Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung galaxy note 4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

The battery situation is gone so bad I'm considering just selling the phone.

It has gone shocking bad at the moment I used my phone for 5 messages on facebook and look at my snap chat in 2 hours 12% battery is gone.

I have gone to the stage of charging my phone twice a day I have no idea what the hell is eating it ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

It's just annoying because nobody seems to have a clue what is wrong or how to fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I did a factory reset and its better today. Still not like it was mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,649 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Inquitus wrote: »

Currently using this repack flashed it on 2 days ago.
    its BOD2 software with a BOC4 baseband and the battery life has improved back to over a day.
    And that is with greenify and power saver enabled.
    It's still well below what I was getting on the last Kit Kat build.
    I'm probably going to flashback to KitKat, as there's no current killer app or compelling reason for me to stick on lollipop.
    I'd love to hear an ETA on a fix from Samsung on this but (and I've heard this 1st hand from a Samsung emea technical training manager)
    "It's a 3rd party app issue" and he then proceeded to lay the blame at Vibe and Facebooks feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭ghogie91

Got so tired of my Note 4 freezing in applications over the long weekend. I ended up performing a cache dump and full reboot and it seems to have fixed the problem altogether. Have a 64gb SD I moved all my stuff to and removed before performing the reboot.

It really does work :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Same here, I was having trouble over the last few days with Touchwiz Home crashing. I formatted the cache in recovery mode and it's like a new phone again. Before this I had updated to the repacked stock rom linked above and my battery life has improved no end - I'm still at 88% having unplugged it 7 hours ago.

In the official Samsung case and the edges still look knackered. Anyone tried to polish them up?

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mtt_swny

In the official Samsung case and the edges still look knackered. Anyone tried to polish them up?

I don't know what I've done with mine but I've stuck with no case at all and it's pretty much as is has been since day 1 - no chipped paint, no screen scratches at all, even minor ones. Only thing I got are the fine brush scratches on the chamfered edge.

When you say polish, do you mean the chamfer/milled edge? Never tried to be fair...

Yeah, heard it can be done with fine sandpaper. I might go back to the s-view cover as its the only one that didn't mark it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

I'm thinking of making a sale/swap today with a OPO. Would I be doing the right thing getting rid of the Note? I'm looking to experience something non-touchwiz so would this be the right handset to move to in your opinion?

There will also be cash my way to offset the 'premium' difference in the two handsets, but afaics there isn't much between the two anyway - so that can only be an added bonus imo.

Just to also add that battery life could be a lot better - even after employing many of the suggestions on this thread. There's something just not quite smooth about the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I'm thinking of making a sale/swap today with a OPO. Would I be doing the right thing getting rid of the Note? I'm looking to experience something non-touchwiz so would this be the right handset to move to in your opinion?

There will also be cash my way to offset the 'premium' difference in the two handsets, but afaics there isn't much between the two anyway - so that can only be an added bonus imo.

Just to also add that battery life could be a lot better - even after employing many of the suggestions on this thread. There's something just not quite smooth about the phone.

The adaptive fast charging alone is enough for me to keep the note 4 over the OPO, even if it is dead when I wakeup I can get it to 50% in the short space of time I shower and get ready for work. The Camera on the Note 4 is much better. If you don't like touchwiz, just use the Google launcher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

had to google opo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Sold my OPO and gotta Note 4. In a happier place now.
    Had it rooted, tried different roms. Just too buggy for me. Happy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Had a OPO too and found it very buggy, gave it to a mate and it drove him mad..we're both using notes now. I flashed the latest update after doing a data n cache wipe.. phone is far more responsive and battery life is also better. Previously I had just flashed the update without any wipes and found the phone to be very very laggy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Just after getting the phone. What cases are people using?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

CptMackey wrote: »

Spigen Slim Armour

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

CptMackey wrote: »

I've been using these cases for the last few years, very slim and decent protection n cheap..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00N9GX9JQ?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Will check those out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭nicebutdim

Spigen Tough Armor case for me - £ 17.99 + shipping on Amazon UK. Does the necessary when my 7 year old drops it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Spigen Neo Hybrid in 'clear' for me, fits nicely and doesn't add much bulk.

