Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung galaxy note 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I'm using Nova Launcher.
    I viewed a OPO over the weekend. I didn't like it at all. There was no way I was swapping out for the Note 4.

Maybe I'm expecting too much, but that was until I got my hands on a Lumia 1520. Unreal device - probably the smoothest phone I've ever had the pleasure to use. Zero lag. There are obvious compromises with Windows etc but it was a noticeable improvement when operating a non-cluttered OS, Note 4 included.

Obviously I don't want to descend into OS pissing contests etc but thought I'd air that view - primarily because I'm relatively surprised at the difference.

I had a mess with Windows Phone and liked it, but its a dead platform that never really got enough traction, so no point investing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm using Nova Launcher.
    I viewed a OPO over the weekend. I didn't like it at all. There was no way I was swapping out for the Note 4.

Maybe I'm expecting too much, but that was until I got my hands on a Lumia 1520. Unreal device - probably the smoothest phone I've ever had the pleasure to use. Zero lag. There are obvious compromises with Windows etc but it was a noticeable improvement when operating a non-cluttered OS, Note 4 included.

Obviously I don't want to descend into OS pissing contests etc but thought I'd air that view - primarily because I'm relatively surprised at the difference.

I had the 1520 for 6 months and it is indeed an amazing phone, especially the camera and screen. It was the last gasp of the beautiful sleek Nokia design imo. For the first few months it really was a breath of fresh air but two things ground me down until I eventually went back to Android. First was the size and weight of the phone which was a chore after a while. Secondly the missing apps and functionality, it wasn't any one big thing but lots of little things the mounted up. Those first few weeks back on Android were a dream, you really don't miss the little things until they are gone and then you quickly take them for granted again in no time!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,608 ✭✭✭✭banie01

nicebutdim wrote: »
    I saw this on Amazon today for £ 42....is this where you got it?

Looks good and I love the idea of a 10000mAh battery but how is the case? Would it withstand a drop? Always curious to know how long these batteries are effective for.... i got an extended battery for my s3 and it was pretty crap. This looks like much better deal

Yep, Bought on Amazon and shipped from the US.
    The case will definitely take a drop(From experience)
    The case is a 2 piece with plastic interior "skeleton" and a rubber outter skin, think a spigen in reverse.
    The battery really is excellent, ZeroLemon are known for good quality cells.
    There are a couple of things I would flag but that once you are of, are not really issues.
    Such as the "fast charge" feature being incompatible with charging to full capacity when using the ZeroLemon battery.
    The battery can occasionally report incorrect capacity but this evens out with use.
    The one main thing to be aware of though is the sheer bulk it adds to your phone, it really does triple the depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭nicebutdim

banie01 wrote: »
    Yep, Bought on Amazon and shipped from the US.
    The case will definitely take a drop(From experience)
    The case is a 2 piece with plastic interior "skeleton" and a rubber outter skin, think a spigen in reverse.
    The battery really is excellent, ZeroLemon are known for good quality cells.
    There are a couple of things I would flag but that once you are of, are not really issues.
    Such as the "fast charge" feature being incompatible with charging to full capacity when using the ZeroLemon battery.
    The battery can occasionally report incorrect capacity but this evens out with use.
    The one main thing to be aware of though is the sheer bulk it adds to your phone, it really does triple the depth.

Cool..thanks for the reply. If you can't use the fast charger, how long does it take to recharge and any issues with it heating up? Thanks again....

nicebutdim wrote: »
    Cool..thanks for the reply. If you can't use the fast charger, how long does it take to recharge and any issues with it heating up? Thanks again....

No heating issues at all that I've noticed and I would be a fairly heavy user.
    Recharge time from 0 to 100% is @6hrs in my experience, but to be honest the battery allows such an extended usage time that I have yet to drop under 20% in any situation I've used it in and that was on the 3rd days use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

6 hours, have you a fast charger.?

Hachiko wrote: »
    6 hours, have you a fast charger.?

Not one that's compatible with a 10000mah extended battery.
    If you use an extended battery generally fast charging is incompatible as snapdragon have optimised to deal with the standard 3400mah battery.

would have been good to have said it was a 10Ah battery you had, this must be quite a bulge to hold in your hand?

would have been good to have said it was a 10Ah battery you had, this must be quite a bulge to hold in your hand?

Scroll back a few posts, it was mentioned.
    I was asked about the charge time and the 6hrs was in response to a poster asking about the zerolemon charge time and heat issues.
    As also said in earlier post, it triples the depth of the phone.

think i will pass on that, triples the depth of the phone.

erm......

