Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung galaxy note 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

adamski8 wrote: »
    Whoo, i think your asking way too much now. Like can't you just go into the shop on the 23rd and enjoy the great surprise!

I know I'm really pushing it! They'll probably just say if I have ask how much then I can't afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

I have been onto meteor and emobile they should have info on pricing in the next day or two

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Sooner I can pass on this iPhone 6+ to the wife and get back to my beloved Note w/Android, the better. IOS is the most infuriating O/S to use and riddled with bugs.

Thurs 23rd can't come quick enough.. hopefully new toy for that weekend!

BTW, did the screen gap thing ever go any further? Seemed to die off and must have been some type of news generating scam. Can't see much on it since and no other photos came up.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ianofitz

Sooner I can pass on this iPhone 6+ to the wife and get back to my beloved Note w/Android, the better. IOS is the most infuriating O/S to use and riddled with bugs.

Thurs 23rd can't come quick enough.. hopefully new toy for that weekend!

BTW, did the screen gap thing ever go any further? Seemed to die off and must have been some type of news generating scam. Can't see much on it since and no other photos came up.

Sorry if this has already been spoken about, but does the screen gap just mean that dirt, etc may get into the phone? Or is there another threat? Its less than a millimetre thick, isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

ianofitz wrote: »
    Sorry if this has already been spoken about, but does the screen gap just mean that dirt, etc may get into the phone? Or is there another threat? Its less than a millimetre thick, isnt it?

Supposedly business card-sized

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

The more I read this thread the more I want it.
    Wasn't even going to change from my HTC one but now I'm waiting for a phone I hadn't even been looking at a week ago.

Only problem is wether I'll be due an upgrade soon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Craigels wrote: »
    I have been onto meteor and emobile they should have info on pricing in the next day or two
    I called into my local Emobile store. She said they won't have them in store but customers will have to order them..... Seems strange. She didn't know price but guessed minimum €199, maybe more, on 2 year contract.

ianofitz wrote: »

Any pics I have looked at has no gap. The Samsung's do often have a slight gap and the annoying thing is that there is often some glue in that gap and dust does settle in it - bit like as though screen is stuck to a sticky surface and there is qtr of a mm still exposed.

That said the iPhone 6 also is not totally flush either so have seen bits of dust settle around screen but they don't appear to be hitting a sticky surface underneath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Looks like the nexus 6 will be announced this week. Rumoured 5.9inch screen. I would have definitely gotten the note 4 but now this is a very big possibility. If the battery is decent i think i might go for it.

Who was the guy here saying there were no alternatives!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

dpjmie wrote: »
    How much did you pay, if you don't mind sharing??

Cheers Dpjmie

the guts of £600

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,787 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

adamski8 wrote: »
    Looks like the nexus 6 will be announced this week. Rumoured 5.9inch screen. I would have definitely gotten the note 4 but now this is a very big possibility. If the battery is decent i think i might go for it.

Who was the guy here saying there were no alternatives!

The new nexus won't be unveiled this week. I'd say most likely at the end of the month.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Any pics I have looked at has no gap. The Samsung's do often have a slight gap and the annoying thing is that there is often some glue in that gap and dust does settle in it - bit like as though screen is stuck to a sticky surface and there is qtr of a mm still exposed.

That said the iPhone 6 also is not totally flush either so have seen bits of dust settle around screen but they don't appear to be hitting a sticky surface underneath.

I think it was Android Authority put up a video on Youtube showing the width of it and he just used a poece of paper. As long as it won't effect its performance I don't mind really so

The new nexus won't be unveiled this week. I'd say most likely at the end of the month.

Most rumours I've seen say that Nexus 9 and Android L to be released on 15/16th with Nexus 6 likely to be announced same day but not available immediately?

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057307368/1/#post92593810

According to Rach from Three on here they will have the Black Note in at the end of this week and the White one by mid week next week.

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057307368/1/#post92593810

According to Rach from Three on here they will have the Black Note in at the end of this week and the White one by mid week next week.

Well now we know the Nexus 6 is indeed 6 inches, and will be released very soon. Doesn't make the Note decision any easier...

http://googleblog.blogspot.ie/2014/10/android-be-together-not-same.html?m=1

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

Oh what to do :confused::confused::confused:

markad1 wrote: »
    Oh what to do :confused::confused::confused:

Think I'll be going for the Note 4 myself. Price of the Nexus 6 according to the motorola blog is $649 so likely translates to €649. Would prefer to pay the extra for the Note 4 and get loads more software features even if I don't use them. Stock android is pretty bare and will start to look awful when you install loads of apps that look nothing like the Android L material design language.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,787 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Would prefer to pay the extra for the Note 4 and get loads more software features even if I don't use them.

Like touchwiz and all gimmicks that nobody uses? ;)

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Well thats it, im going for the nexus 6. I would have bought the note 4 last week so thats 1 customer they lost with their annnoying release, probably many more too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Like touchwiz and all gimmicks that nobody uses? 

Usually I'd agree with this, but the Note does have genuine innovation in terms of software and the s-pen.

Samsung might have a few defectors to Google with this nexus

Samsung might have a few defectors to Google with this nexus

The two biggest complaints I saw with the Note 4 on XDA is the speakers and waterproofing. The nexus 6 ticks one of those boxes, interesting to see if it's enough to sway people.

Basil3 wrote: »
    The two biggest complaints I saw with the Note 4 on XDA is the speakers and waterproofing. The nexus 6 ticks one of those boxes, interesting to see if it's enough to sway people.

It ticks both:)
    http://www.motorola.com/us/Nexus-6/nexus-6-motorola-us.html

I'm tempted now.. Water Resistant confirmed in spec's. Rear speakers on Note 4 really are a crock. Don't know why they moved it to the back after having it on the bottom for the Note 3.

I was in the Note 4 camp until yesterday.
    Guess I'll be waiting till I see YouTube videos of both side by side.
    The external sd card on the Note 4 and O2 20% discount are favouring the Note 4 for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

I got this reply from the 02 forum from 02_Sinead ;

We may have some news later today. Please keep an eye on the website

Three.ie have said 23rd Oct for them.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057307368/1#post92632795

And no one has put up any price plans either. Strange stuff

• Advertisement

Advertisement