Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung galaxy note 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,677 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Hachiko wrote: »
    give me some competition to a note 4 or a note edge, not much out there to match that.

Lg g3, one plus one, Lg g pro 2, lumia 1520, iPhone 6 plus and lots more that I haven't mentioned. There's plenty of competition around.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

IPhone 6+
    G3
    Nokia 1520

Touchwiz will no doubt take the edge off the specs no doubt anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

iphone 6+ is no better than a note 3 (dont want to get involved with the apple eco-system anyway), dont want a nokia or lumia. The LG looks interesting but I am holding out on the galaxy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

iphone 6+ is no better than a note 3 (dont want to get involved with the apple eco-system anyway), dont want a nokia or lumia. The LG looks interesting but I am holding out on the galaxy.

But can you not admit there is plenty of competition?

erm, have you looked at the specs of the galaxy note 4 or a note edge? iphone 6...hmmm let me see, I would like a camera better than something 4 years old at this stage. The only one i can see that is anywhere near the new note is the lg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,677 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

erm, have you looked at the specs of the galaxy note 4 or a note edge? iphone 6...hmmm let me see, I would like a camera better than something 4 years old at this stage. The only one i can see that is anywhere near the new note is the lg.

What about the Oneplus One? Arguably a better phone, no touchwiz nonsense and half the price.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

What about the Oneplus One? Arguably a better phone, no touchwiz nonsense and half the price.

If you are basing a purchased purely on screen size, then devices like that and the iphone 6 plus are competition for the Note.

If you're purchasing for all the other features, then the Note is out there on it's own.

I saw an iPhone 6 plus in the flesh for the first time yesterday, and it really is a ridiculous looking thing, imho. It's just a really, really, big iphone. It doesn't seem optimised in any way for the extra screen real estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

The iPhone 6 camera is outstanding. It's pretty much the sole reason i've bought a Plus. I quite dislike iOS, but there's no doubting the quality of Apple's cameras. I was considering the Note 4 as well, but **** me its just taken an age to come out. At this stage Shamu is getting closer and closer and that's just going to take sales from Samsung as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭clank182

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Review!
    Android Authority

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Eibt5_0EVo

leemaree wrote: »

Not sure what the point is of posting a link from an iPhone site that compares the 6 plus to the variant of the note that we won't even be getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Basil3 wrote: »
    Not sure what the point is of posting a link from an iPhone site that compares the 6 plus to the variant of the note that we won't even be getting?

I was just trying to point out the poor performance against the iphone

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

leemaree wrote: »
    I was just trying to point out the poor performance against the iphone

It's hardly going to be an unbiased review coming from "appleinsider.com" though :)

Besides, they're two entirely different platforms. It'd be like comparing Windows to OSX

ordered mine from comtech.de, 710euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Whats the expected shipping date? Are you having it shipped through mailboxde or direct to IReland?

to England where i am. No idea on dates...!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ronanodalaigh

Are you sure it will work in UK/Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Samsung Ireland "The Note 4 will be released in Ireland the week of October 20th "

I asked for exact release date and that's what I got from their FB page.

shipping was included in my bill, what is the cost of this in Ireland?

• Advertisement

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 N910F 32GB LTE smartphone black (no branding) - DE Goods
    699.00 EUR
    699.00 EUR
    Shipping: 11.99 EUR
    Total net: 597.48 EUR
    Total Gross: 710.99 EUR

Why did you order it from them?

can it be got cheaper than 710euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Expansys it is 785 or so....always a dear place that along with pixmania.

But none of these places actually have them in stock right? And we don't know what the actual price will be yet do we? Apple really smoke Samsung for prelaunch details.

it will be out in October. The note 4 will smoke the iphone 6. I had to chuckle when i read the processor of the iphone 6 is not much of a step up from the 5, then they have NFC which has been about ages, and the ability to view in full screen when the screen is flipped, guess this is big stuff for apple.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭battser

Can anyone tell me how much it will be approx with Vodafone on an upgrade? Full price I'm guessing. Also will the note 3 go down a bit when its launched with the providers?

would expect a drop on the note 3 for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

I am on an iPhone 6+ at the moment and can't wait to get the Note 4. Honestly cannot stick IOS and its years behind Android. Apple do scale hardware to fit the O/S so wouldn't really make too much of a comparison there but features and usability wise I think IOS is seriously lacking.

Have been on Android for years and had opportunity to use the 6+ for few weeks but will be getting Note 4 as soon as I can. I am disappointed with Samsung's delay in getting it released and they should rethink this strategy going forward of announcing at events and not having the device available for another 6 weeks.. suppose Apple have done same with their watch but in general the new iPhone's and iPad's can be got soon after announcement.

• Advertisement

Have been on Android for years and had opportunity to use the 6+ for few weeks but will be getting Note 4 as soon as I can. I am disappointed with Samsung's delay in getting it released and they should rethink this strategy going forward of announcing at events and not having the device available for another 6 weeks.. suppose Apple have done same with their watch but in general the new iPhone's and iPad's can be got soon after announcement.

That's where HTC really pulled it off this year. I think the M8 was announced on March 25th, had one in my hands by the 28th.

Advertisement