Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung galaxy note 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

The problem is they insist on announcing it at IFA which is early Sept every year but they can't have it ready then. They are probably happy to have 2 months of hyping before it gets released anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

The problem is they insist on announcing it at IFA which is early Sept every year but they can't have it ready then. They are probably happy to have 2 months of hyping before it gets released anyway?

They can generally but this year with so much extra hype around the iPhone 6 it has been lost a little. I am sure it will be in our face everyday once it is released but they need to move on from IFA or else have it available soon after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Holy **** - if you were to buy on amazon.co.uk, it would cost u £766.00 and £10 p&p, it works out €1.023,78

Really don't know why people are pre-ordering at such crazy prices. Maybe I'm a little optimistic, but if I choose to buy the Note 4, I expect to walk in to a shop on the day of release and pay €650-700 for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

think i might cancel this, get a refund

screw this, dont need all this hassle

24716 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 N910F 32GB LTE smartphone black (no branding) - DE Goods reordered
    It may happen that the delivery of some products shifts from week to week, or that no specific delivery date is present. We are here rely on the information from the manufacturer and can not speed up the delivery. If you want to change your order, please write us a short message to shop@comtech.de and please enter the order and the document number.

guys,

what are the thoughts on black vs white?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_tsAPFVPSk

I got an octa core model from Korea, its in white.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Hachiko wrote: »
    guys,

what are the thoughts on black vs white?

I got an octa core model from Korea, its in white.

White all the way!

I am in dialogue with a seller from Korea, its the Exynos model. Really sick of the waiting times in Europe. Anyway the 8 core model is meant to be slightly better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I got fed up waiting and went for the Experia z3, the water proofing on it also swung it.

I got fed up waiting and went for the Experia z3, the water proofing on it also swung it.

Amazing how important water proofing has become, never actually had water damage to a phone before. My girlfriend got the Z3 compact last week, and she won't even let me put it in the kitchen sink. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Are they pics you took yourself when you received the phone?
    And did you get caught for import tax?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

So a lot of people thought we would have been able to buy this yesterday but we still don't even have a proper release date a month on from their announcement, really bad form

Are they pics you took yourself when you received the phone?
    And did you get caught for import tax?

pics from the seller, not received yet so no idea on taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

adamski8 wrote: »
    So a lot of people thought we would have been able to buy this yesterday but we still don't even have a proper release date a month on from their announcement, really bad form

Samsung did say the 17th for the UK for well over a week now and the 20th for Ireland a few days ago.

One big problem Samsung have with any delays in release is not only the iPhone 6 Plus being available, but also the new Google Nexus device, which is rumoured to have a 5.9" display. I've decided I'm not going to pull the trigger on the Note 4 until I have a good comparison with the Nexus 6/X.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Any rumours on what price providers will charge for this on a 2 year contract? Might the s5 come down in price when this is released?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Basil3 wrote: »
    One big problem Samsung have with any delays in release is not only the iPhone 6 Plus being available, but also the new Google Nexus device, which is rumoured to have a 5.9" display. I've decided I'm not going to pull the trigger on the Note 4 until I have a good comparison with the Nexus 6/X.

I've been doing this for the guts of the last year, waiting for the next one I want to come along, after I went off-contract in March. Still haven't upgraded but I think despite what could possibly come along (including the Galaxy Note Edge for example), I'm just going to plump for the Note 4 and be done with it for the foreseeable future. It looks like an excellent phone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Basil3 wrote: »

The Note 5 is rumoured to be 5.9" display as well

http://www.note5us.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

leemaree wrote: »

Any speculation on the successor to an unreleased device should be taken with a mountain of salt.

Thor wrote: »
    Samsung did say the 17th for the UK for well over a week now and the 20th for Ireland a few days ago.

The week of the 20th not the 20th. Could be 24th for all we know. Not very reassuring given a vague week release date that it will be available that week

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ianofitz

Thor wrote: »

Where did you read that? Sounds better than what I heard in Three the other day. They said they wouldn't have it till November. Wonder how much it will be on contract, itching for an upgrade at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭pah

leemaree wrote: »

and the award for most pointless post of the year goes to.....

the "rumours" from that site are months old and are from before the note 4 was even announced :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭dpjmie

pics from the seller, not received yet so no idea on taxes.

How much did you pay, if you don't mind sharing??

Cheers Dpjmie

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

Samsung confirmed the launch is Thursday the 23rd

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

Here is my message

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Craigels wrote: »

Great, now to find out what pricing the Irish carriers will have for it?

Craigels wrote: »

Well done, you finally got it out of them!

• Advertisement

Great, now to find out what pricing the Irish carriers will have for it?

Whoo, i think your asking way too much now. Like can't you just go into the shop on the 23rd and enjoy the great surprise!

Advertisement