like an emoticon of a happy face with eyelashes, and is easily misconstrued as an unbaked word; a slip of the keypad; a partially un-hemmed trouser leg. I resisted the urge to say pant leg, as you may have said: "eeww, he's panting on my leg?" Anyway. I did it above - just to get it off my chest. Twice, actually. The first and the last.

Anyway, we all love to plan, don't we? But all great plans somehow come to nought after a little doing. A little adjustment here, a spanner in the works there. A sudden inspiration from nowhere - or somewhere.

How can I say it any more explicitly, WomanSkirtFan8? How can you make your wonderful plans into something more than just more and more planned plans?

How about you have the girls attend a détente with the witchy woman teacher after school as your starting point? Just start writing it. You can always flashback later.

hi there. how is going?
    "you're obviously into skirts."
    Well you're absolutely right about that! Long skirts are my own personal favourites! Love the feeling i get when I'm twirling in them! Ahh! the fantasies I have when I do that!

"How about you have the girls attend a détente with the witchy woman teacher after school as your starting point?"
    Yes that is exactly how the whole thing starts. The four girls have to attend a detention class after school for being naughty in class earlier that day.

"eeww, he's panting on my leg?"
    That's not entirely the same thing as rubbing or feeling my leg when I'm in one of my long skirts is it?

[Camping Chaos (Burst-Out! The Tent Collapse) (Excerpt)

(In a play-style format)

(Miss Andrea O'Brien and her four students are now all gathered together in Miss O'Brien's tent. It is an extremely tight and somewhat awkward situation. There is just barely enough room for all five of them to move around comfortably. Emma and Sonia near the front of the tent with Julie and Eva in the middle and Miss O'Brien herself at the back. At this point, Miss O'Brien has taken off her black wool jumper. The girls have also all taken off their dark-green school jumpers due to the warm heat inside the tent.)

JULIE
    (exclaiming)
    Goodness me! It's warm in here!

EVA
    (slightly worried)
    Yes. You're not kidding Jules! I only hope - really hope that it doesn't get any warmer or we'll all start sweating soon!

SONIA
    (moaning)
    Sweating?! Oh yuck! No!

MISS O'BRIEN
    (somewhat thoughtfully)
    You know something Eva? The best way to combat sweating is to have an extremely thorough shower reach day and use plenty of deodorant.

EVA
    (slightly sarcastically)
    Yes Miss! You're right as usual! It's just that....

(Eva pauses for a moment thinking that she's just after hearing something. She then turns back to the others.)

EVA
    (to the others)
    Did you girls just hear that?!

EMMA
    (a little confused)
    What's that then Eva?

EVA
    (unsure)
    I thought I just heard something tearing!

EMMA
    Wel I didn't hear anything at all!
    (to Julie and Sonia)
    Did you two hear anything?

(Julie and Sonia both firmly shake their heads)

EVA
    (puzzled)
    But I was absolutely sure that I heard something!

MISS O'BRIEN
    Are you okay Eva? You seem to be pretty worried about something.

(Before Eva can answer, Sonia suddenly gasps in horror as a number of buttons start pinging from her shirt. She starts panicking but Miss O'Brien reaches out to try and help. But as she does so, more buttons begin pinging and flying off from the other girls' shirts.)

JULIE
    (looking down at herself horrified)
    What...the....HEL
    L?!

EVA
    (somewhat confused and embarrassed)
    Ohh!! Excuse me!
    !

(Miss O'Brien quietly chuckles at this.)

MISS O'BRIEN

(chuckling quietly to herself)
    It's working! It's finally working! What a great victory! That potion will shrink these four little brats down to the size of tiny toy dolls in a matter of minutes! The only thng I don't understand though is "Why are their shirts popping open?" That shouldn't be happening!
    (realises with horror)
    Unless....Ohh no!! I must have gotten the potion's formula wrong!!

