Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung galaxy note 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Just out of carphone warehouse, said phone goes on sale & they'll have stock tomorrow. Full network pricing is only being released to them tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Apparently they have them in Samsung experience store in Dundrum and selling it on Vodafone prepay for 599. They are not selling them sim free unlocked :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Apparently they have them in Samsung experience store in Dundrum and selling it on Vodafone prepay for 599. They are not selling them sim free unlocked :(

Pity 😟

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

If that's the case, that's a pretty solid price.

You can easily unlock it for around under €25. Which would still make it cheaper than buying it sim free.

Perhaps O2 will ship them today, if they get them in time, but guessing they will still wait until tomorrow.

At least they aren't shipping them on a Friday like with the Note 3, and we have to wait thought a weekend.

If anyone get's an O2 dispatch email, make sure to update the thread.

Also, UAG just announce their covers for the Note 4, going to be getting a few to review.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭puddles22

Have mine ordered for the morning, 119 on three upgrade not bad of you ask me, though don't think I'll be playing to much with it till I get a case and screen protector

• Advertisement

Thor wrote: »
    If that's the case, that's a pretty solid price.

You can easily unlock it for around under €25. Which would still make it cheaper than buying it sim free.

Perhaps O2 will ship them today, if they get them in time, but guessing they will still wait until tomorrow.

At least they aren't shipping them on a Friday like with the Note 3, and we have to wait thought a weekend.

If anyone get's an O2 dispatch email, make sure to update the thread.

Also, UAG just announce their covers for the Note 4, going to be getting a few to review.

02 had them on sale online yesterday but I missed the chance to order it :( It kept popping up in stock and then out of stock, in stock, out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

puddles22 wrote: »
    Have mine ordered for the morning, 119 on three upgrade not bad of you ask me, though don't think I'll be playing to much with it till I get a case and screen protector

How did you manage that? I'm on three but when I go to upgrade it won't let me select the Note 4, did you do it in-store?

8-10 wrote: »
    How did you manage that? I'm on three but when I go to upgrade it won't let me select the Note 4, did you do it in-store?

Yes in-store, they have three in stock

Nice one. I want the white version so might wait until next week to get it in store

Also did you happen to get the Flex Max 350 price for the handset?

Nice one. I want the white version so might wait until next week to get it in store

Also did you happen to get the Flex Max 350 price for the handset?

No just the unlimited plan and yes it was only black available at this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

Thor, I checked with O2 today and the rep said it's just listed as processing.
    Are you the same?

Which store?

02 might lower this when it officially comes out 2morrow as they lowered the s4 when it first came out

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

Which price plan is that on??

Cheers

dpjmie wrote: »
    Which price plan is that on??

Cheers

Puddles22 mentioned it was unlimited plan on the other thread. (Three forum)

Puddles22 mentioned it was unlimited plan on the other thread. (Three forum)

Looked just now at the 5S on the upgrade page for comparison as it's also 119 on unlimited, and the other prices are:

Classic Flex - Max 350 - 18mts - €339, 24mts - €169 for the handset

Mini flex is same handset price for the same durations.

So my best guess is that the Note 4 will come in around the same prices for those plans

I'm heading to the States next week, worth looking into getting it over there you think, or upgrading with 3?

Looked just now at the 5S on the upgrade page for comparison as it's also 119 on unlimited, and the other prices are:

Classic Flex - Max 350 - 18mts - €339, 24mts - €169 for the handset

Mini flex is same handset price for the same durations.

So my best guess is that the Note 4 will come in around the same prices for those plans

Yeah, I'm done with buying phones subsidized now.

The 169 isn't too bad of a price, but can't believe they charge an extra 140 for 18 months over 24 months. Those 6 months would cost you 240. So it's really an extra 100 for an extra 6 months of the same tarriff and you wouldn't have to drop the added 240 for over a year.

They might as well scrap the 18 month deal if they can't do a better offer than that.

Which store?
    Letterkenny

Does anyone know how much of delay there is receiving updates when you have a carrier branded device?

• Advertisement

Does anyone know how much of delay there is receiving updates when you have a carrier branded device?

It can be anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple of months. Depends on how heavy the update is I guess and the specific network.

I'm hoping the Android L update for the Note 4 doesn't take long, but I will be going with a custom ROM straight of that bat anyway. So not worried about networks taking their sweet time.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

What the best bill pay plan at the moment I'm paying meteor 50 a month for 400 minutes and texts with 2gb data 18month contract.

I could do with more data and less minutes and texts but it seems to be 24month contracts now with them and I don't want that. Buying the phone straight out isn't an option.

Craigels wrote: »
    What the best bill pay plan at the moment I'm paying meteor 50 a month for 400 minutes and texts with 2gb data 18month contract.

I could do with more data and less minutes and texts but it seems to be 24month contracts now with them and I don't want that. Buying the phone straight out isn't an option.

I'm on 3 and pay around 32 for 350 mins or 700 texts or combination of the 2, and unlimited data* not really unlimited but i use average about 10-15gb a month minimum and Bill is always roughly 32 and max of 35

Craigels wrote: »

To be honest, unless you go with a 24 month contract, your not really going to see how sort of decent price.

The Three 18 month has the phone at 340, but me and markad1 paid 535 for it pre-pay and not contract.

youcancallmeal mentioned they were in carphonewarehouse (samsung store) on Vodafone prepay for 599.

So it's really not worth paying the extra each month for a phone on the 18 month contract, when in fact it's only an extra 160 or so for it without a contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭deep1

To be honest, unless you go with a 24 month contract, your not really going to see how sort of decent price.

The Three 18 month has the phone at 340, but me and markad1 paid 535 for it pre-pay and not contract.

youcancallmeal mentioned they were in carphonewarehouse (samsung store) on Vodafone prepay for 599.

So it's really not worth paying the extra each month for a phone on the 18 month contract, when in fact it's only an extra 160 or so for it without a contract.

I am on Three but if i buy on O2 can it be easily unlocked like i did s5.

What is the European model no of Note 4 so i can check, very tempted with that price and getting bored with 6plus already.

Can you tell me where you got the information on the phone?? I just called car phone warehouse and three upgrade, both said they are unaware what the pricing structure will be??

Cheers

deep1 wrote: »
    I am on Three but if i buy on O2 can it be easily unlocked like i did s5.

What is the European model no of Note 4 so i can check, very tempted with that price and getting bored with 6plus already.

Euro model number is SM-N910F. All models listed here

Can you tell me where you got the information on the phone?? I just called car phone warehouse and three upgrade, both said they are unaware what the pricing structure will be??

Cheers

All that info I got from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭doyle7

Cheers

blog.carphonewarehouse.ie/index.php/first-buy-galaxy-note-4-ses-stores-tomorrow/

halfway down the page shows general pricing for both pre and bill pay.

• Advertisement

Has anyone else that ordered from O2 gotten an email requesting a credit card statement and proof of ID?

Advertisement