• Advertisement

think i will pass on that, triples the depth of the phone.

erm......

It's really for use when away from charging facilities for extended periods or if you are a very heavy screen on user.
    Mine gets used on work trips or weekends away ;)
    For everyday use its the normal battery and a fast charger.

Dont really see the point of this, why not get a power bank battery. The fast charging will charge the phone very quickly itself when you have mains.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

Hi people,

Is anyone having issues with signal on their note 4 after upgrade to lollipop. I am with three and have updated to lollipop (I didn't wait for official release). The signal bar never goes beyond half way and I am in a strong signal area.

The baseband is now N910FXXU1BOB4 and android version is 5.0.1 Is anyone else having this problem or had this problem and knows a fix??

quite good battery life on this, U1B0E1 rom.

Screenshot_2015-06-24-12-25-22.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

quite good battery life on this, U1B0E1 rom.

Link to rom? Never heard of it.

its a exynos rom, HK model.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

So the note 4 will be my next phone , i have been an iPhone user since the days of the iPhone 3G. So I was wondering any tips on what I should do to get used to it. I'm also wondering is there any must have apps for it too aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Im buying one of these locked to Vodafone this weekend, but I'm with O2. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to get it unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I used unlock.ie in the past. If I remember correctly it cost me €24.99

http://www.unlock.ie/mobile-unlocking.php

tallus wrote: »
    I used unlock.ie in the past. If I remember correctly it cost me €24.99

http://www.unlock.ie/mobile-unlocking.php

Ended up using a similar seller on eBay so got it all sorted. Thanks for the recommendation though.

Been using the phone a few days now and I absolutely love it.

• Advertisement

Anyone know where to get a replacement stylus in white? Only ones I've seen on eBay and Adverts have other feedback for selling fakes.

MobileFun only have it in black.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Anyone know where to get a replacement stylus in white? Only ones I've seen on eBay and Adverts have other feedback for selling fakes.

MobileFun only have it in black.

Samsung store in Dundrum shopping centre

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Can anyone tell me how easy/difficult it is to downgrade back to kitkat from lollipop. I can't deal with the pathetic battery life anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Simple.

Sammobile have a firmware section so search by the model number of your phone and download the appropriate one.

The download odin.

Follow the literally two click instructions on Sammobile for flashing it and it will work away and do it.

Can anyone tell me how easy/difficult it is to downgrade back to kitkat from lollipop. I can't deal with the pathetic battery life anymore.
    Simple.

Sammobile have a firmware section so search by the model number of your phone and download the appropriate one.

The download odin.

Follow the literally two click instructions on Sammobile for flashing it and it will work away and do it.

+1, As Muppetcheck says it really is straight forward.
    Go to sammobile and download a KitKat rom and flash it via Odin.
    Best thing is that staying with an official ROM won't trip KNOX or void your warranty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Lovely stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

banie01 wrote: »
    +1, As Muppetcheck says it really is straight forward.
    Go to sammobile and download a KitKat rom and flash it via Odin.
    Best thing is that staying with an official ROM won't trip KNOX or void your warranty.

Is there any guides out there for doing this ?. As my Battry life is just shocking now. I am charging my phone twice a day and i barely use the thing !!!.

Plugged out my phone last night at say 2am before i went to sleep woke up at 9.30 the phone lost 15% battery on standby using notting now its done to 39% and all i made was two 4 min phone calls, looked at snap chat and tinder for 20 mins and downloaded a CD from Spotify.

If going back to Kitkat dosint work with the battery life i am getting very tempted to sell the thing and buy myself the iPhone6S+ when it comes out and not waste money on getting a Note5.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,123 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

Is there any guides out there for doing this ?. As my Battry life is just shocking now. I am charging my phone twice a day and i barely use the thing !!!.

Plugged out my phone last night at say 2am before i went to sleep woke up at 9.30 the phone lost 15% battery on standby using notting now its done to 39% and all i made was two 4 min phone calls, looked at snap chat and tinder for 20 mins and downloaded a CD from Spotify.

If going back to Kitkat dosint work with the battery life i am getting very tempted to sell the thing and buy myself the iPhone6S+ when it comes out and not waste money on getting a Note5.

Instructions earlier in this thread: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057247128&page=40

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

Would you not consider purchasing a second battery?? Just a quick skim on eBay and they are roughly 15 euro including delivery which id presume could fix your problem. I have a note 4 on lollipop and i get roughly 2 days from my phone and that is with moderate-high usage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

I found that restricting background data for Google now and Google services doubled my battery life on an s6. I'd say the same would apply for the note 4.

Check battery stats to see what's using the most battery.

Advertisement