Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung galaxy note 4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

Messing around with the dates, plus the fact that I could break my contract early due to a change by Three as long as I gave them notice by the 20th of this month but after that I had to stay with my contract for the remainder of the term (8 months) meant I switched to Vodafone with the Z3.

I really wanted to order the Note 4, being a Note 2 user but I had a finite time to port out and the delays just meant it wasn't going to be possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭markad1

Hachiko does your note 4 work ok on the 4G network here?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

LTE works fine, it has korean apps i cant remove. some Korean teleco. I am sure if you did a root you could get rid of.

you could probably flash a non branded firmware to get rid of that stuff.

I take it there's no region lock crap that was on the Note 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

Meteor told me on Facebook that it's available in store now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Craigels wrote: »

Do we believe them though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Craigels wrote: »

It's not on there website + Samsung Ireland said that it b out on the 23rd so I can't understand how they have it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,010 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Anyone know if this is the sim free price? Seems pretty good if it is?

Ordered from O2 on prepay for €660.99 less 20% priority discount for a total €535.99 delivered :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

anyone know when it's coming out on vodafone?

markad1 wrote: »
    Ordered from O2 on prepay for €660.99 less 20% priority discount for a total €535.99 delivered :)

Is it locked to O2? Does it come with any O2 branding? How does the priority discount work, how do you avail of it? Might try the same but only if it isn't locked to O2?

http://o2priority.ie/moments/
    You register for O2 priority and you select the 20% discount for online purchases

I got the note 3 the same way last year and it was locked to O2. It had no branding.

How did u order this when it's out of stock? Unless u ordered it earlier

leemaree wrote: »
    How did u order this when it's out of stock? Unless u ordered it earlier

Was in stock when I ordered. It may have been a mistake and not in stock at all.

Was in stock when I ordered. It may have been a mistake and not in stock at all.

Yes, I tried this and it was out of stock. 5 mins later, it was out of stock when I refreshed it. I suppose it depends when u look at the site

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Yeah, I placed my order on o2 at around 15:30 I think. O2's dispatch and they said they getting them tomorrow and should be shipping them the next day.

Looking forward to it arriving. Nice you see you got the discount as well markad1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Went into two meteor stores there and they didn't have any and didn't have a clue when they would. One said November.

Thor, the discount sealed the deal.
    I was interested in the exynos version Hachiko got but I couldn't pass the 20% off.
    I seen a unit in India that had a sticker on the box saying about activating with a sim card from that region :mad:
    Anyone importing be careful of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Hachiko

Thor, the discount sealed the deal.
    I was interested in the exynos version Hachiko got but I couldn't pass the 20% off.
    I seen a unit in India that had a sticker on the box saying about activating with a sim card from that region :mad:
    Anyone importing be careful of this.

nothing wrong with dragon, they are both stupid fast phones at the end of the day, people might say why the bench marks are not higher with all that processing power but the display is a monster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Hachiko wrote: »
    nothing wrong with dragon, they are both stupid fast phones at the end of the day, people might say why the bench marks are not higher with all that processing power but the display is a monster.

I agree. I could have picked up the Exynos myself, but waited out to order the snapdragon. Mainly because of the extra development support behind it. Even more so now that the Nexus 6 is using the same chipset.

Either way, performance on both of these devices are more than good enough and I can't imagine anything that will completely saturate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭doyle7

Is anybody here with o2? isnt the lack of a 4g network annoying you with such a great device. i have the note 3 and want to leave vodafone but o2 keep stalling on the 4g info.

any reccomendations?

4G doesn't bother me. There's wifi everywhere. 4G would be nice for the few times there's no wifi.

doyle7 wrote: »
    Is anybody here with o2? isnt the lack of a 4g network annoying you with such a great device. i have the note 3 and want to leave vodafone but o2 keep stalling on the 4g info.

any reccomendations?

I'm on Three's 4G and while it is nice to have it is vastly overrated imo. They are going to start charging for it from December but I'll be sticking with 3G which is perfectly fine for my needs. Unless you like to watch HD videos on youtube and other bandwidth intensive tasks then it's fairly pointless.

Right, I have the Galaxy Note 4 page open on 02.ie to see when/if it's available. I'm going to refresh it now and again to see ;-)

leemaree....I use chrome and theres an extension for it called page monitor. I told it to monitor the O2 and google page and anytime there's changes to the page I get a notification.
    It's handy for monitoring when new stuff is added :)

leemaree....I use chrome and theres an extension for it called page monitor. I told it to monitor the O2 and google page and anytime there's changes to the page I get a notification.

Cool, I'll try that and i'll try do it and see if I can work it out as I have google chrome

I've monitored my page (I think) I don't know how to get a notification. Will I get it through e-mail or something?

• Advertisement

right click on the page monitor....click options and reduce the check interval to monitor quicker :)
    also enable desktop notification.
    You will see a number pop up on the page monitor icon

Advertisement