Looks like this:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/gU80ZnNBOTs/maxresdefault.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

8-10 wrote: »
    Spigen Neo Hybrid in 'clear' for me, fits nicely and doesn't add much bulk.

Looks like this:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/gU80ZnNBOTs/maxresdefault.jpg

I'm using this one, highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Next Gen Gamer

Otterbox symmetry. .. does the job nicely; -)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Ringke slim, protects against scuffs instead of drops

• Registered Users Posts: 7,214 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

I just have the Samsung S-View (with wireless charge) cover and it's doing a great job of keeping my Note 4 safe. Also the iLoome screen protector

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Has anyone been having using spotify on there note 4 ?.

For the past month i have been having huge problems with spotify on my note 4 basically it keeps on crashing and i cant download music anymore to play offline the app its self says my phone is full witch is not posable as there is 12GB free on the phone and another 30GB free on the SD card so i cant work out what might be wrong with the app ?.

As i have delated everything from it cleared the Chase, Delated and reinstalled the app. Notting has worked so far.

Has anyone else had this problem and have they been able to find a way to fix it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,649 ✭✭✭✭banie01

With regards cases for the note4 I am currently using an Otterbox symmetry along with a tempered glass screen protector.

I also swap out the Otterbox with a zerolemon case that I use when away from the mains or travelling it does triple the depth of the phone but the battery life is immense.
    10000mah battery and a downgrade back to 4.4.4 gives me an easy 3 and a half days battery life with fairly heavy use and upto 5 if I tweak it in greenify(wonder what extreme power saving would give with this battery!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

nicebutdim wrote: »
    Spigen Tough Armor case for me - £ 17.99 + shipping on Amazon UK. Does the necessary when my 7 year old drops it

I also have this case and it certainly is robust protection-wise but I do find that I tend to mis-press the buttons on the side frequently when handling the phone, accidentally turning on the screen or changing the volume.

Guess it could be that I'm just a clumsy oaf.

Bluefrog wrote: »
    I also have this case and it certainly is robust protection-wise but I do find that I tend to mis-press the buttons on the side frequently when handling the phone, accidentally turning on the screen or changing the volume.

Guess it could be that I'm just a clumsy oaf.

That makes 2 of us clumsy oafs ( oaves? :confused: lol ).... I do the same. However am prepared to put up with that for the protection

banie01 wrote: »
    With regards cases for the note4 I am currently using an Otterbox symmetry along with a tempered glass screen protector.

I also swap out the Otterbox with a zerolemon case that I use when away from the mains or travelling it does triple the depth of the phone but the battery life is immense.
    10000mah battery and a downgrade back to 4.4.4 gives me an easy 3 and a half days battery life with fairly heavy use and upto 5 if I tweak it in greenify(wonder what extreme power saving would give with this battery!).

I saw this on Amazon today for £ 42....is this where you got it?

Looks good and I love the idea of a 10000mAh battery but how is the case? Would it withstand a drop? Always curious to know how long these batteries are effective for.... i got an extended battery for my s3 and it was pretty crap. This looks like much better deal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Inquitus wrote: »
    The adaptive fast charging alone is enough for me to keep the note 4 over the OPO, even if it is dead when I wakeup I can get it to 50% in the short space of time I shower and get ready for work. The Camera on the Note 4 is much better. If you don't like touchwiz, just use the Google launcher.

I'm using Nova Launcher.
    I viewed a OPO over the weekend. I didn't like it at all. There was no way I was swapping out for the Note 4.

Maybe I'm expecting too much, but that was until I got my hands on a Lumia 1520. Unreal device - probably the smoothest phone I've ever had the pleasure to use. Zero lag. There are obvious compromises with Windows etc but it was a noticeable improvement when operating a non-cluttered OS, Note 4 included.

Obviously I don't want to descend into OS pissing contests etc but thought I'd air that view - primarily because I'm relatively surprised at the difference.

Advertisement