Here are the main points of the first chapter:
    Chapter I: (The Detention Class)
    (Main Points)
    • Julie, Emma, Eva and Sonia are all sitting in Miss O'Brien's classroom after school for a detention period which is to last for about an hour due to misbehaviour in the same class earlier that day.
    • None of them really want to be there (particuarly Julie and Eva.)
    • After a while, Miss O'Brien comes into the room, a stern look on her face.
    • She immediately asks all four girls to take out their science books and begin reading back over the chapter they had been covering earlier that day before they had begun disrupting the class.
    • Emma and Sonia both immediately obey but Julie and Eva start moaning and complaining about this.
    • Emma then snaps at Julie and Eva telling them both to "Shut up!".
    • The girls then begin arguing and threatening all sorts of ridiculous things on each other.
    • Miss O'Brien immediately takes charge and tells the girls to stop arguing and to behave themselves or else she will give them even more study work to do.
    • This immediatelt settles the girls down again and they resume their study.
    • However, it's not lon g before Julie and Eva starting moaning and complaining about how unfair it is taht they should be stuck in the class.
    • Eva bemoans and complains about the fact that she had planned to meet her friends at the cinema around 4:45pm and that she'll now be late.
    • Miss O'Brien very firmly tells Eva that none of them are going anywhere until they all complete the study session.
    • Julie grimaces a bit but an extremely stern looking from Miss O'Brien forces her to shut up.
    • But she doesn't let it go. Without a moment's hesitation, she then stands up and direclty challenges Miss O'Brien's authority.
    • Knowing that she now has to be extremely careful with the other three girls watching her, Miss O'Brien then folds her arms and tells Julie in an very calm voice that they won't have to do any more studying.
    • Julie and the others all high-five each other, thinking that they've completely gotten out of the detention class.
    • However, their "relief" is short-lived when Miss O'Brien then tells them that the alternative to this is that they will be going on a school camping trip with her instead.
    • Julie and Emma immediately protest at this.
    • Eva and Sonia on the other hand, welcome this idea., (not knowing or being any the wiser.)
    • Miss O'Brien then nods at them. As the girls then resume the remainder of their study.
    • Miss O'Brien smiles at this whole idea but also chuckling quietly to herself, now fully satisfied with the fact that she has now successfully divided the opinions of the four girls.
    • Sonia then asks Miss O'Brien if she will clear things with the school principal for them to actually be able to go on this camping trip.
    • Miss O'Brien tells Sonia not to worry and that she'll take care of that. (When in reality, she has asbsolutely no intention of doing this.)
    • She also tells the girls that , because they'll be going during the school hours, that they'll naturally be wearing their school uniforms.
    • After a monment or two, she tells the girls that the detention class is now over and that they can go home, much to the absolute relief of the girls.
    • Before the girls leave however, Miss O'Brien then gives each of them a stern warning about their misbehaviour and warns them to behave themselves when they're in her class in future.
    • When the girls have left the classroom, Miss O'Brien then locks the room and switches off the lights. She then locks the door.
    • As she walks away towards the entrance, she smiles an extremely wicked smile and chuckling, "I've finally got them!" to herself.

hi there. how is going?

Not too great, actually. The late evening is when I do most of my posting, live and online so I can do the hyperlink and embedding thingies. The interweb's been soooo slow at night lately its messing me up. I've got a call into my ISP to see why. I just connected to my Sierra Wireless AirCard to get a connection while they fix it.
    "you're obviously into skirts."
    Well you're absolutely right about that! Long skirts are my own personal favourites! Love the feeling i get when I'm twirling in them! Ahh! the fantasies I have when I do that!

Although Dick Van Dyke and Truly Scrumptious in the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang music box scene come to mind, I wouldn't touch that topic with a 10 foot barge pole, since this is a G rated site.
    "How about you have the girls attend a détente with the witchy woman teacher after school as your starting point?"
    Yes that is exactly how the whole thing starts. The four girls have to attend a detention class after school for being naughty in class earlier that day.

That was only a joke about a cooling off type of détente, rather than an "attention a detention."
    "eeww, he's panting on my leg?"
    That's not entirely the same thing as rubbing or feeling my leg when I'm in one of my long skirts is it?

pressing = ironing
    pants = trousers
    planning = writing :)

Oh, I now see you just wrote something. I'll post this and read it . . .

After reading the 2 posts above:

Firstly, the first "bolded" screenplay-ish thing is very pron-like - actually quite titillating, but I really can't comment any further on it, because it has no beginning and no end, and I could make pron jokes forever - too easy.

The second "point form" was so dry I had to go get a glass of water to finish it.

I feel you really aren't yet getting the concept of letting loose (except for the buttons.) Your first attempts were the best. I think maybe . . are you trying too hard? I really think you should begin at the beginning, even if it is the middle, and you then flashback to an earlier time later. If you want to use the tent scene as the beginning, then you need to introduce the characters and say why they are there in that situation. That makes the scene a little dry, so you need to introduce the characters 1 by 1, so we get to know them.

I read previously that you think in film scenes. Do you find it strange that you posted a scene where the teacher is attempting to make her students into little dolls, and the scene I posted at the same time was a doll [wearing a long skirt] in a music box?

That's magic.

I know I said that I was going to bow out of posting on this topic but I am still keeping up to date with it.

Right Miss o'Brien always wore the same outfit ie black jacket, crisp white blouse, and gypsy skirt. In one of your posts today you say that Miss O' Brien now takes off her black wool jumper. Did I miss a few posts and the blouse was changed to the black wool jumper.

Merry dance still comes to mind.

• Advertisement

Okay. Here is the revised story struture:

1: Prologue (Camping Chaos: The Tent Collapse (The Aftermath)
    2: Chapter I (The School Detention Class)
    3: Chapter II (Andrea's Plan)
    4: Chapter III (The Camping Trip)
    5: Chapter IV (A Tight Situation)
    6: Chapter V (Andrea's Secret Revealed)
    7: Chapter VI (Burst-Out!: The Tent Collapse)

Following a number of suggestions here, I will be introducing each of the characters one at a time. I will also be watching out for continuity errors.)

Advertisement